It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futility in Fake Moon/Planet X/NASA Lies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
EDIT: Pre-empting some of the angry replies. I'm not here to fight. I want to be given a reason to look. Everyone has a right to their opinions, and this is just mine.

Honest question...

So you think you've discovered a NASA lie. The Moon Landings were fake! A planet is on it's way! We have a secret moon base!

Lets pretend for a moment, using the moon landings were fake scenario.... what then? Are you single-handily going to take on the world? Assuming the world accepts your proof of the faking of the landings... what does this accomplish?

Why bother? The Truth is only worth the time if the truth benefits. Do you know how much of our history is forgotten and/or modified to fit circumstances somehow?

In the case of a 'nibiru' - what do you do? Your finding a planetary/brown dwarf body hurtling towards us won't stop it. All you do is make people live their last days in fear, if it were true... and you yourself already believe in this...why search proof? Why bother looking for lies that may or may not exist?

What is the point in all these lie hunts and fear mongering posts?
Why can't we have more science.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Most Scientist's now have an agenda.

The truth is something that is not unimportant.

No matter the subject,

Government's have no right to lie.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Most truth-finders have an agenda.

What does exposing a lie do for humanity? It certainly won't stop the government's lies.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
Honest question...

So you think you've discovered a NASA lie. The Moon Landings were fake! A planet is on it's way! We have a secret moon base!

Lets pretend for a moment, using the moon landings were fake scenario.... what then? Are you single-handily going to take on the world? Assuming the world accepts your proof of the faking of the landings... what does this accomplish?

Why bother? The Truth is only worth the time if the truth benefits. Do you know how much of our history is forgotten and/or modified to fit circumstances somehow?

In the case of a 'nibiru' - what do you do? Your finding a planetary/brown dwarf body hurtling towards us won't stop it. All you do is make people live their last days in fear, if it were true... and you yourself already believe in this...why search proof? Why bother looking for lies that may or may not exist?

What is the point in all these lie hunts and fear mongering posts?
Why can't we have more science.

Well put. Posts such as this may in fact have a greater effect on alot of the conspiracy theorists, than the common disinfo threads or thread de-railing attempts around here. This makes me wonder if you are hired by the same guys as they are(govt), but tasked with a different angle of attack.

However, once we hear the truth, we will know it.
And the truth wants to be free. For a reason, a higher purpose if you will.
The truth itself is the reward. Not what may or may not come after.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
well said nobody gives a dam just alter the hole of human history .the truth is to much for most even a small amount can fxxk your life up better to just live your life with a smile on your face and think fxxk it nothing to do with me BUT I AINT NO MUSHROOM I DONT LIKE BEING KEPT IN THE DARK AND FED ON # . but thats just me maat is everything in my life

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe

Most truth-finders have an agenda.

What does exposing a lie do for humanity? It certainly won't stop the government's lies.

I would say...Some truth-finders have an agenda.

"What does exposing a lie do for humanity?" It builds a foundation for the future.

"It certainly won't stop the government's lies"....Sadly, you got me there...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I know...I wish it would, trust me. I'm not fighting anyone here. Just wanting to know why. Thank you for your replies, makes me feel a little better that you feel its to build a better foundation.

Sometimes I feel like its more like school yard fights, "TEACHER! He said X!"

reply to post by NeoVain

If I could get paid to post dis-info, my god, that would be a good job...but no, I'm not working for anyone. This is just my opinion on space-based worries like Nibiru/Fake Moon/Mars/etc. Sort of a reverse of "why research space it doesnt help us now." but rather, "why research/complain about theorized lies? it wont change how we operate in space or earth."
edit on 5-9-2011 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

My sentiments exactly! Although i believe the truth should be exposed, i think there has been way more effort put into conjuring up these scenarios and 'profiting' (whether financially or through fame) off these lies and conspiracies than there has been in actually finding the truth!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The truth shall set you free.

Obligatory second line.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Maybe rather than answering the question I will give you a few scenarios so that you can understand the true complexity of the matter.

