It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians now view Americans with pity instead of amazement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I thought about relocating to Canada after Bush got elected (first time) - if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have hesitated.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Ellen15

You can not trounce a country that has a few idiots making war, greatness claim threads. Not all the Americans on this board do that . remember I AM NOT AMERICAN.

I was pretty clear WHO and WHY I referenced

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

One of the very few that actually gets it....same divisive tactics they use with religion,race,politics.Is it me or is there less and less of us everyday...I miss the old days on here were people actually thought about the conspiracy instead of becoming part of it ....star for you

edit on 6-9-2011 by rootlevelaccess because: edit

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I think the only people in the developed world who has ever said another country in the developed world looks on America with envy is Americans.

There are actually other countries which have always been wealthy and always had a high standard of living and have also given the world techology and innovation. The U.S is not and never has been anything speacial in the developed world. The only ones who seem to not know this is the average American.

The "few" Americans who do go to other countries ( 86% don't have a passport) look at the high level of technology and living standard and assume it's all American.

And never bother to enquire before mouthing off which is where the negative opinion from other nationalities comes from.
edit on 6-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
who honistly cares what people think of another country, what is a country in this day in age?? something that devides us all. something that TPTB keep to devide us and make us judge one another.

in all honestly we are all one, all the same and only a made up stupid border devides us all.

we are going to get nowhere as a civilisation if we keep thease borders that devides us, creates war, creates poor, creates super rich.

you will always get people who will say my great great great....... (insert family member here) fought for this country and would be turning in his grave if he heard you saying that......

but imo, people need to stop looking into the past and try recreate it. imo, they fought for a reason for their respective countries. so we wont have to fight again!! they would be happy we moved on in this day of humanity and unite as one, which would end the wars,poor Vs rich, famine,economic slavery/sanctions.....

imo. then and only then, will this tiny little globe in the vast universe, this civilisation(if you would call it that anymore) would unite as ONE, and then we would reach our next level of consciousness.

please just put aside your grudge against another country/race.... and just enjoy life from the positive side of things, i once was like that, i live in Ireland and as many may know some Irish dont like the English and visa versa,. but since iv put aside our differences and realised were all the same, life for me has being a hell of a lot happier, just not having grudge against some people/community/country or whatever make you a lot of a happier person.

i think you should give it a go!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by CLPrime

I agree with you completely. Except for the part where Canadians don't do the same thing.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

To answer your first question:
You always know who is a Canadian in America because they constantly tell you they are from Canada. It's annoying. They always say stuff like, "In canada we do this." or "we don't do that in Canada."
If Canada is so great, why'd they leave?
edit on 5-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

It's easy to spot the difference between a Canadian and American in Australia because Canadians aren't loud. In fact my ex wife who was American was often mistaken for Canadian because she wasn't loud.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rootlevelaccess
reply to post by timidgal

One of the very few that actually gets it....same divisive tactics they use with religion,race,politics.Is it me or is there less and less of us everyday...I miss the old days on here were people actually thought about the conspiracy instead of becoming part of it ....star for you

edit on 6-9-2011 by rootlevelaccess because: edit

Oh it's not just you and I can't figure out yet what's going on. Is it the success of the disinfo agents who seem to be more and more active these days or is it just that everyone, everywhere is so miserable and looking to start a fight instead of putting some thought into sussing out the root cause of any given issue? Either way, it's really disconcerting and I'm just as relieved to hear your concerns as you are to hear mine; at least I know it's not just me...

TG

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Heh.. I don't know about coming to there aid to help them... Go up against the American military...? No thanks..
But I have no problem with them trying to escape and heading further north..

I plan to head farther north when SHTF, all mojor Canadian cities are located really close to the boarder... There is such vast amounts of land north.. It's cold, but hey.. that's quickly changing haha.
edit on 6-9-2011 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Canadian living standards are NOT declining like americans, your global elite are screwing your OWN people in the USA at a rapid pace...

What on earth are you talking about? The global elite are just what their label infers - they're GLOBAL meaning that they're screwing us all equally. Why are you creating this polarization over incorrect semantics?

Its like you are infact working for the TPTB instead of fighting against them lolol

If it was all that good and amazingly brilliant for you, there would be NO threads complaining about the economy, living standards, loss of income, foreclosures, nor all these fearful threads (mainly from americans) doom, gloom, marshall law, fema camps, the collapse of the dollar (which needs to happen IMO) lizards, aliens invasion, chinese invasion, this invasion, that invasion, war and predicting upcoming wars and discussing the MIGHT of american miltary etc etc

Exactly - most of us here in the US feel that we're up # creek without a paddle and that's precisely why we have these threads to discuss our concerns and fears over the power being wielded by TPTB. The majority of us have become disillusioned with our government and are struggling to figure out how to get out of this mess - why would you mock us and say it's like we're working for TPTB when we're the ones bringing these issues to the forefront? There's no deflection here and your comments make no sense!

