It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council of Europe demands truth on CIA 'black sites'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

Thomas Hammarberg said Poland, Romania and Lithuania were among at least seven countries that hosted "black sites" for "enhanced interrogation" during the "war on terror."
CIA officials have acknowledged the rendition program, but refused to discuss details and denied violating any laws. Efforts to challenge the agency and get details about it in U.S. courts have been turned aside.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Scary stuff. We really don't know what they're doing with this rendition stuff, but grabbing people from any country and putting them on planes to secret sites for "enhanced interrogation" sounds frightening. And living in America, I'd imagine their idea of "Enhanced Interrogation" in a place where US laws don't apply are probably not good at all.
Everything here in America that's been "enhanced", from "Enhanced Pat Downs" to "Enhanced Profiling" has not turned out so well.

www.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
CoE is just posturing to save face and dignity. Truth is, they were (and still are) just as complicit, just as active and just as guilty as any US agency in the running of black sites, rendition flights, unlawful detention, torture and imprisonment.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Yeah man, I was reading about this on RT News. I hope they go through with this and someone finally holds the CIA and America, along with others, responsible for its lies and hypocrisy
edit on 5-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I have no idea why they even have these sites? What are they trying to find out they don't already know? Why torture and arrest except for sh&&s and giggles because they get off on the power. They are a bunch of psychotic sociopaths. All the countries that took them in are as guilty or more guilty because they have the final say within their own country. People think we are crazy when we talk abou the FEMA camps in the US and their sick plans. WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL THAT IT CAN"T HAPPEN TO YOU?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well I'm sure that they're holding tea parties because thats what Romania, Poland, and such are well known for, certainly not war criminals and torture. Not withstanding the already incredibly friendly nature of the CIA towards everyone. Though I don't believe the CoE plans to do a thing about it, anyone who intends to expose anything that goes on at these "black sites" will soon find themselves at one.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Id like to think that the authorities in my country would step in and activly prevent the CIA from doing whatever they felt like to me in my country.
If i'm gonna be mistreated by a shady gov group then at least make it my own countries shady gov group.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Its realy sickening that A FOREIGN AGENCY would unlawfully detain ANYONE in a place it has ZERO JURISDICTION! The governments that allow such atrocities are guilty of treason in that they betray the trust of their own population.

How would americans like it if the KGB was operating in america and UNLAWFULLY DETAINING americans?
I hope there is plenty of light shed on these operations but I am not holding my breath as the cia and nsa is run by the bankers with plenty of money to burn. Its all a circus act for them.hhaha

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Moe appropriate is how would Americans feel if the KGB was paying them to detain & "question" Afghans in America?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

www.cnn.com

Thomas Hammarberg said Poland, Romania and Lithuania were among at least seven countries that hosted "black sites" for "enhanced interrogation" during the "war on terror."
CIA officials have acknowledged the rendition program, but refused to discuss details and denied violating any laws. Efforts to challenge the agency and get details about it in U.S. courts have been turned aside.

Vacuuming the cobwebs from my brain...
Wait, did I miss the Grand Announcement that the war on terror is over?
Or was that the hidden meaning behind the OBL death announcement. (Oh. We need a facepalm icon , ATS!)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Moe appropriate is how would Americans feel if the KGB was paying them to detain & "question" Afghans in America?

Why would the KGB care about afghans in america? Your question does not make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Oh yeah dude.. you can bet if they are taking you out of the country for "interrogation" you are going to be completely effed up and/or disappeared. I mean.. if they were just going to beat on you a little bit they'd drop you off at any police station.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I hear you mate, I'd much rather be at the hands of fellow Aussies than the yanks! That said, there are equally sick people here..atleast maybe with the familiar accent you wouldn't have to ask an interrogator to repeat himself and risk a cattle prod to the knackers!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The post I replied to was a hypothetical about how Americans would feel if hte KGB was operating in America detaining americans.

My post was setting a more accurate analogy - it's a hypothetical - try following the context a bit....

new topics

top topics

join