It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado School Comes Under Fire for Hanging Saudi Flag Higher Than American Flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Seems the flag was in a class room. The US flag looks like it is missing the pole.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
For all you that dont see the big deal of disrespecting our flag, listen to this whole story and you will see why the flag means so much to most Americans..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Political Correctness is killing America!

This is disgraceful and disgusting, makes me wonder what our flag is worth anymore.

I believe this is against federal law too, searching for more info on that....

The principal should be fired immediately IMO.

This wouldn't be a problem if we wouldn't cater to other countries in our public school system.

Thoughts?

(I know this isn't "alternative" news but it should be discussed)

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-9-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

... sigh, I love the flag and what it represents as much as you do. It's why I defend it's constitution. But one has to think of the possibility that this could have been an honest mistake.

Picture this scenario:

A lazy kid, teacher or janitor was probably in a hurry and left the flag that way as he/she took a look at his/her watch and went back to the school to not arrive late. There is also the chance that whoever did it didnt know it would be an "offense".

But either way, reading the article, the principle said this.

“We realize this is an extremely sensitive time with us getting close to the 10th anniversary of 9/11," Carpenter told the Gazzette.

"There is an increased amount of alertness and sensitivity, but if someone is concerned about something to do with our flag I will settle the issue right away.”

It just seems to me that it really was an honest mistake...

Just thought i'd point that out.

reply to post by kennylee

that video nearly brought tears into my eyes, but at the same time have a sense of anger at the fact that the british took over the U.S through the federal reserve bank in 1913 and have been on a rampage ever since.

edit on 5-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey Sig,

Long time bro.

I"m right there with ya.

There is ONE flag that can be held even with the US flag. That would be my Texas flag.

We were a country first and then a state. Its legal and binding.

That being said,

I think what the school did is not only disrespectful, its also divisive. How?

If we're all in this together, and we're all "equal", then WE'RE ALL AMERICANS!

I am Texas Volksdeutsch and proud of it. Would I fly the German tricolor level with the two afore mentioned flags?

Nope.

I am a Southerner by the Grace of God! Would I fly the "stars and bars" level? well...

Still no.

We cant complain about "foreigners" coming in and not assimilating if we DON'T ASSIMILATE THEM!

What is the message sent to the kids?

Two words.

America Sucks.

The admin at the top of that decision should be yanked.

For those of you posting previously, as disgusted with your comments as I am....you have that right.

why?

this is America.

once again, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Its funny sig how I've never been told to my face how someone could hate our country. Hmm.
I guess a pissed off 5.6, 175lb blonde german blooded guy would make someone rethink, huh?

Gott mit uns!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

What's the saying - you should never ascribe to conspiracy what can be ascribed to stupidity, or somethign like that??

But here on ATS it seems hte reverse is true - everything is always an evil plot to do something nefarious - governments that can't organise a piss up in a brewery can manage to secretly demolish massive buildings without anyone managing to get any verifiable evidence, or controll the world's weather through ionospheric heaters, or secretly use commercial airliners to spray everyng with mind control chemicals, or are .....welll....you are on here so you know the story.....

Yep - the principle apologised, said they fixed it ASAP, and people are calling for him to be sacked?? Really??

People make mistakes every day - if you are going to fire everyone who ever makes a mistake you're going to end up with an even more stultified society than yuo ahve at the moment - no one will dare do anything for fear of making a mistake.

A bit of proportionality might not go amiss!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I live just south of Fort Collins, and I can tell you this has pissed me off to no end. I don't want to hear the excuses from the administration. These are supposed to be "educated" individuals. They should have known better, and the fact that they didn't only shows how incompetent they truly are. Anyone involved should lose their jobs.

I'm tired of this crap, and to quote Lt. Col. Frank Slade from "Scent of a Woman", "If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!" That's how mad I was earlier. I'm calm now, but I was pretty hot under the collar. My wife thought I was going to have a stroke.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...I won't get fooled again. Oh wait, that was Bush. Fool me twice, shame on me. Shame me, my flag, and my brothers again, Mr. Carpenter, I and my fellow veterans will be knocking on your door. You can take that to the bank.

Edit: And for those saying that calling for the principal's job is unfair, or disproportionate, I ask you, would you feel the same if he held a Christian prayer, or put the 10 Commandments up in the class room? Somehow, I get the feeling you'd want him executed for such a thing.
edit on 5-9-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
why are they wasting valuable education money on foreign flags. full size that flag retails for around 100 dollars, thats several school books oor reams of paper and stacks of pencils. isnt it lovely in this recession period tax payers dollars can be wasted ;ilr this.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Its strange that the same people who would want to make schools go broke to where they can't afford to replace a flag when the wood stick it is hanging on breaks are the same people who will jump up and down when they see the stick broke. Just like with FEMA they want to cut its fi=unding but want to complain when they can't milk it for money.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Thank you so much for the vid posted. I've heard the story generally before...

I never knew about the Patriots that held it aloft.

I dont give a DAMN about how bad things get. I dont care if everything else is destroyed.

With this flag, and the constitution....there will ALWAYS BE HOPE!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I've never heard of the Saudi race.

Nor will you, may I ask what your statement has to do with anything... The motto of this site is deny ignorance.. Shame more peeps dont do it instead of defending racist actions....

for your definition....

