It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF general: Likelihood of regional war growing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
a signatory fully compliant with UN's IAEA that might or might not have one warhead?

iaea.org...

3. Areas where Iran is not meeting its obligations, as indicated in this report and previous reports of the Director General

Iran has not suspended its enrichment related activities as follows:

• Production of UF6 at UCF as feed material for enrichment
• Manufacturing centrifuge components, and assembling and testing centrifuges
• Conducting enrichment related research and development
• Conducting operations, installation work and the production of LEU up to 3.5% U-235 at the Fuel Enrichment Plant (FEP)
• Conducting operations, installation work and the production of LEU up to 20% U-235 at the Pilot Fuel Enrichment Plant (PFEP)
• Conducting construction work at the Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant (FFEP)

Iran is not providing supporting information regarding the chronology of the design and construction, as well as the original purpose, of FFEP

Iran has not suspended work on heavy water related projects as follows:

• Continuing the construction of the IR-40 Reactor
• Production of heavy water at the Heavy Water Production Plant (HWPP)
• Preparing for conversion activities for the production of natural UO2 for IR-40 Reactor fuel
• Manufactured a fuel assembly, fuel rods and fuel pellets for the IR-40 Reactor Iran has not permitted the Agency to verify suspension of its heavy water related projects by:
• Not permitting the Agency to take samples of the heavy water stored at UCF
• Not providing access to HWPP Iran is not cooperating with the Agency regarding the outstanding issues which give rise to concern about possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme:
• Iran is not providing access to relevant locations, equipment, persons or documentation related to possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme; nor has Iran responded to the many questions the Agency has raised with Iran regarding procurement of nuclear related items

• Iran is not engaging with the Agency in substance on issues concerning the allegation that Iran is developing a nuclear payload for its missile programme. These issues refer to activities in Iran dealing with, inter alia:

• neutron generation and associated diagnostics
• uranium conversion and metallurgy
• high explosives manufacturing and testing
• exploding bridgewire detonator studies, particularly involving applications necessitating high simultaneity
• multipoint explosive initiation and hemispherical detonation studies involving highly instrumented experiments
• high voltage firing equipment and instrumentation for explosives testing over long distances and possibly underground
• missile re-entry vehicle redesign activities for a new payload assessed as being nuclear in nature

Iran is not providing the requisite design information in accordance with the modified Code 3.1 in connection with:

• The IR-40 Reactor
• The announced new enrichment facilities
• The announced new reactor similar to TRR

Iran is not implementing its Additional Protocol

Iran does not look fully compliant to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

unbelievable

You didn't include the part where I specifically said they are allowed to enrich uranium under UN Sanctions

Then you post a bunch of statements saying they are enriching the very same element they are allowed to enrich

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

This:

What is Israel offering other than secrecy?
Sounds like they are banging the drums of war

This:

It is obvious that the Zionist government wants war. They know they have no evidence at all to prove any of their claims, but there are enough gullible people who believe their BS.

And this:

Here Israel admits they have WMD's so why aren't we invading them? Israel is doing and saying whatever it can to get us to go to war with Iran. If Israel doesn't have the balls to attack Iran on it's own then they need to just shut the hell up.

... are all attempts to bash Israel! I feel my post was, without a doubt, on topic, and that it should be reinstated! Perhaps it wasn't much of a contribution, but it was, most definitely, my opinion of what the OP, and those who posted the other comments quoted above, have in mind!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
Perhaps it wasn't much of a contribution, but it was, most definitely, my opinion of what the OP, and those who posted the other comments quoted above, have in mind!

Tell me something, does Iran post a threat to Israel?

Tx

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

unbelievable

You didn't include the part where I specifically said they are allowed to enrich uranium under UN Sanctions

Then you post a bunch of statements saying they are enriching the very same element they are allowed to enrich

The IAEA report says a lot more than that. It is not fair to say that Iran is not "fully compliant"?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Perhaps it wasn't much of a contribution, but it was, most definitely, my opinion of what the OP, and those who posted the other comments quoted above, have in mind!

Tell me something, does Iran post a threat to Israel?

Tx

Your point is well taken! I shouldn't have included you! I'm sorry!

To answer your question:
I feel Iran WILL be a much bigger threat to that whole area than Israel currently is.

Once again, I'm sorry about my original assumption of you.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
It is obvious that the Zionist government wants war. They know they have no evidence at all to prove any of their claims, but there are enough gullible people who believe their BS.

With the banking system crumbling more and more the chances for a big war are growing every day.

edit on 5-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: pulled my comment,,,see you down the road on this one

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

C'mon dude, do you really believe Iran are not working towards a nuclear weapon?
Honestly?

