It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians now view Americans with pity instead of amazement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well when you pity us enough to come liberate us, give us a warning. I'll be one of the first to throw down a maple leafed welcome mat. You need to send more than Micheal J. Fox and The Kids In The Hall, though...

Seriously, though... I'm more concerned for you guys and what we will do to you in the coming years in regards to trade agreements and annexing resources. I hope, for all of our sake, that we don't hold on to your shirt when we fall off the cliff.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ummm... I don't think that this one is too hard to figure out guys when we look at the facts. Those of us here in the US have been totally #'d for a long time by our "political leaders" (gag) & the masses are finally starting to wake up. Our neighbors in Canada are experiencing the enactment of laws that are suspiciously similar to US laws that blatantly stripped us of many of our freedoms (even though they were stripped long before such laws were passed whether we knew it or not). Then we throw into the mix the fear mongering of war or terrorism or some other unreal threat which would give reason to uniting all of us wee citizens under one shared and centralized rule (one step closer to NWO). Not sitting too well with many of us, is it? Any ideas why? Well, it's not because we don't like each other-enough posters have made that clear-it's because WE KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. So now, instead of one possible revolt, they're looking at two possible revolts of neighboring nations capable of physically uniting forces due to our geographic proximity and similar ideologies about our civil liberties, thereby posing a much more formidible threat. Anyone familiar with the military strategy of "Divide & Conquer"?

Divide and Conquer Strategy, also known as “Divide and Rule Strategy” is often applied in the arenas of politics and sociology. In Divide and Conquer Strategy one power breaks another power into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one. It generally takes a very strong power to implement Divide and Conquer Strategy. In order to successfully break up another power or government, the conqueror must have access to strong political, military, and economic machines.

Furthermore, in order to maintain power and influence, large governments will often work to keep smaller powers and governments from uniting. In fact, this use of the principles within the Divide and Conquer Strategy is most common. It is much easier to prevent small powers from linking forces than to break them apart once they have aligned.

Leaders who utilize Divide and Conquer Strategy may encourage or foster feuds between smaller powers.
This kind of political maneuvering requires a great understanding of the peoples who are being manipulated. In order to foster feuds, for example, one must understand the political and social histories of the parties intended to take part in the feuds.

Let's say you & I are the "smaller powers" in this equation. How exactly would they divide and conquer us? Well, there are various principles in the field of psychology which explain how we feel about ourselves (self-concept) and how we feel about others (social attitudes and social cognition) as well as proven methods to artificially manipulate the later and alter social perception of another group (social persuasion). You can read about it HERE.

Now, let's take a look at some of the psychological emotions evoked by some of the buzz words used in this news article; words such as PITY :

While pity is seeming to be a positive, helpful emotion, it is usually seen as derogatory and contemptuous. According to this view, it's based in conscious or unconscious lack of respect to the sufferer's dignity, who is seen as inferior.

Or how about ENVY:

Envy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."

One of the other posters used another appropriate word, SCHADENFREUDE:

Schadenfreude is another evocative German compound word which literally translates into "damage joy," or the secret pleasure one may derive from another person's suffering.

Schadenfreude often has an undercurrent of perverse justice, especially when we perceive the punishment or suffering as deserved by the offense. Basically, if we believe the victim had it coming, it is more acceptable to take a secret joy in his suffering, or to see it as a form of karmic payback. Schadenfreude can take on a much sinister meaning when applied to larger social problems, however. Many racial, social or religious prejudices are reinforced by feelings of schadenfreude.

So to sum up, what better way to Divide & Conquer a formidable threat than by using pre-emptive insidious psychological triggers to incite division? What American wants to be "pitied" or what Canadian wants to be said to be "envious" of Americans? If you ask me, this thread is proof that the psychology works & we better snap out of it folks!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah well in America one thing we still pity Canadians on is their INTERNET service.

I feel for you guys

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There was a time when I looked at the United States of America with amazement. It was a highly respected country - around the world. They led by example.

But they replaced respect with force. Trust with threats. And leadership with aiming at world dictatorship.

Don't get me wrong. I love the American people, always did, always will. But I hate their government and what they've become. And as Canada is the USA's good little brother, we follow. And I hate our government too.

A Government of the people, by the people, for the people no longer exists.

It is now a Government of the elite, by the power, for the money. In BOTH our countries.

I do not envy it or pity it. I hate it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thanks, I guess? Sad part if you guys are too close. That means your next due to the corruption influence of the Western world. Just like people have pointed out, Americans escaping to Canada won't do much(maybe job wise as more Canadians move to American than visa versa), we'd still be too close! Dunno where the amazement came from or even was...why?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by Ghost375

Guess what... Canadians don't want an 'empire' like England and Rome. Both of them failed and the the promise of an American Global Empire doesn't look to rosy right now either. Didn't work for Napolean, Hitler, Alexander the Great and another dozen aspiring world conquerers.

