It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball Lightning or UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
On 3 September 2011, around 10:50 P.M., just as my girlfriend and i got back to my home town i saw two orange lights in the sky about a hundred yards in the air and over a hundred yards apart. At first i assumed they were new cell phone towers (two have gone up in the past month, seemingly overnight), but as i kept looking i noticed the lights weren't flashing. The lights then began to pulse slowly and one, the one which appeared closest to me, move towards the other. When the moving light reached the other it pulsed a couple of times and disappeared; the other lingered for a minute and disappeared.

The weather that night was humid. A few miles North from town, in Orillia, a big storm was taking place with lots of lightning. i figure the balls of light were ball lightning, though it's interesting that one moved and the other remained still. Even if it was ball lightning i'm still psyched to have seen it; ball lightning seems to be a rare event, i'm lucky to witness it in person.

Does anyone have any opinions of what it could have been?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Planes....changing direction...once they had turned the lights were no longer visible...which gave the illusion of them disappearing.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yep, Ive seen something up pretty close that was HUGE and had those characteristics. It wasn't storming the night me and three other Boy Scouts saw it. Ours was alone, neat that you saw two.

On full pulse, ours looked like swirling plasma inside. It looked more alive than nuts & bolts. Plasma physics have identified that plasma can exhibit signs of life.

Does that mean life? I think so.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

That's reasonable. It was pretty clear over my town. I did get out of the car at the restaurant to look around. Didn't hear anything, nor did i see any lights moving away or flashing, the way a plane normally flashes. My town is somewhat small. There aren't any airports around. When a plane does go by it's a personal craft, very low flying, and can be heard clearly.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
iv always wanted to see ball lightning and if plasma does show sighns of life then doesnt that me there are animals of pure energy out there some where

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Boswell

Doesnt sound like a plane to me, thing is your chances of seeing ball lightning in the wild is about the same as seeing a UFO
, pretty damn rare.

Ball Lightning I believe does have an orange glow to it in a few sightings ive heard of although there are other colors too. Seeing two at the same time though im not to sure of, but its possible.

Also when you say a few hundred yards up you also mention new cellphone towers which would indicate they where quite a distance from you although you mention no actual distance from you, an angle from the horizon would be better. Also what sort of weather was over the town, cloudy, low cloud? since that would possibly help you to work out better distances and heights.

Sounds interesting, I wouldnt call it planes personally.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The ball that moved must have been a couple hundred yards away. It looked to be closer to the down town area then the other - it was definitely farther. Since it moved and approached the other ball, it was quite close to my car. The ball that remained still was about a hundred yards or less from my car, and it happened to be in the direction i was driving. While i neared the area it was in, i saw that it was somewhat over a restaurant so i turned around and pulled into the parking lot. By the time i actually got to the parking lot it had gone. i was able to watch it disappear.

i mentioned the cell phone towers because two went up over the past month or so that i never noticed for about a week. i thought another couple went up without my noticing and was going to pass it off as lights from towers.

The weather over my town was kind of cloudy. Stars were clearly visible.

All in all, both balls of light were pretty close to my car if you want to consider a hundred yards close. It's weird trying to relate how near and far the lights were. It was like looking at clouds you think are within a stones throw, yet you know they're quite high. i wish i could take you exactly where i parked, walked you about fifty feet into a marshy area just behind the restaurant, and say "now imagine i pulled a 100 yard stick out of my pocket and set it on the ground and where the tip ends, that's where the ball was."

Hopefully that answers your question. i'm sorry if it doesn't.

reply to post by BigfootNZ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Boswell

i was once looking at this one and only cloud in the sky it was at night time
and this cloud was all the colours of all the clouds in one small cloud
for some reason i knew if i kept looking i would see somethink
and i did out the side came this ball of light which fell to the earth
but vanished before it went out of veiw
justb another one of my strange things i have seen

new topics

top topics