I'm going to stop with the quoting because this is not a "them against us" debate or at least it shouldn't be. Quite honestly, when I read a thread, I usually don't even look at where the OP or posters reside because I think of this as the community of ATS, a merging of all types of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures who have come together to discuss common issues. If you want to engage in Schadenfreude, at least be a little more tactful about it and don't judge an entire nation of people by the comments of a few posters who may have become incensed by the particular news article included in the OP (the possible reasons for which I explained in my prior post). We should all be patriotic and love our countries; there's nothing wrong with showing pride of your country and heritage but not at the expense of belittling others which is what you yourself have done throughout this entire thread. Who the hell cares about which country is rated #1 or #12 or #25 in this, that or whatever and about what was said in other threads? If you're so insulted by what some Americans have said in other threads, why would you mimic their insulting behavior? We're here now talking about THIS issue. We are all part of ONE WORLD and should be discussing possible solutions to help each other instead of engaging in useless and self-defeating bantering..

I'll end by quoting what scobbyrob said because I agree with his/her comments and think that this more or less sums it up:

post by scoobyrob

who honistly cares what people think of another country, what is a country in this day in age?? something that devides us all. something that TPTB keep to devide us and make us judge one another.

in all honestly we are all one, all the same and only a made up stupid border devides us all.

we are going to get nowhere as a civilisation if we keep thease borders that devides us, creates war, creates poor, creates super rich.

you will always get people who will say my great great great....... (insert family member here) fought for this country and would be turning in his grave if he heard you saying that......

but imo, people need to stop looking into the past and try recreate it. imo, they fought for a reason for their respective countries. so we wont have to fight again!! they would be happy we moved on in this day of humanity and unite as one, which would end the wars,poor Vs rich, famine,economic slavery/sanctions.....

imo. then and only then, will this tiny little globe in the vast universe, this civilisation(if you would call it that anymore) would unite as ONE, and then we would reach our next level of consciousness.

please just put aside your grudge against another country/race.... and just enjoy life from the positive side of things, i once was like that, i live in Ireland and as many may know some Irish dont like the English and visa versa,. but since iv put aside our differences and realised were all the same, life for me has being a hell of a lot happier, just not having grudge against some people/community/country or whatever make you a lot of a happier person.

i think you should give it a go!!

Thanks, scoobyrob. That's solid, sound advice that we should all take to heart!

Timidgal

edit on 9/6/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
US culture is psychopathic in nature, the psychopaths advocate their ways to the lard laced populace,thus destroying the family and moral compass.

It is responsible for the might is right condition in USA.USA shall fall soon,if it does not change its path.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So we support you all the way, pro-constitution Americans. Some of us will even come and help you any way we can once the revolution starts.

Indeed, it's sad that the actions of a few can taint the reputation of the whole, but that is indeed the case with many fellow Canadians. Actually, I just spent a wonderful weekend camping at a lake with a friends family and extended family, some of whom have been living in the US for 30 plus years. To say the least, we had some interesting campfire discussions which would fit right in around some of the threads here.

The same is happening for us back in the great white north. We've either been too complacent, or just absent, as Harper has been accelerating this during his terms. Maybe it started with the utter lack of, and contempt for, transparency. I dunno. But if you enjoy US politics you might consider taking a peek up north, same crap different type of syrup.

Both countries are linked. The US doesn't like to talk about it, but they need us, guess who supplies the majority of US oil? Yup, cannuckistan.

Oh, but it's a two way street you silly hocker lovers, we love to talk about OUR military not being used as puppets and we're peace keepers. Well, not in Afghanistan. But we can pride ourselves on not being part of this Vietnam redeux that is Iraq right? We didn't sign on for that right?

Guess where all that oil from the Alberta tar sands is going? Yup, to the US war machine. The Iraq war would not be possible, at least the US role in it, unless we opened up the tar sands to an epic scale and provided the bulk of the energy to the US at minimal profits for Canada.

What happens if the Obama chokes on a cheetoh, falls off the oval couch, smacks his head off the oval table, then wakes up and ends the Iraq war?

