It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear God! DUDE, Please STOP denying yourself and debating with Satan! Destroy them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Explanation:
I KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!

Here is why I should...

"I think, therefor I am."

This is a case of self causality. It is self referential and is a singularity of the self... aka The Observer!

Personal Disclosure: Let there be light!

POOFT! Satan appears.....

Satan: [insert doubt here!] OMFG ??? YAWN!!! Who turned the light on?

OL: Hello SATAN! My shadow self. Good question! ... please entertain yourself with these amusing facts...

Satan: Yeah OK ... but what about Hume?

OL: Hume forgot about open doorways which are the object of which is also the features ... its called a HOLE!

Satan: Oh... I didn't think about that!

OL: That is the 1st thing you have been correct on at all ... because I AM the one who thinked in the 1st place ...you are johnny come lately ... and 2ndly Hume was wrong.... therefor you are incorrect! You need to start focusing on the WHOLE instead of the HOLE's!

Satan: ...... [vanishes into a deep dark hole within the whole!]

OL: Oh Goodness I am myself again! That was too easy!
Next Time I'm doing this same universe on HARD setting ... normal is too weak!
Now where is that reset button? Oh yes there it is ...

Reset Button.

edit on 5-9-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edted to fix title length.

edit on 5-9-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix buggy yvid bbcode.

edit on 5-9-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix buggy emoticon bbcode. :shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I guess you haven't heard: ATS has proof the guy is dead...

www.abovetopsecret.com

CJ

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Explanation: Yeah, I already read about it here ...

Satan: ...... [vanishes into a deep dark hole within the whole!]

Personal Disclosure:
Thanks anyway!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ok if you say so. You'll get no argument from me.
But what about the vid on Hume?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Explanation St*rred!

Personal Disclosure: Fixed! My apologies to all! :shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Descartes was there first. That's what science is missing today: Philosophy...The father of science.

Reminds me, did ya hear the one about Descartes?

Descartes goes into a coffee shop and orders a cuppa. The waitress asks him if he would like a beignet with his cuppa and Descartes says, "I think not." and disappears.

That one goes over good in academia.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"According to Descartes, only humans combine res cogitans (the stuff of consciousness) with res extensa (material stuff). Animals, which he refers to as 'brutes', are nothing more than unconscious machines."iv Accordingly, Descartes' followers had no compunctions about nailing dogs up to boards and cutting them open to see how the parts worked, understanding their cries of pain as nothing more than the wheezing of bellows and the creaking of wheels. Fontenelle, one of Descartes' contemporaries, describes it like this: "They administered beatings to dogs with perfect indifference, and made fun of those who pitied the creatures as if they had felt pain. They said that the animals were clocks; that the cries they emitted when struck, were only the noise of a little spring which had been touched, but that the whole body was without feeling. They nailed poor animals up on boards by their four paws to vivisect them and see the circulation of the blood."
-- Max Velmans

By this logic, the other objects of the universe, including living ones, do not really matter. They lack something that the self possesses. Morality applies to them no more than it applies to a blender, a clock. Suppose I take a soft plastic toy cat and replace its squeaker with a device that when squeezed made a sound just like a cat in mortal agony. When I stamp on it with my boot, I am not really causing suffering, only the appearance of suffering. I haven't done anything immoral (a little twisted, maybe, but not evil). If animals and indeed the entire universe are similarly insensate, bearing only the illusion of feeling, then the same moral license applies to the whole universe. Such is the implacable conclusion of the Galilean banishment of the subjective from the realm of scientific reality.
-- Charles Eisenstein; Max Velmans' quote taken from same source.

Descartes *was* really a great guy, it's true. He's one of the main reasons why I have such warm and fuzzy feelings in my heart towards Atheism, as well. I suspect he's also a real superstar among PETA.
edit on 5-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join