Sure, technically they've towed the line, yes what they are doing is reasonable..

But if the USA and Israel were seriously eyeing you off, having just seen what occured in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and much of the world... surely you'd be working OVERTIME To get a nuclear device.

Secondly,
The only thing stopping Iran from getting a nuclear bomb is the actual nuclear contents. That takes time, lots of time to create enough weapons grade material. I'm pretty sure North Korea, who's produced plenty of this material, and who's a close friend of Iran has probably supplied them with a briefcase or two worth (which would be enough for MORE than 1 bomb)... I do recall Iranian diplomats being present at the north's nuclear test.

But back on topic,

a new WMD discovered in the hands of radical terrorists in the middle east? why havent they used it at some Knesset parliament hearing?

I dont understand Israel some times, either they are on the '' kill them all '' bandwagon, or the ''give them time to conform '' band wagon.

what doesnt make sense is to go in guns blazing making thousands of new terrorists with rage and hate... and then backing off, letting them fester, letting them prepare and then going in again claiming '' they dont like us ''

No kidding. .you killed poor ahmeds entire family with a munition made in the USA. it doesnt take a genius to forsee him wanting to anhiliate you.

Somethings not adding up...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It sounds like they're in the initial stages of rallying up support for a future offensive. From the Israeli perspective, they're surrounded by enemies who'd gladly take the life of an Israeli at the drop of a hat and obviously the Israeli people know this, then to report the discovery of new WMD's? It's no secret that they wouldn't be aimed at their Islamic brothers (if they indeed exist at all)

Bloody Israel, sounds like justification prior to action IMO. It's time they were held accountable for their war crimes.
edit on 5/9/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You don't understand them, due to the factions within the government.

Likud and Labor have very different viewpoints on peace in the Middle East, Palestinians and Iran.

Not everyone in Israel wants war with Iran or other such nonsense.

Blanket labeling of Israelis doesn't help anyone, especially the Israelis who want peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
untill somebody commits to war its all speculation. It could be years before anybody risks loosing anything. I think the Arabs will fight over the last drops of oil before warring with Israel.For a small country Israel has a lot of firepower. I just dont see the Arabs coming together. I dont see China or Russia risking Blood over it. Its a battle for no profit. Russia and China have their own problems and if USA is taken out of the world leader role, is either Russia or China ready to feed and police the world as USA has?........I dont think so. Let USA continue to loose face and money. All they will do is huff and puff and beat their chest and Arabs will take pot shots as thats all they are capable of.
edit on 6-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

... are all attempts to bash Israel! I feel my post was, without a doubt, on topic, and that it should be reinstated! Perhaps it wasn't much of a contribution, but it was, most definitely, my opinion of what the OP, and those who posted the other comments quoted above, have in mind!

"Mimimimi, Israel bashing, mimimimimi", and you are behaving like a little child who got his toy taken away.

All of our comments, that you listed, are facts, wether you like it or not. If you think it is wrong prove the opposite.

Why is it that all countries have to be compliant and Israel does not?

Iran just offerend to give IAEA full insight a few days ago, they want the sanctions lifted though. Sounds like a fair deal to me, what do you think.

By the way the EU rejected that.

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

edit on 5-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: pulled my comment,,,see you down the road on this one

Indeed. All arguments stand against the Zionist regime.
edit on 6-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Top Israeli defense official: Israel's security situation has never been better (Israel Radio)

Yeah right. When the government actually starts saying that, you can start worrying.

In other aspect he's right, since Israel has nukes and US support. But they had that since the 70s.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Every thread about Israel/Middle East situation is reminding me of the religious forums: tons of hate, false beliefs, immature comments and vengeful speeches. It's really the best we can do about that?

Wherever your sympathy or faith lies, the situation is serious for everyone. The equilibrium of forces in the Middle East is changing. Whether you approve of it or not, Israel IS there, and they will protect themselves no matter what US, or UN or anyone else will say. And if the situation escalate, we will all be involved. Innocent and guilty as one.

And even if Israel will be left by themselves to lose this war, which I don't really believe, does anyone have any doubt that Europe and US is next? Who will be there to stop the arrogance of these "friendly neighbors" and their nukes?

Our hate and ignorance might turn against us faster than we can say 'it's zionist's fault'. And from there nothing really matters anymore.

edit on 6-9-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

But here's the BIGGEST PIECE OF BS!!!!!!!!!

"Iran has not abandoned its nuclear program. The opposite it true; it continues full steam ahead," he said.

How can a non-signatory with over 200-300 Nuclear Warheads complain about a signatory fully compliant with UN's IAEA that might or might not have one warhead?

