It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes change color with emotion.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
o, this is just what i was looking for lol

i've always wondered why my eyes change colors. as i've grown older, they seem to change with my emotions.
Normally, my eyes are a warm brown color, but when i get really angry they become really dark (according to my friends they look black unless you look closely).
When im really happy about something, they turn a dark, almost emerald green. And when im sad, they shift to a dark blue.

I still dont exactly understand why they do this, but i enjoy it lol
. The one problem is that when i am trying to hide my emotions from my friends, my eyes give me away and my friends can tell how i really feel.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
uhm, yeah , dude, its just a movie, you're not the hulk,
well there goes 5 minutes of my life i'll never get back.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
uhm, yeah , dude, its just a movie, you're not the hulk,
well there goes 5 minutes of my life i'll never get back.

Wow, thank you for giving the startling realization that I am no the Incredible Hulk, and only THREE YEARS after my initial post!

Anyway, it appears to happen to a number of people, and there is an actual medical explanation behind it. But I'm glad I'm not a monster/super hero...what a load off of my chest!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
my eyes change colour all the time, but the light mainly affects them.
some times they can go completly white if the sun shines on them.
ive even stood by a light talking to people and both eyes have changed colour in front of those people, one went electric blue and the other went a sort of purple.
one guy even called me a witch for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think lighter colored eyes are very prone to color changing. My daughter has lovely gray-blue eyes that change according to what she is wearing. In the right top she has eyes like Liz Taylor. When she was born she had white hair and cobalt blue eyes. They were so dark blue that I figured they would be a dark color ( I have dark hair and eyes), but hers lightened up a lot before she turned 1.

When I was in high school one of my friends got a little scared after I got mad at her. I didnt think I was so scary, but she told me my eyes turned green at the time I got angry. That was a big surprise. I really didnt think brown eyes changed. I noticed though that mine get lighter or darker according to my hair color. I like to change it a lot, and I see in my pics that there is a big difference in the shade of brown.

My sister had brown eyes like mine until she got to be an adult, and they turned a light amber color. I love her eyes. OK- that is enough family tree time or me

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well I seem to have the same condition. Normally I have green eyes but when I get realy realy pissed off (I mean to the point of not really caring about anything I do or say) my eyes start to turn umm blue...

Alot of my friends know that I am a very very patient man and generaly pissing me off is reserved to those that realy try hard but if somebody sees my eyes turn blue its time to get the hell out of my way .

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure it's just a blood pressure thing. All that blood in your face does something to make the color of your eyes look different.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Happens to me too, depending on clothes and sun light, my eyes range from bright green to light grey blue. Mostly green, but sometimes people say to me, hey your eyes have changed to blue I thought they were green, then they say the opposite another time lol.

Edit: I just realised I have already posted on this thread in the past lol

[edit on 25-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
From the posts and common sense people with lighter eye colors are more apt to see a difference in colors. Although I have light brown eyes which sometimes turn to dark green. My mom has brown eyes so I don't know if hers change color but my dad has green eyes and they do indeed 'look' lighter or darker with respective clothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

My eyes do change color also, I have hazel eyes with gold around the pupil. If I am infuriated, they turn very light gray, if I am very content they are very green. If I have a spiritual moment they are blue, I didn't realize all of this until my girl started telling me about it. I won't go into details but we were having a heated discussion at a cafe, and when I had the thought of violently assaulting her she got a ghostly pale expression, and asked me what I was thinking about... I didn't tell her. She was scared though, it's hard to make a Puerto Rican turn pale! I don't hit women by the way... unless they hit me first of course!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've been trying to document something like this but haven't been able to correctly capture it on camera.

My eyes are a dull grey, when I was younger they were a bright blue. Its interesting as my 1 year old niece, her eyes look like gems, like full of purple, blues etc.. very interesting.

Anyways.. there has been maybe.. 3 times where i have gone through the most joyous occasions of my life, and in each of those times, my eyes turned from green-grey to a light blue.

I'll tell you this, when I meditate deeply.. the colour in my eyes goes from being just flat and coloured.. to translucent and sparkly like a gem. You know that little white dot reflecting off your pupils? When I do a meditation to increase my energy, that dot seems to be brighter, or there is another one of them, i'll just say more light appears to be reflecting off (or comming from?) my eyes.

As well, ha... ok, now this is my favourite one because it's the only one that when I look in the mirror I kind of startle myself. If you learn to concentrate deeply, like in a meditative state... try focusing on an object, like a coin, and no other object... try moving it with your mind or something, just focus on it, for like an hour. Go look in the mirror.. your pupils look like they are blacker then black.. like pits...voids.. and they are crisp.. but they are...DEEEEP..