So why would Canadians want that?

As a Canadian, I feel bad about how things are going south of the border. The foreclosures, the unemployment, the failure of Washington to rise above petty partisanship and get to work are a huge burden for a country so far in debt.

Thing is, Canada is not much better off in those departments as is the rest of the 'western democracies' in Europe.

But visions of world domination? Oh, geez... that idea just won't fly in Ottawa.

True, but the division in our countries (outside the US) among the people is not as divided as it seems to be in the USA

We have more of a community spirit, to look after one another, instead of hate, fear, he has more than me, or he has less than me and Im not sharing...Our values seem to be more about humanity, each other, huge difference I think between "them" and the rest of us outside the USA

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

True, but Canadians will always have their healthcare, education and support networks behind them

They might worry about what will face them but they're not going out of their mind wondering if they will be looked after if they are sick, will they get treatment, education, housing etc

Their standard of living is much higher because of this and so many other reasons

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have to be honest here. I do no0t think that Americans will care what Canadian people think.
In all honesty who really cares what Canadians think. Pity? I pity Canadians for be sold a complete BS dream
about their country. Pity? I think Without America next door Canada would have little or no structure to their current lives. From the way their roads and streets are set out to their TV its all American.

As the saying goes:

Canadians could of had American Technology, French Cuisine and English Culture but instead they got French Technology, English Cuisine and American Culture.

Who really needs the pity?
edit on 5-9-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by masqua

Guess what... Canadians don't want an 'empire' like England and Rome. Both of them failed and the the promise of an American Global Empire doesn't look to rosy right now either. Didn't work for Napolean, Hitler, Alexander the Great and another dozen aspiring world conquerers.

So why would Canadians want that?

I think it's a good thing that they aren't like that. I wish every country didn't try to establish an empire and instead we all lived in peace.

What I was trying to say is Canadians act like they are 'that' country. Even though their country was one of the first to be controlled by the Global Elite.

The average American has a great life just like Canadians, better than Canadians. We get all the cool high tech gadgets we could ever dream of. The thing is we're both slaves to the global elite. So what they are pitying us for is hypocritical and they are a victim of it as well.
The OP basically said he's pitying us because we are still putting up a fight against TPTB.

Canadian living standards are NOT declining like americans, your global elite are screwing your OWN people in the USA at a rapid pace... Canada always makes it in the top 10 countries in the world on socio-economic status and living standards, healthcare, access to good education etc etc

You seem to believe there is a ban on cool high tech gadgets in Canada lol

It doesnt seem like you guys are putting up a fight against TPTB, infact it seems whenever these types of threads pop up on ATS americans seem to justify everything, (we are great, we are this ,we have this you dont blah blah blah type of thing.. like WTF? lol)

Its like you are infact working for the TPTB instead of fighting against them lolol

If it was all that good and amazingly brilliant for you, there would be NO threads complaining about the economy, living standards, loss of income, foreclosures, nor all these fearful threads (mainly from americans) doom, gloom, marshall law, fema camps, the collapse of the dollar (which needs to happen IMO) lizards, aliens invasion, chinese invasion, this invasion, that invasion, war and predicting upcoming wars and discussing the MIGHT of american miltary etc etc

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
I have to be honest here. I do no0t think that Americans will care what Canadian people think.
In all honesty who really cares what Canadians think. Pity? I pity Canadians for be sold a complete BS dream
about their country. Pity? I think Without America next door Canada would have little or no structure to their current lives. From the way their roads and streets are set out to their TV its all American.

As the saying goes:

Canadians could of had American Technology, French Cuisine and English Culture but instead they got French Technology, English Cuisine and American Culture.

Who really needs the pity?

If some of you didnt care you wouldnt have the need to respond, not one word, not one letter

All that might, magnificant, brilliance, beacon of light, wealth, status, living standards blah blah blah

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We in Canada have the best beer, eh. When the weather gets cold, We can keep our beer cold outside,and leave the bacon in the fridge.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Perhaps the difference is Americans are more vocal about it. Maybe because Americans outnumber us 10 to 1...maybe because Americans are often louder than we are. Whatever the reason, there is a difference. Canadians tend to point to international polls and say, "Look, they like us...we're number 3." Americans have a habit of saying, "We don't care what anyone thinks of us, we're number 1!"

