It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange flashes at Fukushima nuclear plant 05/09/2011.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I won't lie, I haven't clue what it is. Judging by the speed of the flashes I would say small explosions (?). I'm sorry I can't comment more but I am stumped.

enenews.com...

For those who cannot view the video, it is of 4-5 flashes of light coming from a part of the Fukushima power plant.

ALS

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It looks like transformers blowing. Given the extent of damage that reactor has suffered, I am willing to bet the whole facility is "shorting out"...as it were.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I won't lie, I haven't clue what it is. Judging by the speed of the flashes I would say small explosions (?). I'm sorry I can't comment more but I am stumped.

enenews.com...

For those who cannot view the video, it is of 4-5 flashes of light coming from a part of the Fukushima power plant.

ALS

Definitely some UFOs over the horizon there. Maybe one of them crashlanded.

Just kidding.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

There are reports of fires at the site but I can't find any links???

ALS

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

When it's initially played at x20 speed, it looks like an small explosion.

But when it's played at x1 speed, to me it looks kind of like a search beam/torch/headlights. It seems to sweep to either side. Although that sweeping may just be a result of the compression artifacts.

But I may just have special 'see-what-you-want-to-see' eyes!

st.
edit on 5-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because: typosaurus

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I presume camera flash wouldn’t be that intense, perhaps some type of machinery that welds materials together? If small explosions I hope they are ok because Japan has had enough problems to deal with these last few months.s.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well, it certainly looks like some ki d of arcing, but it could be spot lights from behind it as well.

Still given how much radiation is present, who knows what it could be!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Found some older footage with lights coming from the same direction.

2011.08.21 19:00-20:00

2011.08.21 20:00-21:00

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am looking at the live feed right now...seems to still be there no clouds or real evidence of disturbance. Hope for the best expect the worst.. seems a good strategy in this event.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Could I get a link to the feed?

Thanks.
ALS

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Don't worry I found it. And now I can see it during the day, I can see cranes so i'm gonna say the flashes were lights from either the cranes or ground works.

ALS

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That can't be good.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adb9499b68ce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Oh jeez sorry I took it for granted you had the link my bad
ill link it for others that may look in...
www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I found it already but thanks anyway.

ALS

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Probably lightning.

A very slow moving (under 10km/h) typhoon has been crossing Japan since early Saturday. It's the morning of the 6th right now, and the last of the heavy rain - including lightning- is still affecting tohoku and hokkaido.

If you go here: www.jma.go.jp... you can see the current weather warnings as the typhoon movers out. I can't find yesterday's warnings or radar, but you'll see that this system is still producing thunderstorm warnings across the north. (as of about 8:45 am on the 6th).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Could be but would lightning take up a larger and higher region of the sky.

ALS

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was watching the feed pretty regularly, and there has been stuff going on in that exact area for some time. Glowing and bursts like that....I have no idea what it is, but I don't think it's good or normal.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Looks like headlights/floodlights and something walking in front of them or light source moving around. I deal with stage lighting on a regular basis and it looks exactly like big lights! Especially when it goes side to side. As mentioned previously has been heaps of work there already.

Also remember the webcam captures at a very low frame rate so things can look faster than they are.

new topics

top topics

join