Job loss, for Alberta and the entire Canadian oil industry, on a scale we can't even phathom. That's the next bubble for Canada, the oil boom that requires a war.

We are just as to blame for the decline as the average non involved american.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hey =) Without trying to sound rude... I think the entire world looks onto the Americans with pitty! Beautiful place with many sites to see although some citizens let the entire country down!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
US culture is psychopathic in nature, the psychopaths advocate their ways to the lard laced populace,thus destroying the family and moral compass.

It is responsible for the might is right condition in USA.USA shall fall soon,if it does not change its path.

I wouldn't say psychopathic, but definitely sociopathic. You have Americans running around that do not give a damn about their fellow countryman.

With that said, I am a proud American, and I have been to Canada over the years and I love the people, especially the women. Why fight with our Canadian neighbors?

Hell, we all may end up as one union anyway

god bless ya canada, stay sane. We're all at the mercy of the elites.

edit on 6-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

You always know who is a Canadian in America because they constantly tell you they are from Canada. It's annoying. They always say stuff like, "In canada we do this." or "we don't do that in Canada."

I worked at a museum/tourist bureau for 2 years. I got to meet a lot of American tourists, as well as Americans now living in Canada. And you always know who is an American in Canada because they constantly tell you how things are done in the States. And, yes, it is quite annoying.

Though, on the other hand, there were also plenty of times when the Americans and the Canadians seemed to blend quite well.
We don't all go around saying how much better it is living here. And Americans don't all go around invading other countries. But it's the ones who do who ruin it for everyone else.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm sure Canadians aren't the only one's who pity us.

The average American citizen is raised to be proud of their country and fight for the freedoms that they do have. The problem is, the average American citizen is never told why. We are just told to blindly accept that we are the best without given any specifics. Kind of like how the average preacher tells you to believe in God because the Bible tells you so.

I was in a Kohls department store the other week carrying the stuff my wife was picking out like a good husband
, and just on a whim I started picking up items to look and see where they were made. 90% were NOT made in America. Wal-Mart is the same way. I have to go to Ace Hardware today, but chances are I'll see the same there as I do anywhere else. The things that we use here in the U.S. are not made in the U.S.

60 years ago that wasn't even the case. That was one of the main reasons why the rest of the world looked up to us. We made the things that helped make the world a better place. Now all those things are made in China or Indonesia for pennies on the dollar.

That blind patriotism that we had 60 years ago actually meant something because we actually were a world superpower back then both economically and militarily. Because we have failed miserably on the economic side of the fence though, we're trying to compensate by going around the world flexing our military muscle saying : "Look at us, we're still the best because we can out fight everyone else."

It's a sad day when a countryman pities his/her own country. We American people need to take our country back.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
At least this thread is going much more civilly than the counter thread is going.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrDanielT
At least this thread is going much more civilly than the counter thread is going.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the comic relief. How about a chorus of Blame Canada?

edit on 6-9-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
Hey =) Without trying to sound rude... I think the entire world looks onto the Americans with pitty! Beautiful place with many sites to see although some citizens let the entire country down!

You're saying that the world pities its oppressor?

That's a very cosmopolitan view you present. Unfortunately, I don't think much of the world pities America. It is the brain dead American population that allows the travesty of their government to continue. They are the ones who accept the illusion of fair elections.

I am not afraid to blame the American people just as much as I blame their government. They all want to be superior to each other, to gain individual power through the accumilation of wealth. It is their government that ensures this livelihood through violence on others.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fink420
this doesnt suprise me the US is not that great of country to live in trust im here right now, but its better than most im figuring....but how can Canadians pity us whats so great about Canada??

For one thing we do not carry a lot of debt here, compared to the US our situation is gold.
We don't get caught up in the newest and the greatest are must haves here and if you google personal savings we rank way over you guys.
Please don't take this as crowing as me and the wife here really do feel bad about your situation there right now.
Two and a half times the population of Canada is on Food Stamps (Welfare) this can't end well.
Our banks have never screwed people over with easy mortgages that you cannot possibly pay back.
If anything they tightened the rules so much you better have some decent credit before you even think about asking for a mortgage here.
Hell yes sky high taxes here, but lots of work and lots of non inflated house prices (except British Columbia).
Of about 12 neighbours on our street here that we are close to almost all have paid off their houses and everyone here has a job.
Whats not to like about that?
Still I will add this you guys have got to do some serious evictions there in Washington.
Far too corrupt with the bribes and the military thrown in too.
Wish you all the best.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 7-9-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

S&F to the OP V
edit on 7-9-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join