It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes change color with emotion.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

I know what you mean I've had something like that too, but they where purple. On my first day of 1st grade I was really nervous. Then whle my mom was fixing my hair i saw my eyes turn purple. My eye color is brown though. I went to school with purple eyes and then after school it was brown again. It really scared me but then again it was really cool. It never came back again. I miss it...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

this is verry normal to me, my eyes do the same only they change constantly depending on the clothes i wear, or my mood, and even the weather. its confuseing but i got used to it. you will to in time.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
my eyes are brown, but sometimes they turn yellow, sometimes red, sometimes greenish.

i dont know why though.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

My eyes are blue, green, grey and golden around the pupil

Depending on the weather or emotional state, one or a blend of the colors seems to become more predominant.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor

New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. A team at the University of Copenhagen have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye colour of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today.

What is the genetic mutation

“Originally, we all had brown eyes”, said Professor Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. “But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a “switch”, which literally “turned off” the ability to produce brown eyes”. The OCA2 gene codes for the so-called P protein, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives colour to our hair, eyes and skin. The “switch”, which is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 does not, however, turn off the gene entirely, but rather limits its action to reducing the production of melanin in the iris – effectively “diluting” brown eyes to blue. The switch’s effect on OCA2 is very specific therefore. If the OCA2 gene had been completely destroyed or turned off, human beings would be without melanin in their hair, eyes or skin colour – a condition known as albinism.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ooooooooooh what interesting topic ......for me always the eyes of a person a the most important to me ....before I take a closer look at the face ...I take a deeper look into the eyes....the eyes are the gate to the soul so yes of course you see in there every feeling and emotional happening : ) ( what means even changing blood pressure) yes and of course even the colour our clothes have make a difference cos this colours even can change our mood
thank you all for sharing your thoughts about this beautiful topic

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have the same thing. It's fun. My eyes were blue when I was born and now they are sometimes blue and sometimes green. Sometimes hazel. They change depending on how sunny it is if I'm indoors only taking in tungsten or fluorescent light. If I get pissed off they turn brighter and my pupils shrink and I they change colors. I love having it. I feel bad for people with brown eyes as they never get to experience all the different colors changes we do.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My husband has the magical changing eye color thing goin a lot of the time. He normally has hazel eyes but Ive seen them go blue and go green. I often wonder if it's because of his mood, but I could totally see how his blood pressure could affect them. It's still pretty cool though to look in his eyes and not know what color they are going to be.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I too have eyes that change colors. I was actually just searching on eyes that change colors because there was a study done that apparently showed that all people with blue eyes where apparently linked. So I was just curious as to what was said about those who have eyes that change.

Up until 12 or 13 my eyes where always blue and then out of no where they started to change. My eyes will sometimes be blue, sometimes green, other times they might be gray or hazel. Apparently what I have found is alot of people who feel that this is not normal and that people such as I should seek an eye doctor. Now since I have gone to the eye doctor every year since I was in 6th grade I can pretty much say that the color changing has nothing to do with something serious. As for when my eyes colors change it really depends. Sometimes they will change based on what I am wearing but most of the time its based on how I am feeling. It my own personal moon ring.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It may be a bit odd..but mine also change not just on mood or the colors I'm wearing.

I'll be sitting around with no shirt on playing the 360 or something, and next thing you know my eyes have taken on a different shade of blue , green , or brown..not to mention being hazel at some points and grey when I'm upset.

I'm 17 years old and I is confused.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
dont know if its relevant but I was once talking to someone I'd never met before (and had got talking to them 'randomly' through a series of uncanny events etc) when suddenly thier eyes glowed red like you see on the old vampire films....all the usual coloured bits were glowing red, bright red and I did crap myself at this point cos I htought '' I'm talking to the bloody devil'' but I carried on as though normal and soon as I could I made my excuses and left. This person was trying to talk me into something that I had the gut instinct I'd have been lucky to walk away from in one piece had I been stupid and gone with them etc.
It was realy odd...they really glowed red at one point.
I've heard certain drugs can cause that...but why for only 1 min or so...I dont know this person was on drugs, it was late morning in a busy town centre and bright daylight etc.
Are there any physiological reasons why all of a sudden these eyes should have glowed red.he was being very polite and very friendly and this wasnt something I sensed until I saw the red eyes....things seemed to change a bit then, my percepetion for a few secs etc.
They really glowed but they were his eyes, it wasnt my eyes being funny of the light reflecting of something on his causing them etc.....
I have wondered if this was some kind of my onw mind interpreting danger from this person and making sure I saw this in a way that would affect me etc....but I've gotta say the circumstances which led up to the random meeting were odd to say the least.

has anone ever seen this?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

My eyes r hazel(y) normally but darken in a bad mood and lighten in a good mood... GO bright green when im upset and blue in the sun likeo n holiday etc have photos to prove it, its not huge changes just somethin subtle and u have to look to notice. Dont know why or if there is a name for it, would b interesting to find out though.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

ok i've experienced this too but never noticed here's the story.

One day we were outside and it's very cold here and me and my freinds were hanging out when my other freind came up to us and started talking she was talkin all about twilight and when she looked at me and stopped she said "Don't you have golden brown eyes?" i said "yeah, why?" she said "cuz, today they are really dark, black almost and it's like a vampire!" she hugged me then told her freinds.... but ive realize that my eyes shift from golden brown to dark on a regular basis when im sad angry or when it's cold + emotions but thing is they havent gone back to my original colour since like 3, 4 months ago which was summer and im pretty much happy...

Is there something wrong with me?

Help me stop getting harassed by girls thinking i'm a vampire being scared when my eyes are dark even my gf is staying away a bit... plz help!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

My eyes are normally blueish grey too and when i just get mad they turn green and when i wake up in the morning there a really really bright blue/torquise ive always wondered why

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Me and my daughter have hazel eyes that turn green sometimes.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i have hazel eyes,and i have a golden ring around my pupils,but i would sometimes ask my friends what color my eyes were,and once they said 'blue' which i think they meant my normal hazel,maybe not,and another time they said 'green'.now,i don't know if it's just me,but i think those colors r different?lol.but my eyes would be blue for a few days,then green,and it happened on and off,and i rarely changed my moods,but both of my parents eyes do that too,so there's the possibility that it could be genetic if your like me and rarely have any noticable mood changes.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think it has to do with the lighting of wherever you are too.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

I know nothing of thsi topic but,My eyes are usually green but when i am pissed of royally they turn yellow

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My eyes are blue. All my life, when I get upset they change to a very bright green.

Its kinda neat.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

ahh yay! i thought i was nuts...i have noticed that when i get angry or upset and cry my eyes get a bright green color, its very easy to see because i have grey eyes
i figured it was associated with blood pressure

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join