In a perfect world our governments are the captains of a ship, expected to leave last and their function is as a caring parent. Now imagine some scenarios:

Some questions arise for coming events, if any:
- Is a government in it's right to hide such global knowledge? Who are they to decide for us?
- Is the government capable of using all it's resources in a way that whatever threat is out there they can do the maximum to prevent or change the outcome? Let me remind you that in WW2 a cypher was cracked by a housewife after she volunteered to help. Maybe a 5 year old wizz kid can produce a solution that no scientist could come up with when such "truth" is kept from us, the people.
- Is not sharing the truth not an insult to the people of the world? Will the truth not be the greatest gift right before a cataclysmic event? Perhaps the moment of truth will be shattered by lies.

Now that is one side... the other side is of course the dark one... The choice if you will.
I would not want to be in the position of whomever bears the truth, although I have to admit that I myself am keeper of a secret that possibly is close to whatever people think in 2012 will happen. I have not shared this truth with many, although some know. We all kept silent and will most likely remain to be silent. In my case there are many reasons for doing so, one is that I am not certain it is the truth and not being a scientist I can not verify my findings. Yet bringing it in the open will create many new conversations pertaining the subject. Some might draw the wrong conclusions and they might cause a stir maybe even panic with suffering of others as a result.

Now in the case of the moon landings assuming they were faked it was needed for the Americans to win the cold war. It blew Russia away in terms of technological advance, they had no idea what the hell just happened. No intel whatsoever that would indicate they were able to do it. So the landing itself although just a scientific accomplishment at first became a huge victory in the chess game we call the cold war. Looking at the overall strategies in warfare a justifiable lie in the eyes of some.

Now you would expect that at some point humanity could look back at their history with pride by saying. "Although we were still tribal and barbaric the lie of putting a man on the moon saved us from going through a nuclear war that would destroy civilization and would bring us back to square one... " We would understand our evolution and the context of things. As one man once said he who doesn't know his past does not have a future. A past tainted with lies is just showing that we're not just there.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't mean to be rude but you talk of points, yet I fail to see one in your OP.

But I will say this; being part of a select few to know of 'global conspiracy' can give some a sense of grandeur. Even if it is false.

ALS

ETA: Oh I see I totally missed the 'point' of the OP. To answer you about truth I turn to the late, great; Albert Einstien.

In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.

edit on 5-9-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Research suggests belief in conspiracy theories may reveal a Machiavellian mindset. University of Kent psychologists Karen Douglas and Robbie Sutton write in the British Journal of Social Psychology.

“These studies suggest that people who have more lax personal morality may endorse conspiracy theories to a greater extent because they are, on average, more willing to participate in the conspiracies themselves.”

For example, the recent post on Apollo astronaut hand trama from wearing EVA gloves is posted by a person who co-operates this website, that urges you to purchase their compilation of NASA lies.

Another common source of 'inside information' is sited by an undisclosed informant.

I think a lot of life that sustains CT is the simple fact you cannot prove a negative.

Prove that Zeus didn't exist, you can't, therefore evidence that suggests Zeus existed is as good as your evidence he did not.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

The idea that the moon landings were faked misses one key point. The Soviets would have exposed it to the world. Since that time, we have many countries who are looking to space, and we have more members of the manned space flight club. We have countries that have probes around the moon for their own scientific research.

Are we to beleive that once mortal enemies would not expose the lies of the other?

Are we to beleive that with the growing club of nations invovled in space exploration that they are all part of a massive conspiracy and coverup?

I know people like to debunk the moon landings... I would like for someone to explain, from point A to point Z, how a secret the size of faking the moon landings has not been exposed by other countries / scientists / etc?

It rmeinds me of the conspiracy about martial law being declared in the US. People seem to ignore the fact not every single person in federal / state government, federal or state law enforcement, or federal / state military units would not all comply with the orders.

If the moon landings were faked, we would have known by now. Unless every country on the planet is part of the conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

"What does exposing a lie do for humanity?" It builds a foundation for the future.

Exactly.

And it's not the "lie" or "cover up" that bothers me, it's that they are so transparent. Why not just come right out and say: "We think you are all stupid, just keep watching t.v. and pay no attention to what we're doing over here..."

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If the moon landings were faked, we would have known by now. Unless every country on the planet is part of the conspiracy.

It seems impossible doesn't it? Then again...

top topics

join