It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope John Paul II condemns human cloning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I know that many people here aren't Catholic... but I still thought people might be interested in the Pope's views on what may be the greatest controversy of our time:

news.myway.com...|top|08-22-2004::08:07|reuters.html

" The pope said medical research should not try to "manipulate" human beings "according to a project considered with arrogance better than that of the Creator himself."
' "The way taught by Christ is another: it is that of respect for human beings," he said, urging ethically responsible science."

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Of course he is against it, non sexual reproduction eliminates the guilt and shame that the Church bludgeons the faithful with.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Fear of the "unknown" and restriction of scientific advancement keeps control among the populus.

... read: Galileio, et al.

Why do you think the church wants to keep control of the populus?

Two words: agenda advancement.

Control's very important, you know -- and what better way to do it than through fear or the stifiling of knowledge?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Despite all good that could come from cloning organs, the mere thought that we are becoming too advanced causes people to soil their pants. I long for the day when advancement is a virtue and not a subject of scorn.

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

What is your take on this dreams?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Of course he is against it, non sexual reproduction eliminates the guilt and shame that the Church bludgeons the faithful with.

LMAO!! That's so true its funny.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
In the 1600s, Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake by the church for saying that there was other worlds outside our solar system

Today�s punishment is not nearly as harsh but people that think outside the norm in science meet their own form of punishment by the church.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

In the 1600s, Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake by the church for saying that there was other worlds outside our solar system

i didnt know that one, i'l google it later on. although i have heard about lots of conflict between the church and science, there was a time when the church where hunting down heritics (sp?) . and then there was galileo, placed under house arrest as he was saying the sun was the centre of the solar system and not the earth.

i didnt think human cloning would get the popes approval. he does have a good point i think though, about respect for human beings. not sure if i think its a good idea or bad, aint decided yet.

rynaldo

*edit* read about Giordano Bruno there, thanks for the name

[edit on 23-8-2004 by rynaldo82]

new topics

top topics

join