It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado School Comes Under Fire for Hanging Saudi Flag Higher Than American Flag

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
It isn't the cloth, it's what it represents, our country, our patriotism, our sovereignty. The NWO is trying to do away with not just American sovereignty, but the national sovereignty of all nations. That is what the whole NWO thing is about.
All nations should be respected for their individual sovereignty.

What makes you American? I assume you were born there? Do you consider foreigners who gain citizenship to be real Americans? All I see is imaginary lines in the dirt. That's all that really separates us as nations. Imaginary lines. At the end of the day the only absolute truth is that I am a Human who was born on Earth. No matter how much it is opposed there will ultimately come a time when Humans accept a One World Government which is capable of representing and managing Earth properly. It most likely wont even be within our life times, there's still way too much nationalism and opposition to any type of NWO. They'd have to implement it with serious force and probably eliminate a vast number of people.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

you have such convictions to walk into berma, nkorea, iran?

tell them that.

not "friendly" countries.

eta; ya, same ol same ol.

go to the hadji in saudi arabia wearing a tank top and shorts.

lololol!!

hear about the 2 german hikers in afghanistan found shot today?

ya, take your "line in the sand" to them.
edit on 6-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

"Personally I would like to know how this happened. "

Indeed.. one thing being hoisted higher than another thing.. somewhere, should be of interest to us all.

How could such a travesty of protocol taken place??.. their thing higher than our thing? are we in commie mother Russia now or what?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobbob

And where are you from bobbob?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

"Personally I would like to know how this happened. "

Indeed.. one thing being hoisted higher than another thing.. somewhere, should be of interest to us all.

How could such a travesty of protocol taken place??.. their thing higher than our thing? are we in commie mother Russia now or what?

No, not yet, but some people sure are working on it. It's bad protocol and schools should know better. It may have been an accident and not malicious, but apathy is a sign that liberalism has prevailed far too long.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

ya, what is your flag?

i got some lighter fluid.

Not sure I would be that bothered... but you would have to choose.. for me the choices are Wessex Wyvern, St Richards Cross, the Lollard Green, the Old English Cross, St Georges Cross or the Union Flag (or Union Jack) but the flag you will see the most around here is the Skull and Crossbones..

The ebb and flow of history kinda throws up some interesting perceptions on the notion of which flag to choose.. hence why I guess some of us feel little or no allegiance to a flag or see that flag as no more than a piece of cloth that could be any colour.. in the 1830s to really piss the Gov off the people around marched behind the French tricolour.. put the willies up the Gov
so flags can be fun

But I do understand those things do not cloud American judgement and I fully respect that.. heck the Flag of your Union was raised here when this part of England declared itself the 24th state of your Union in the 1800s..(again to piss the Gov off) that flag (of the AmericaGround) has now morphed into a mixture of the stars and stripes and the union flag.

And so you wouldn't feel alone with the whole flag burning thing know that the people around here tend to burn things (I think it a bit of a fetish really).. the hard part is working out if they are burning something as a symbol that is loved or hatred.. it is really hard to work that one out

Besides plenty of American fly their flag around here (tho a minority among the many pirate flags being flown) and they happily try to fly the Stars and Stripes higher than anyone else.. which in a way amuses me when some claim they respect other nations flags in said nations.. but to be honest no one cares if they fly their flag higher or if it is bigger than anyone else's it is good to see someone who loves their country

But as I said I do respect that Americans (especially my own family) do feel differently to me in this regard so if you wish to pick a flag or multiple flags to burn, you are more than welcome
I'll just pretend your doing it out of love

edit on 6/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: spelling lol

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
It isn't the cloth, it's what it represents, our country, our patriotism, our sovereignty. The NWO is trying to do away with not just American sovereignty, but the national sovereignty of all nations. That is what the whole NWO thing is about.
All nations should be respected for their individual sovereignty.

What makes you American? I assume you were born there? Do you consider foreigners who gain citizenship to be real Americans? All I see is imaginary lines in the dirt. That's all that really separates us as nations. Imaginary lines. At the end of the day the only absolute truth is that I am a Human who was born on Earth. No matter how much it is opposed there will ultimately come a time when Humans accept a One World Government which is capable of representing and managing Earth properly. It most likely wont even be within our life times, there's still way too much nationalism and opposition to any type of NWO. They'd have to implement it with serious force and probably eliminate a vast number of people.

