It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest 4D Light Show w/vid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

The 4th dimension is time. Its a 4D projection because it is changing over time and showing the different stages of the building (I am assuming anyway) over time. Its mostly just an expression though.

Very cool video - thanks for the link.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
reply to post by Blundo

Any link where I can get more info?

And, how is this 4D? Did you call it 4D or do the organizers call it 4D?

di·men·sion (d-mnshn, d-)
n.
1. A measure of spatial extent, especially width, height, or length.
2. Extent or magnitude; scope. Often used in the plural: a problem of alarming dimensions.
3. Aspect; element: "He's a good newsman, and he has that extra dimension" (William S. Paley).
4. Mathematics
a. The least number of independent coordinates required to specify uniquely the points in a space.
b. The range of such a coordinate.
5. Physics A physical property, such as mass, length, time, or a combination thereof, regarded as a fundamental measure or as one of a set of fundamental measures of a physical quantity: Velocity has the dimensions of length divided by time.
tr.v. di·men·sioned, di·men·sion·ing, di·men·sions
1. To cut or shape to specified dimensions.
2. To mark with specified dimensions.

Dimensions :

☼ Lighting
☼ Sound
☼ Live Performance
☼ Special Effects

Four dimensions. Stop thinking so linearly fellas, and add a dimension to your cognitive abilities by using critical thinking.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

You didn't say anything about displaying 4D, you said "simulate 4D" which computers can be programmed to do all the time. Computers can be programmed to simulate as many dimensions as you want. And it's not psuedo-science. It has plenty of real-world applications.

Did you even bother to look at the source code?

Who's insulting who's intelligence?
edit on 6-9-2011 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I posted an explanation for the 4D lightning, it has nothing to do with live performance or whatever. You just invented yourself 4 dimensions.

Same for you Cecilofs, the 4th dimension in this case, I'm pretty sure it's not time. Otherwise, you could call anything 4D, like any computer game becomes 4D since it evolves over time.

A definition of what is a dimension doesn't help either. In fact, it supports what I said earlier. It's related to the light field and it being a function of 4 parameters such as position, orientation, intensity and probably color or something like that. This is similar to what it says in the dimension definition for physics. Velocity is two dimensional, a function of length over time, just like the light field is a function of 4 variables, hence 4D.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Wowbagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

I doubt looking at the source code would help anyone without extensive knowledge of computer programming.

4D is relative to the context. If you're talking geographic information, the 4th Dimension is usually time. If you're talking something else, it can be anything. For example if you go in Youtube and type 4D simulation, you will get videos of 3D models evolving in time. This is the most common form of what is called 4D.

Some companies also say that the 4th dimension is something that affects another sense than eyes, ears or nose. For example simulating touch through haptic technologies.

There's many ways for something to be 4D. Anyone can claim that something is 4D. In the case of the light show, we could say, image in 2D, sound and smells, but that is arbitrary. If we would use this definition, our world would be 6D, 7D or even more. This makes no sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join