As well I've noticed the edge of the coloured part (cornea?)... sometimes they are crisp and dark.. and I find in the less concentrated...less aware.. state, that my pupil isn't crisp.. but rather kind of fades in from the rest of the eye.

When I am in a loving mood from meditations, my eyes appear to be wet, and i just percieve them as warm feeling. I mean, the same goes for all emotions.. I believe I can see when someone is energized, sad..ignorant etc.. stressed. Stress is one I can't explain, I think it's more subliminal.. like it appears irratic and imbalanced.

I won't get too much into the whole light, energy, magnetics.. so i'll just leave it at that.

I also won't mention how I believe you can percieve "soul experience" or soul age, whatever you want to call it. I'll just the most childish people, or confused people I meet, their eyes have no depth, its like they are robots, its like their eyes are just painted on, just flat colour.

Anyways, i won't touch that one though.

Eyes deffinately do stuff man. Why is it that when we look at people we look at the face/eye region? I see an attractive woman walking down the street, she doesn't see me but why do I stare at the eyes? Its magnetic man.

How often do you catch people staring at you? Do you notice your vision pans around, yet.. it SNAPS directly in a direction where you meet eyes with someone? I like to play games with people with this. A test of awareness we'll call it. If you're staring at me though, I'll know.

This is an interesting topic i've been meaning to discuss but I was hoping I could have better pictures to show what i've learned.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
by the way. One day I told myself I would never be angry again, like ANGRY ANGRY... (i'm impossible to anger now, that meditation for that though).. but there was a time where I could get pretty angry just like we all do. One day at work I was this angry... I stared at my reflection in the mirror, and it was terrible. My eyes radiated hate, and they were dark and without light. Intense and dull. About 5 minutes after that I managed to force myself to be happy, because that was just awful.

I don't think most people realise the vibe they put out there. They think when they get mad that its all in their closed off shell and it doesn't affect anyone.

I won't tell you my stories of getting my energy drained! I almost jumped off the bus a few times, it was terrible.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't be to worried. My eyes are typically a light blue, but when I get really angry they turn into an intense dark blue and when I am very sad they look very bright. So I don't think there is anything to worry about. Now if your blue eyes turned dark brown then yeah freak out, but if they are appearing to just be a different shade of you normal color than just let it go.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My eyes change alot, I have had blue for years, but they will change to green if I'm extremly happy, and I've even had a ring of red around them when I see someone I hate or I'm really mad.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I had no idea that this happened to so many people... i didn't think that i was the only one but still you got a great turnout good post OP.

My eyes have always changed as far as i know mom said she's seen it and so has my girlfriend. Normally there like a blue green kinda color but they change depending on how i feel or how the people a round me feel... its gotten to the point where my girlfriend can tell when im mad or upset or something by the color of my eyes. when im really happy the a bright green with gold specks in em but when im get pissed they turn a weird looking cold dull steal grey its kinda freaky lookin.

but it good to know theres others out there great thread

peace

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have a slightly different take/story on the eye color changing stuff. I myself have different colored eyes. Normally one is blue, the other is green. What makes things more drastic is my eyes do change due to seasons and moods... ive seen my blue eye go BRIGHT blue, while my green eye goes dark to almost Hazel in color.

I dont know if its due to specific situations or not, but the only pattern ive really seen is the seasons which very well could just have to do with the brighter light and heat during summer time... don't know if its paranormal but I know a lot of people are weirded out when they see i have differently colored eyes.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've noticed my eyes change color as well. When I was little they were light blue and I had platinum blonde hair until I was 8. My hair gradually got darker but not much. My eyes though are very unique (so I'm told) They have a flower pattern to them. The inside around the pupil is yellow and fades into a darker color ranging from grey to blue to green and sometimes entirely yellow. Black/dark blue "lines" look like outlines of flower petals and have a white/yellow shading around them. One eye is always lighter than the other and has a white dot in the center of it. When I'm incredibly upset they have a dull look and when I'm happy they are very bright almost turquoise. When I'm neutral they are multicolored. After crying I've noticed they change to almost lime green, but when I'm very angry and frustrated they are almost emerald green. I've learned how to manipulate the color appearance using various mascaras liners and eye shadows. I'm only 15 so maybe they're still changing, but I hope they stay this way.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

yea it happens to me too except my eyes turn red
i dont know what it is but i think its awesome

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

Yeah I have green eyes and when I get mad they go bright green. People always comment 'wow your eyes are really green' when I'm mad. My guess is that when you're angry your brain releases a chemical which causes your eyes to go green maybe as a side effect.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Glad I stumbled onto this thread. My two cents says its an blood pressure/emotional issue. Mine are so wacky that I have two sets of contacts. One for when my eyes are green and the other for when they are blue.

My wife says I'm a good boy when they are blue and a bad boy when green. Just looked in the mirror.....looks like bad boy today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join