It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

39 People shot in 48 hours in NYC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I know the article says 31 people but look just above it says now up to 39! What is going on? That is unprecedented for ANY city. I wonder how many guns the obama administration put on the streets of america? Forget mexico kinda makes me think

www.nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
how many guns obama put on the street.... granted not a fan of obama but you can go to any gun shop and get a mass variety of weapons... its not his doing... as for mexican cartel that may be a different story.

39 gun shots not that big of a deal in my opinion expect that number to be in the thousands when shtf

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
how many guns obama put on the street.... granted not a fan of obama but you can go to any gun shop and get a mass variety of weapons... its not his doing... as for mexican cartel that may be a different story.

39 gun shots not that big of a deal in my opinion expect that number to be in the thousands when shtf

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724

Hmm 39 PEOPLE being shot is alot imo. Where do you live that thats the norm?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I know the article says 31 people but look just above it says now up to 39! What is going on? That is unprecedented for ANY city. I wonder how many guns the obama administration put on the streets of america? Forget mexico kinda makes me think

www.nypost.com...

So Obama gets the blame for this now huh? Some nutcase opened fire during a parade so how is he the blame for that? It looks like all the shootings are related most likely gang violence. If someone wants to get a gun illegally in NYC it isn't very hard to do and it's been that way for decades.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Chicago is a pretty close second, or maybe they are #1 per capita?

People say that we who warned about stuff like this were fear mongering.

I think it's going to get worse. Especially around election time.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What he is saying is that when/if it all collapses around us, streets will run red with blood. The pain we see in events like 911, Haiti, Japan, etc., will seem like the good ole days. People don't realize the true potential for all out chaos. It lives, it breaths and it could happen at any moment, or not at all. We don't know, do we?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice these examples from the OP link....

.....Four people were shot at 12:45 a.m. at what appeared to be a barbecue on East 54th Street.....

.....A man and a woman were each shot in the chest at 4:24 a.m. and 6 a.m......

.....Police sources believe the three shootings this morning are connected to the pre-dawn festivities.....

.....A total of eight people alone were shot at 3:40 a.m. at the out-of-control house party on East 221st Street in The Bronx Sunday, authorities said......

The headline would have someone thinking the City has just gone insane and folks are shooting each other like it's become legal. Amazing what the careful packaging and presentation of statistics can accomplish for supporting a point of view though, isn't it? A few incidents where idiots just sprayed a crowd with reckless gunfire can add up quick, eh?

The shootings are tragic, no question...but this is Labor Day Weekend and it's one of the largest party/drunk people holidays of the year. I'd be surprised if there weren't a few major incidents of violence in every major city this weekend...like last year had...and the year before...and the year before that......

edit on 5-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The article says:

Two dozen of the victims were shot in 13 incidents.

Incidentally, shooting is not the same as murder. I wonder what the normal "shooting rate" is for NYC?

I looked here, but they don't apparently track that:

www.nyc.gov...

Note: 1-2 people are murdered in NYC per day.

edit on 5-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Republicans will never be taken seriously if they blame everything on Obama.

This is a terrible tragedy. To blame it on Obama is absurd and shows just how coldhearted republicans really are.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Soon Obama will be blamed for someone's steak being overcooked. It's one thing if you don't like the guys policies, it's another thing to blame him for everything under the sun.

This is just another bash Obama thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Republicans will never be taken seriously if they blame everything on Obama.

This is a terrible tragedy. To blame it on Obama is absurd and shows just how coldhearted republicans really are.

Hmm well im not a republican and last time I checked I never "blamed" it on barry. I said I WONDER!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Soon Obama will be blamed for someone's steak being overcooked. It's one thing if you don't like the guys policies, it's another thing to blame him for everything under the sun.

This is just another bash Obama thread.

Funny not once did I bash the guy

And dont forget he is still gulty of the gun running to mexico anyways. Keep sticking up for him you dont have a leg to stand on however

new topics

top topics

join