Well, yes as a matter of fact I am a natural born American. Yes, I recognize any person who is granted American citizenship. Many people come from all over the world and work very hard at earning it. What is your issue here?
I respect your right to your own opinion. I respectfully disagree that having an elite of Intl bankers and money changers and crooks running the entire world is a good thing for any of us. But that's just me.
I see the America haters are out in full force on this thread like werewolves howling at the full moon.
Perhaps you are one of those dreamer types who believe that some great wonderful people are going to run things lovingly and generously for all the world. Just take a look around and tell me what has the UN and the Elite done to promote real and lasting peace anywhere in the world and then tell me if that's what you want permanently.
It is written, "By their fruits ye shall know them". Matthew 7:16

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

yeah, i guess multiple flags in ones life can lead to some apathy.

that's why i mentioned what i did.

flags are a visual on the battlefield. like a uniform.

one has to basically keep theirs flying.

otherwise we be killing each other, lol!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

ya, take your "line in the sand" to them.
It doesn't matter how you present it, a truth is a truth.

BTW, I am Australian. I implore you to ignite my flag. I will not see it a symbol of disrespect, but rather a symbol of my freedom; the ability to think beyond the constraints of the system I am placed in, separating me from the rest of humanity.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

yes and we should be grateful and offer up all our stuff to them.

not a chance,

they will get my remote when they pry it from my cold dead hand!

eta; or is it fingers?
edit on 6-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

don't worry mate,

i don't burn anything cept a veg or 2 when the barbie is too hot.

or when my fingers slide down my cig coz it stuck to my lips.

i'm about in the same time zone as you.

sorry, got distracted, what was that again?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
We are all humans from Saudi Arabia to America stop placing such monumental blocks between us. People put to much importance in our differences when they should look at the similarities.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbob
One word.

Petty.

If all you have to worry about is a piece of cloth, when every other day of your life you let the constitution just be trampled over.

Why do you care about the piece of cloth when you don't care about the constitution?

Now, back to your cubicle and get back to work and pay your bills.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Bobbob because: (no reason given)

I could not agree more.

The Bible says it best: " You blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel." Matthew 23:24

Welsome to ATS, newbe, Bobbob

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I believe it was Cold Dead Hands, and it was Charleton Heston who said it

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Being one with the Cosmic Ocean has not prevented me from feeling Patriotism for my country and that for which she stands, freedom and liberty. I will continue to fight for that.
Now Grasshopper, Krishna tells Arjuna he must fight even his own kinsmen in the Battle of Armageddon because it is his duty and he is Ksatriya Warrior.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Its not Politicol correctness at all. Protocol requires national flags be at the same height. State / other flags flying on the same pole or on a seperate pole are to be lower than the National flag.

Its meant to show respect and acknowledge equality among nations, regardless of size.

Secondly, we are not subjects of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, so their flag should not be flown higher than ours.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by thoughtsfull

yeah, i guess multiple flags in ones life can lead to some apathy.
that's why i mentioned what i did.
flags are a visual on the battlefield. like a uniform.
one has to basically keep theirs flying.
otherwise we be killing each other, lol!!

Not sure apathy is the right word.. I would go with flexible otherwise what would you do if those representing and using your flag stand for the opposite of your beliefs.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Why was there even a Saudi flag there in the first place?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Why was there even a Saudi flag there in the first place?

Read the article.

They have flags of 20 nations which represent all the diferent nationalities of the students there. They are hung all arround the school. Nice sine of respect for all the students, I think.

This was a small flag which 'someone' moved from it;s usual possition into a small classroom. Why would they do that? When they moved it there they hung it out at 90 degrees to the wall - the Saudi flag was proudly at 45 degrees and so "higher" than the US Flag. Someone (I wonder who) took a picture of this. The picture is in the article, which I urge everyone to read. When the head heard about it he immediatly corrected the error.

You have all been duped by some spotty kid!

This story only goes to show that A) No one ever reads the thread or linked information before spouting their opinion.
And B) Many people on here are too emotional about their flag to listen to the truth of the story and see the picture before them.

Storm in a tea cup - their I sadi it again.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I agree with the OP and a few others, It is NOT JUST a piece of cloth, it symbolizes my country, the country I am PROUD to be citizen of, it represents those who have died protecting and serving it, and those STILL serving it. It represents those thast still love this country and the isdeals it once stood for before tTPTB started destroying it
I can understand the attitudes of people from around the world, but fellow Americans, you should be ASHAMED of yourselves, calling it 'just a piece of cloth'

Lastly, if it was SO BAD here, why are people STILL trying to immigrate here, legally and illegally????

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join