It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Day - Release of Dead Island!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I agree you should take damage if you are dumb/desperate enough to use a move that will heal you in the thick of combat.

get some cova! :p

now this isn't a big deal for me but I found it funny...

DERP ARMS

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
btw there is no water physics it doesn't move

now before you say i am spoiled

QUAKE HAD IT!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Oh man and I thought the running arms animations in stalker were bad. Then again I could get this game and entertain myself for hours just by watching my shadow punch. Hilarious.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Patch broke internet co op for me....

=/

I really wanna like the game...I like smackin around zombies

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

That is so funny and sad at the same time, How hard can it be to give the Characters some realistic arm movements, at a couple of points it looks like he's dislocated his shoulder.

Hopefully a patch could help this.

Everyone has the right to Derp Arms.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Dead Rising was never perfect, but I loved that, I love the zombie genre all together.
I do like the look of this regardless of voice acting and derp arms.

The main question I have to the guy's who have it, is there more "Swarmage" than what is shown in the vid?

I wanna be surrounded with a samurai in hand.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
ok, epic moment from night 1 of proper gaming (now that the UK got it, the "team" played

girl in our group was feeling haughty. got totally b--chslapped and flew into a empty pool full of corpses
except they weren't corpses..the second she landed, they all started getting up, surrounding her. dude 1 jumps in to help out, but his weapon is all but dead, takes a smack and voila...gone. so he is there with fisticuffs with 5 zombies, girl is starting to get up, and dude 2 is dealing with a zombie in a cabana.

I of course am standing on the sideline sipping on a energy drink and simply being amused at the show.

Dude 1 does die...he got hammered and I think had a technical issue along with that.

Was fun to watch.

The game has potential, but it is far better to play with a couple friends than go it alone...gets repetitive if your alone...go do things for other people, errand boy sort of thing (like oblivion with zombies)..so ya, best enjoyed with other friends

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Gonna get it in the morning.
Trade some old games in for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I did get it and traded five game towards it (got 10 pound).
Where to begin?
Firstly I noticed it's complete similarity to Borderlands, but it's like they've done Borderlands better than Borderlands. I found BL such a tedious choring game. But even though this is virtually the same thing, I think the environment and circumstances provide better more for this style of game, I've got reason to jus trun past all the enemies that I could beat. In Borderlands I found running past everything quite wastefull of the game.

Here it's all about survival and it provides so much more tension than Borderlands ever could, I do wonder how BL2 will be though. Nah I hot so bored on the first.

Day1: I put 10 hours onto Sam B and 4 onto Purna.
Day2: Sam B up to 18 hours.

I am lovingly hooked on this game.

If only they could sort the game lobby system.
The only reason I started with Purna is purely for multiplayer, but haven't got into 1 game.

Sam B is my single palyer man so other people can't spoil the story by running and doing my objectives without me knowing whats happened. That really annoys me, which is why I have an SP character.

It is very buggy, I've come across invisible boxes to make the Help Sign (i couldn't see them but could pick them up), getting stuck in walls and I lost 5 weapons when I took them back off Jin, but even with those and countless more bugs I love it.

I will be playing this for a long time to come.

Also loving the Ripper Mod, anyone else get SE: version? I have only used it on a baseball bat and was dissapointed I could put it on my metal Baseball bat, I think I put Weighted Mod on it.

So many Mods I haven't used yet, like Shark Mod?

Edit to add: I love breaking the arms of thugs then watch them flapping around, so lol worthy.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to the game, but I rarely get them when they first come out... The fact that the price drops almost in HALF over a short time really kind of shows how much of an unnecessary markup they put on these things.

Not even the money as much as the principle. Of course, if it's really, really good, I'll usually bite the bullet and do so....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I would say (if your gonna be bugged by the endless amount of bugs) wait a while.
Though it is still really good and I am quite happy even though I only got 10 pound for 5 games towards the £40 price tag.

Ever play Borderlands?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Got this yesterday the special edition!! £47.99p that’s $76.78p (about)
Now I think this is just bloody too much for a game..
Ok it’s the best zombie game every, and I enjoyed running around with my mate stamping zombies to... re-death! But please it’s too expensive!
Also I’m collecting the material to make my weapon you get with the special addition, what’s a home run? And bouncing friend I think it’s called. At work so cant check
Cheers

Jay

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I got 10.50 off mine for 4 games mate!! its a joke!

Yes I have played it,amazing game best of its since dead island.. played on pc tho
edit on 15-9-2011 by ototheb85 because: boarderlands answer

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

its rank mate, the Gears of war one is much better!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm thinking about getting this man..... I'm sure they'll fix the bugs and the game does look awesome.... but the cheapest I can see it for is £45. and that is too much money man.

Most games have offers and are usually £30 or so...

Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I got update yesterday that fixed the online game lobbies.
I was actually in a full game.

Though one dude kept shooting the gas canisters I was picking up, it annoyed me so much I eventually found it funny and sent a friend request. lol. He weren't expecting that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I got update yesterday that fixed the online game lobbies.
I was actually in a full game.

Though one dude kept shooting the gas canisters I was picking up, it annoyed me so much I eventually found it funny and sent a friend request. lol. He weren't expecting that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm looking forward to the game, but I rarely get them when they first come out... The fact that the price drops almost in HALF over a short time really kind of shows how much of an unnecessary markup they put on these things.

Not even the money as much as the principle. Of course, if it's really, really good, I'll usually bite the bullet and do so....

Well, I got this game pre-order...which is very unusual. they totally suckered me in with their advertising the moment I seen the very first trailer of it being made...was ready to toss anything they asked for...but then again, I am a sucker for anything zombie genre.

First game I have pre-ordered since Fallout New Vegas..which was the first game I ever pre-ordered

I will also be pre-ordering skyrim when available..but thats because I am fanatical about the elder scrolls universe, and especially how bethesda does it (fully moddable for years of entertainment) Anything fallout or elder scrolls related they put out, I will forever pre-order

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So got this this morning, played it for a bit..... really didn't like it at all.
Looks good, zombies are cool but can see it getting very, very tedious.

Wanted to give it longer but can't be arsed.

This game is so sought after that I stuck it up on a well known auction site and made myself £10.....

So not too bad.

Got to play it, see how poor it was and how repetitive and button-bashy it was going to be and then sold it and made some money.

Not a bad day

For those that have kept it and played it... does it get better?

What is it that you liked about it?

I really liked both of the L4D games and quite liked the original Dead Rising too.... although that's 5 years ago or so now.

So not sure why this one felt worse but I just wasn't feeling it man.
edit on 19/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

How much did you buy it for in the first place?
Sorry to hear your not keen but you can't get a full estimation of this game in 10 mins.

I've just finished with one character and now I can get into lower level games and practically be a god.

That along with weapon cloning just makes this ultimatly fun.

Ask me about weapon cloning, clone any melee weapon for $'s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join