USA number 1 in debt and war

Canada makes the top 10 countries in health, education, socio-economic, living standards etc etc

USA are the greatest country in the world, every one wants to be american... its all coming out now, not so great after all, so many of you will continue with the illusion, continue to shift the goal post, continue to deflict and not reflect

This attitude "we dont care what anyone thinks of us, we're number1" is laughable, shows your arrogrance and ignorance with so many of you (and yet then you continue to question non americans on this on countless of threads lol and then tell us to kiss your peasant stars and stripes bottoms.... the funniest part is you dont get when you do that and/or say stuff like that, that IS the arrogrance and ignorance which we speak of lololol)

You are number 1 whingers and complainers... and... because of this whinging and complaining are number 1 in complacency

If you were number 1 and a bag of chips to boot, all these american doom and gloom threads, state of economy, state of this, state of that, the fear, the mongering, the war threads, the war competition threads etc etc etc would not be in force dominating ATS board

Maybe these same americans could come up with 100 wonderful threads on USA greatness, and 100 daily threads on USA number 1 factor

The matter of fact....

None of this is exactly 100% true (except for war and debt and complacency)

You are not number 1 in everything
You all know this or wont admit it
Or are stuck within the illusion to believe it to be

But instead, what the rest of us witness daily on ATS is

Countless of threads on ATS dominated by american doom and gloom, fear of everything etc

Understandable really as your culture feeds off this daily, it comes across like its part of you daily diet requirement

USA number 1 on debt, war, complaceny, and fear
edit on 5-9-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

True, Canadians get a lot of American TV shows. We watch that crap like its a commercial, in between Our outstanding Canadian productions.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

I only care when a country spends more on false advertising than it does on its education budget. Im not even American. But I know both countries well. Canada is all hype but no substance. Fabrications of the good life but really no one takes the place seriously. We see Canada as the poor mans America, same ideologies but executed in a more feminine manner. Not that it is a bad thing just misrepresented. Canada is great for a holiday but to live...No not when you have lived where choice reigns free and products are available in abundance.

I think that if Canadians pity Americans its because once again their government has falsely presented American life in a certain view to gain voting points and tourism opportunities.

You only have to read the Metro or Georgia Straight in Vancouver Canada to see the forced views pressed upon its clouded citizens by their government. Communism is more like how the Canadian government works but sells it as prosperous and better than the American way. Its not.

Canada often compares itself to America but America does not compare itself to Canada. I wonder why? Both countries however think they are far superior to the other in many ways, however, no other country's government sits up and listens to the Canadian government one bit. It is as if they are there to supply the world with certain resources and that is all. Even their stock market is not used as a financial measuring stick like the US, the UK Japan and China. Simply not important enough to care about in the greater scheme of things. So their pity is equally ignored.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
As the saying goes:

Canadians could of had American Technology, French Cuisine and English Culture but instead they got French Technology, English Cuisine and American Culture

I'm pretty sure this is the dumbest 'saying' ever. We have all that crap...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I dont see canadians dominating ATS with stupid threads asking why the world hates them?

Demanding other citizens from other countries to tell them what is so great in other countries and then dominating the discussion of their greatness

I dont see canadians making countless war threads discussing their ability to nuke the living $hit out of other countries, declaration of winning

I dont see canadians glorifying war, the spoils the richess

I dont see canadians creating and dominating countless of threads declaring they're the best country in the world and the rest of us can kiss their a$$es

Canadians DO acknowledge what is happening in their own country, point them out, discuss, reflect etc
There seems to be more unity among the Canadian people when it comes to this, you stand together more so than divided .. at least thats how you present yourselves on ATS lol

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Its true. Technology is imported, cuisine consists of bacon as a Canadian Product everything else taken from countries elsewhere, and Culture, there is none in comparison to most other major countries. No castles form 1000 years ago, no roman Colosseum, no Italian artworks of their own, no original world language of their own, no Operatic greatness recognized internationally, no wine that has had generations of Royals and nobility sipping, no space program of its own, no renouned famed literary geniuses like shakespear or Chaucer, no Mozart of their own. But if you call Seal clubbing culture then yes culturally you are rich.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

You can not trounce a country that has a few idiots making war, greatness claim threads. Not all the Americans on this board do that . remember I AM NOT AMERICAN.

And as far as Canadians doing none of this..they have nothing they can brag about bar the Winter Olympics...which is NOT the proper Olympic..like the one London is having next year..the important one.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You think the international bankers don't control your banks as well?
You guys were 100x easier to take over than America ever was. We still put up a fight. You guys just bent over and took it like Canadians.
It's funny. Canadians act like they are the best country on Earth, yet you will never have an empire like Rome, Britain, and now America. They are the biggest supporter of the North American Union, giving up the rest of the sovereignty you haven't already.
Canadians live in a bigger dreamworld than Americans live in.

At least we fought too, in the end we wound up the same. As far as being an empire...well, we all know that every empire has fallen and the American one is slowly circling the drain. Sorry you have your eyes wide shut.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

How is your German NASA, freedom fries, and English culture any different? You just have a different government system than us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join