It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another lurker coming out of the darkness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Warning: Rant-like-off-topic-wall-of-text introduction approaching.

Hello everybody. I really appreciate the amount of interest in such a broad array of topics around here. There's so much general information that seems to be buried by the public eye so to speak (lol, illuminati?). Maybe people just forget. Maybe ignorance really is bliss. But i would rather know about all of the shady things that have happened in the past and are still happening than to rather not know at all, keep my head down, and go along with my daily routines.

I've come here to learn. In all respects, I want to change the world for the better. I don't really know how much I believe in myself. I believe in the power of the individual, and when I see things as they are in the modern world..It makes me...Want to lose hope for the human race. But the community here...I enjoy that you people are seeking knowledge and want to know the truth, who question the norm, who ask why. My whole life I've always seemed to ask why to a lot of things, and it's always seemed to piss people off. I almost got kicked out of my house for talking "politics" with my family. Basically i kept asking: Why are we killing innocent people? That's where all our money is going. Why do you support this? And they basically told me..We just want to live in a happy, peaceful house, and not think about things like wars. I then thought, i'll keep my opinion to myself, but what my own mother just told me pretty much sums up the general feeling of most of America, or maybe even the world.

Now a little about America: I understand why it's the most hated country in the world. I understand why most people think americans are fat, lazy, and ignorant, because a lot of them are. There's a lot of things I hate about this country, and the way it's ruled. I'm starting to believe that maybe I do live in a fascist state, but I know i've got it better than a lot of people do right now, or did in the past, so I try not to take that for granted. I'm an American at heart and I will never give up on this country. If it goes down burning, I will go down with it. I believe the American people can rise above our "owners" and become a beautiful nation once again. Atleast sometimes I believe that...

In this world, it's easy for me to feel hopeless about the outcomes of the future. Why do we live in a world where people dont want to address the problems and issues that are facing us right now? Maybe people really are starting to wake up...But I dont know. It seems to be such a miniscule chunk of the population. It seems like most of the people just want to blindly give all the power to governments so they dont have to be the ones responsible, and point the fingers at the politicians, hoping that this new wave will just fix every problem. Oh how I wish there was a different system for politics, economics and the like. But things are the way they are for now, and I suppose I will have to live with it.

The only thing that I really believes empowers me is my guitar. I believe this is my biggest hope for bringing change to people's lives in a positive way: Music. These are the only talents I'm really proud of, and one day I hope to be like one of the greats like John Lennon. I dont want it to be cool. I dont want it to spew my opinions off like some know-it-all jackass. I dont want it for the chicks. I dont want it for the money. I just want to make wonderful music, and I want it to make people feel inspired the same way music makes me feel when i listen to it. I want to open up peoples minds. I want to connect with people on a whole different level. I feel like this is my calling, as I'm not a very good talker in real life, and on the internet, I always seem to get labeled as a troll...So let's hope that doesn't happen here, because I aint here to start a ruckus.

So for all of you who have made it thus far, I'd like to thank you for reading, and thank you for being awesome and educating yourselves for the better. Thank you thinkers, debunkers, speculators, fearmongers, peacemongers (we need more of these), disinfo agents (i keep thinking that this place is free of those unpure, how naive of me
), trolls, and knowledge-seekers alike, thank you all for sharing your information. Thank you for bringing me all this good information and I will continue to inform myself in the darkness. Have a good one...

-Littlefinch

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If you wish to take a guided tour of Heaven and Hell, please feel free to contact me or Alternatively kill yourself,lol
Enjoy your stay on earth, however small. *evil grin*

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 5-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: Double post

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Oh I forgot to add:

When I almost got kicked out of the house for my talking of wars and such, I then got bashed with "You get your info from crazy-conspiracy websites!." Now I try to get my information from as many sources as I can, to see the different spins and such, but I guess they were referring to this website as one of those crazy conspiracy websites. So if i'm labeled crazy, or a conspiracy theorist for going here, well I dont mind at all. %*@% the haters!
Keep up the good work people

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
welcome!! hope to see you in many different forums! even if it is just to troll :p

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

Dont tempt me, Satan! I'd rather get killed off for my beliefs than kill myself..But I will try to enjoy this speck of life I have been given, and so should you oh evil one.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by littlefinch

Hi littlefinch, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

top topics

join