"Racism" and "racial discrimination" are often used to describe discrimination on an ethnic or cultural basis, independent of their somatic (i.e. "racial") differences. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination.

en.wikipedia.org...

and a more to the point what kind of racism are you defending..

Anti-Arabism or Arabophobia is consistent advocacy of discrimination, extermination, prejudice, hostility, hatred, or genocide toward Arabs.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
@RisenAngel77 and Felonius..

Your more than welcome for the video. I heard it a year or so ago when searching YT on our Constitution. I think every American should hear this and I think that everybody that becomes a citizen should have to watch this before they are officially Americans.

In America, the American Flag will and should ALWAYS fly high above all other flags. I remember a video of a vet cutting down an American flag and taking it from a business because they were flying the Mexican flag above it. I found it. Here is that video.

This is America, not any other country. Respect our flag...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I've never heard of the Saudi race.

Nor will you, may I ask what your statement has to do with anything... The motto of this site is deny ignorance.. Shame more peeps dont do it instead of defending racist actions....

for your definition....

"Racism" and "racial discrimination" are often used to describe discrimination on an ethnic or cultural basis, independent of their somatic (i.e. "racial") differences. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination.

en.wikipedia.org...

and a more to the point what kind of racism are you defending..

Anti-Arabism or Arabophobia is consistent advocacy of discrimination, extermination, prejudice, hostility, hatred, or genocide toward Arabs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh my fricken god...
Well if the United Nations convention says so..

Are you for real??
How long did it take you to find that definition?

Here's a real definition of racism:

dictionary.reference.com...

rac·ism
[rey-siz-uhm]
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

You said:

and you sir are speaking like a true racist... How exactly does a Saudi speak. Have you ever even been to Saudi Arabia...

I said I never heard of the Saudi race (news flash - speech against a RACE of people is racism, see above definition) and you call ME ignorant for not thinking that flying the flag of another COUNTRY (a political boundary, not a race) above our own flag is racist?

I'm throwing your own words back at ya - "may I ask what your statement has to do with anything".

p.s. you're a hoot! thanks!

double p.s. look here too: www.merriam-webster.com...

Oh and look here too! It called Your dictionary - The dictionary you can understand! Yay!

Oh and.. ok, I'll stop... but you get my drift right? The United Nations convention...
I'm sorry, I'll stop typing now...

edit on 5/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Edit: And for those saying that calling for the principal's job is unfair, or disproportionate, I ask you, would you feel the same if he held a Christian prayer, or put the 10 Commandments up in the class room? Somehow, I get the feeling you'd want him executed for such a thing.

No - not executed at all - such hyperbole is stupid.

But certainly censured, because that would have to be a deliberate act and not something that could be accidentally done, so yeah - and quite rightly so.

And your use of that analogy makes me think you are even less rational than I might have before!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Why did you have to bring the ''race card" into this? This has nothing to do with 'race"- it's THE LAW!!

If it had been a French flag, or a Swedish flag, or a Danish flag, or fill-in whatever country you want- the reaction would be the same.......

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If it gives you plesure to remain in a state of ignorance so be it. I gave you an extended definition of a work and what it really means. You attempted to dumb it down are redefine it in a sentence or so. If that pleases you so be it.
The truth remains the truth, you may choose to ignore it and that does matter. Maybe one day you will be on the recieving end of it and you may see it in a different light...
I know someone that lost there job because they made a remark that women from kenya came over on a bannana raft....
They lost there job... for guess what.. racism.. Now nowhere is race mentioned there. UK law has an understanding the racism does not just refer to race, so does the UN and wikipeida...
But of course your two bit dictionary definition means sooo much more....

poor show.. You can laugh all you want. Im not impressed. I dont like racists or peeps that stick up for them...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I did not. the OP did in a now removed post... I dont care for racism against any people or cultures..

edit on 5-9-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you for your enlightenment.

edit on 5/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If this was an honest mistake, I hope the people that made this mistake have been informed, and enough said.

I am, however, completely astounded by the number of people who believe the flag is simply a piece of cloth.

I may disagree entirely with the direction the U.S.A. has taken in the last decade or two, however I will always love and respect the flag of the United States of America, and all that it stands for.

It is up to us, the citizens of the U.S. to restore what it once stood for.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

The fact that you mean this about individuals in the U.S. is even worse. You say respect is on it's deathbed and you illustrate this FACT through your own words: "Stupid people."

Sorry, you are missrepresenting me.

I called the people stupid for complaining about what I see as a non issue. In my mind they were being too precious. An error was made, why do stupid people have to make so much of a big deal about it. Have they lost all repect for their worldly neighbours. This seems like a petty squable over a meaningless error.

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

How can you complain about tolerance if you show none? My attitude was a result of your insults. I DO respect people until they prove otherwise - unfortunately your own words proved to me that you were not, at this point in time, worthy of it. So, you see, we are the same in this respect... Respect until proven not worthy.

I can tolerate a lot of things, but sometimes I point out what looks to me to be stuipd reactions based in a much larger problem. Ithink if this issue was to looked at with less emotion people would understand that it is a respect issue.

An error was mde. Get over it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbob

It's really a shame you have nothing more to contribute than to ridicule a belief of a person.

Go tell the families of the men and women who die for the flag that it's just 'a piece of cloth'.

The flag is a symbol and has meaning. Somehow, I believe trying to explain this to you would be useless.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join