It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Debunked (video and commentary)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This was taken from my (Chris White's) radio show. I was discussing the Elenin thing.
Mostly I was looking at the idea of the alignments and the earthquakes from the unpublished paper of Mensur Omerbashich and showing that not only are his alignments arbitrary and self serving they are irrelivant based on a combination of his criteria, and the abundance of earthquakes every day and every year. In other words you can get the same results from throwing a dart at a calander and calling it an alignment.

It also discusses the literal impossibility of Elenin being a brown dwarf star, and why the conspiracy world picked up on the idea, starting with "nemisis"

Here are some of the links mentioned.
Comet Elenin is NOT a satellite of a Brown Dwarf Star
astroblogger.blogspot.com...
Revisiting Comet 2010 X1 Elenin, Earthquakes, Astronomical Alignments and Mensur Omerbashichastroblogger.blogspot.com... From Super Moons to Comet Elenin – we will NOT get killer earthquakes from the sky
astroblogger.blogspot.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.2012hoax.org...
Mensur Omerbashich – RationalWiki
rationalwiki.org...
Comet Elenin Cause Of Earthquakes?
www.bautforum.com...
www.bautforum.com...
What happens if we replace comet Elenin with a brown dwarf? (a model) By SpaceObs.org

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am having a strange case of dejavu

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Same here.. I just saw this but do not see it in the recent forum...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thank you for publishing your results in the form of a YouTube video; it seems to add credibility in certain quarters!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Patronizing people is hardly productive, even though it rings of truth. Just the fact that people are doing some research vs watching mindless TV is a positive thing I think. Discernment comes later.

When corruption in a system like our runs so deep and widespread, it becomes difficult to know who and what to trust.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Except this debunking is entirely invalid for anyone that did any serious amount of research, since only the worst researched claim elenin might be a brown dwarf star. Nibiru is what might be the brown dwarf star, and this one, if you do your research, is following elenin. Which means if elenin cause an alignment, pretty soon nibiru will cause the same alignment.

Also, you do not really touch on the theory what elenin really is/might be, which is a spaceship or an artificial kind of beacon, a warning flare if you will, to show the location of the nibiru, as a forewarning, planted by the ancients/alien race. Which ties in with alot of the ancient legends and writings, such as the hopi (blue star kachyna and red star kachyna), summerians, etc.

Also, what about if nibiru/nemesis/our binary star/whatever is actually a black hole? you really think we would see it?

Also you do not touch on the aspect that if it was true, say that it was a brown dwarf star that they actually have seen and know about(only the govt would have the ability to find this), what would happen if they announced it? Probably nothing the government would like, thats for sure. Just spend a minute and think about this.

And these are just some things. How about the bunker buildings(5000 in moscow alone, tons in usa over the last few years, denver airport etc), the fact that obama is in denver on the 27th, the fact that most stars need to be anchored by a binary otherwise they would slowly drift into the vastness of space, not longer any part of a galaxy.

Oh man i got so much for you, this is only touching it. This is either the greatest conspiracy ever conceived, to be hoaxed, OR it is true.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Have you seen this link Re Nibiru?

sitchiniswrong.com...

This one on Nibiru.
www.sitchiniswrong.com...
edit on 5-9-2011 by Amenti because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Give it 53 more days and we will see who is right and who is wrong...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Nice work. However, like most other threads founded in rational skepticism I fear this thread will soon be buried by various other threads claiming things like "100% Proof World Will End On Oct. 28th" and inevitably be ignored by those who most need to see it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The only place where it is claimed that Nibiru is following Elenin is in that ridiculous paper where gravity doesn't exist. The same paper that in two pages had so many mistakes that I was able to fill a 5,000 character post highlighting only some of them. As for the spaceship theory that comes exclusively from Richard Hoagland. As was demonstrated in one of my threads (that got ignored by most ELE-tards) Hoagland's claims are based entirely on spurious math and ignorance of astronomy. For someone who seems to think so highly of his own astronomy abilities you'd think he would know that 1.) Elenin is not the first hyperbolic comet; and 2.)Elenin does not have a hyperbolic orbit.

Then, of course, you bring up the "ancients." It might interest you to know that the Hopi do not have a Blue Star Kachina prophecy. There are a few different sources. First was a white minister. Second, was a white researcher. Third, was a "Hopi-Apache". I use quote because he was neither of these things. No Hopi has ever come forward to state this prophecy and in fact the Hopi released a press release where they state that non-Hopi have no authority to speak on Hopi matters and that most of these people seem to merely be trying to cash in on the name. The Hopi are very private people and would never share such a prophecy with outsiders. As for the Sumerians they never mention nibiru anywhere in their writings. The first instance we have of the word is in Akkadian and it doesn't even refer to anything astronomical. Sitchin's entire basis for its existence is Cylinder Seal VA 243 which depicts a man pledging fealty to another man and there are stars in the sky. That's it. What Sitchin claims as the solar system bears no resemblance to any other Sumerian depiction of the solar system. It does not contain any of the symbols we know the Sumerians used for the planets. In fact the only symbols used in Sitchin's "solar system" are those that represent stars.

As for your astronomical claims, they are riddled with inaccuracies. A black hole 8 AU away would be having significant effects on the solar system. Such effects would include its complete and utter destruction as it is being sucked into the black hole. As for a brown dwarf, if it were 8 AU away it would not only be affecting the orbits of the planets, it would be quite visible. As I have already mentioned to you before, a brown dwarf has a similar albedo to Jupiter. Jupiter is plenty visible, so a larger object would be even more visible.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

You forgot to take into consideration that facts don't matter one iota to people who believe that Elenin is going to kill us all, or that Nibiru actually exists, despite no evidence backs up that notion.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Im just glad this one has an expiration date.