Iran is fully compliant? What rock are you hiding under?
Whether Israel is a signatory or not, the fact it has nuclear weapons, has meant that it's security has been maintained and it's Arab neighbours have not launched more wars aimed at wiping it and it's people off the face of the earth. Surely that isn't a concept that is too difficult for people to understand?
Even if Iran was fully compliant over it's energy program, the issue is that it has a history of providing weapons to terrorist groups who attack Israel. It has also supplied groups in Iraq.
What happen if Iran gets nukes, and provides these terror and insurgent groups with them? All hell breaks loose.

And the other(real) regional conflict that is brewing will involve Israel, Cyprus, Turkey and Greece, and possibly the US sixth fleet and various EU countries who might get involved.

The Greek military has moved to a heightened state of alert recently, all branches. Basically, they are prepared for immediate deployment and combat.
If politics fail, then there will be a major war over gas and oil reserves in the eastern Mediterranean by November.

Israel has found gas & oil.
So has Cyprus.
It's been known for well over a decade that Greece has substantial reserves(among other things). In particular there's estimated to be at least 1.5 trillion cubic meters of gas in an area south of Crete. An area that Turkey contested as not being part of Greece's sovereignty and claimed it should be part of Turkey. One of it's infamous gray zones that only it recognizes or believes in.

Turkey isn't happy. It believes it has a right to the natural resources of other countries in the region. It has been making veiled threats for a few weeks now against Cyprus.
It is planning large exercises in the region in the coming days.

It has expelled Israels ambassador as relations with Israel go from worse to catastrophic.
Israel and Greece are growing closer with a defence/security MoU being signed and the Greek defence minister going to Israel and meeting virtually every big player in the government and military hierarchy.

Important to remember also is that Cyprus has signed agreements over it's maritime boundaries with Egypt, Israel, Lebanon and Syria. So there is no issue. Especially since the gas reserves are in it's southern waters. The areas in question don't even border with Turkey, which makes their claims that they have rights too even more ludicrous.

Greece and Israel have already said they support and back Cyprus' rights. In the case of Greece, it will go to war for Cyprus. This time there wont be anything Washington can do to prevent a Greek retaliation and counter attack against Turkey. Although the way a lot of senators and congressmen view Turkey these days, I don't think there will be many who will want to help Turkey anyway.

Israel has proposed a pipeline to Cyprus, and even a pipeline to Greece. In other words, these gas fields which are massive mind you, will be a source of energy for the European Union for decades to come. So there is a lot at stake here.

The USA, whose firm Nobel Energy is involved in exploring and exploitation with Israel and Cyprus, has said it supports Cyprus' right to exploit it's natural resources. Basically a message to Turkey to back off.
Will Turkey attack or interfere with a US firm? We will see..

Russia has even chimed in and said Cyprus has every right to exploit it's natural resources.

It should also be noted that after Cyprus' announcement of gas finds, that German chancellor Merkel and French President Sarkozy BOTH visited Cyprus within days of each other. This is significant because no German or French leaders have ever visited the island before, and after the announcement of a massive gas find, both leaders visit within days of each other. What was said behind closed doors?

Worst case scenario is that Turkey attacks, Cyprus Israel Greece respond. Then the Kurds sensing they have an opportunity, go all out inside Turkey. Syria and Iran decide they have a chance to attack Israel as it is distracted. All hell has broken loose and the chances of the USA, Russia, EU all getting involved would be extremely high. If the worst case scenario happens, it will be massive. China would then likely see the USA is again distracted, even more so then with Iraq and Afghanistan, and moves to settle the Taiwan question once and for all. USA & allies are then forced to counter there. And World War Three has begun.

There are many who think that WW3 will start in the Middle East, and involve Turkey and Greece.
The way things are going at the moment, the way the pieces are falling into place, it certainly seems that such a scenario is plausible now.
edit on 6-9-2011 by BLV12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

All I know is that if Israel ever uses a nuke they will end up burning themselves in the process, nobody can use WMDs in the region without harming their own nations in any way.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yes Gaddafi i agree completely. It's all a zionist plot, using Al Quida as mercinaries.
How very clever of them Mo ha ha ha. Israil would love to see the iranian go down
But NATO is it's own boss, It might be expanding it's area of operations to include
Syria soon but Iran would be a step to far unless Iran attacted Turkey or Pehaps isral
in retaliation for Intervening in syrian affairs.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Why is it that all countries have to be compliant and Israel does not?

Because Israel is not a signatory to the treaty. Why should they comply with a treaty they have not signed?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Because Israel is not a signatory to the treaty. Why should they comply with a treaty they have not signed?

Wrong question

Why should a non-signatory create so much war propoganda about a compliant signatory and their nuclear program?

Iran >>>>>>>>>> Israel

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join