Although Im sure it will be like "well Elenin DID come, it just wasnt as big of a deal as we thought"
"

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe you should change the thread title?

I mean "Comet Elenin debunked" makes it sound like you debunked the fact that it's a comet. What next, "planet Earth debunked - doesn't actually exist"?

Youtube videos won't do much good anyway, whether you believe one theory or not, once you have that belief there's no chance your mind will change so why exactly do people argue so much about the exact same things only to get nowhere?

If people wanna believe Elenin is something else, let them, just keep your damn mouth shut for once and when it passes and it isn't what some people thought it would be, again, keep your mouth shut while people shift to something else instead.

Never understood why the pro debunkers insist on arguing with the believers time after time after time. It gets old fast. Just ignore it and it'll go away. It'd be like me tuning into a show I hate (for example, Friends) purely to complain about how poor and unfunny it is. Why waste your time and effort?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Never understood why the pro debunkers insist on arguing with the believers time after time after time. It gets old fast. Just ignore it and it'll go away. It'd be like me tuning into a show I hate (for example, Friends) purely to complain about how poor and unfunny it is. Why waste your time and effort?

Can you not see the obvious? They get paid for it.
Why would they otherwise be on a conspiracy forum all days long, spending hours debunking everything, not believing in anything themselves?

It is getting pretty obvious though, since they rarely bother with the "real crazy threads", instead mostly those that are important to the government to slience.

Not everyone get paid for it of course, but since some people are not intelligent enough to see the connections and form theories themselves, they instead take pride in searching for facts to shoot other people down. For these people, it is pride and a sence of self worth.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Can you not see the obvious? They get paid for it.
Why would they otherwise be on a conspiracy forum all days long, spending hours debunking everything, not believing in anything themselves?

Funny... I've always wondered why some people spend all day here posting crazy nonsense. Perhaps they get paid for it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Sorry to ask this favor, but I didn't get my check this month. It seems like you're pretty well connected with the government since you know who does and does not work for them on an anonymous forum. Do you think you could make sure they send that to me ASAP? I need to make sure I can make my final payment that ensures my place in one of the DUMBs before September 25th.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My response to a critique of this post on facebook:

Earthquakes are increasing, they have been steadily for at least the 4-5 years, I have been watching with interest. But the argument that it is because of these "alignments" is a classic argument of correlation. I actually looked up the term "arguments from correlation", and the website I found offered an example about earthquakes lol

"Earthquakes in the Andes were correlated with the closest approaches of the planet Uranus. Therefore, Uranus must have caused them.

When sales of hot chocolate go up, street crime drops. Does this correlation mean that hot chocolate prevents crime ? No, it means that fewer people are on the streets when the weather is cold.

The bigger a child's shoe size, the better the child's handwriting. Does having big feet make it easier to write ? No, it means the child is older. "

You get the point.

The main thing is that if any of this were true the last worry you should have right now is earthquakes, because if a super massive object was where Elenin is right now, the earth would be spinning out of contro!!!! Our 365 day calendars will all be obsolete, and have to be replaced with something like 1023 day calenders. www.youtube.com...

To me this is the biggest way to know that everyone is wrong, I.E that its physically impossible. Any attempt to refute this ends up refuting the orignial premise that alignments are causeing gravitational problems. (thank you 2012 theories)

About the girl in the video. [referring the the viral video where the person "predicted the Japan quake] First of all she starts out by claiming that the small degree pole shift that Michio was talking about, CAUSED the earthquake in Chile!!! That should tell you a little about her understanding of whats going on here, that is not much. The earthquake caused the pole shift, but if its the other way around!

The bottom line the alignments are basically eyeballing it, they are not actually matches
She's actually off by ~5 days. Taking into account that the Sun/Elenin angle changes by over 1 degree per day, she's also off by ~6 degrees. I mean, if there was indeed a magic angle, the earthquake would happen at 170 degrees, not at 176.

Rephrasing to proper terminology, her claim is that there is a magic angle between comet Elenin and the Sun which causes earthquakes. Let's use the ephemeris calculation software to calculate the Sun-Elenin angle for some dates of interest. First the Chile quake (2010/2/17):

2010/2/16 12:00:00 168:48:08.6
2010/2/17 12:00:00 169:56:44.5
2010/2/18 12:00:00 171:05:21.1

So the magic angle seems to be 170 deg. or thereabouts. Okay, let's now look at March 2011:

2011/3/1 12:00:00 163:01:07.0
2011/3/2 12:00:00 164:16:37.0
2011/3/3 12:00:00 165:32:23.6
2011/3/4 12:00:00 166:48:25.5
2011/3/5 12:00:00 168:04:41.1
2011/3/6 12:00:00 169:21:07.9

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti

Look man believe what you want to believe about this. Its a free country...at least for a little while longer.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Amenti because: (no reason given)

You entire argument is invalid because they earthqueakes are not caused by elenins alignment. But by nibirus. Nibiru is the brown dwarf/black hole/ planet 3-4x times the size of jupiter followin elenins wake, some distance and degrees away. This one only the govt can see. And they are keeping quiet on it, for obvius reasons. look it up. and think about it.

top topics

join