It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado School Comes Under Fire for Hanging Saudi Flag Higher Than American Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Colorado School Comes Under Fire for Hanging Saudi Flag Higher Than American Flag

www.foxnews.com

An elementary school in Colorado has come under criticism after they lowered the American flag and elevated a Saudi Arabian flag.
The principal at Bauder Elementary School in Fort Collins said they did not mean to disrespect the American flag, according to a report in the Greeley Gazzette.
Principal Brian Carpenter told the newspaper that the American flag was immediately returned to its proper and prominent position at the school.
He explained that other flags are posted around the s
(visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Political Correctness is killing America!

This is disgraceful and disgusting, makes me wonder what our flag is worth anymore.

I believe this is against federal law too, searching for more info on that....

The principal should be fired immediately IMO.

This wouldn't be a problem if we wouldn't cater to other countries in our public school system.

Thoughts?

(I know this isn't "alternative" news but it should be discussed)

www.foxnews.com
edit on 5-9-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One word.

Petty.

If all you have to worry about is a piece of cloth, when every other day of your life you let the constitution just be trampled over.

Why do you care about the piece of cloth when you don't care about the constitution?

Now, back to your cubicle and get back to work and pay your bills.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Bobbob because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobbob

I've let nothing of the sort happen, but I agree with your sentiment about how the Constitution is being shredded.

My flag isn't petty my friend.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Bobbob

I've let nothing of the sort happen, but I agree with your sentiment about how the Constitution is being shredded.

My flag isn't petty my friend.

So go practice your belief system in your own home, not in public.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

A flag is just a flag to me so...whatever.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A high school flying another nations flag to respect the nationality of it's students, and in the meantime disrespecting the majority of Americans that (hopefully) attend this school? This is high school, not the United Nations. Someone needs to get fired.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Political Correctness is killing America!

This is disgraceful and disgusting, makes me wonder what our flag is worth anymore.

I believe this is against federal law too, searching for more info on that....

The principal should be fired immediately IMO.

Thoughts?

(I know this isn't "alternative" news but it should be discussed)

www.foxnews.com

I agree entirely except for firing the principal - perhaps a little education is needed. Could be used as a good reason to get this curricula into the school system.

Is this what you were searching for?

Flag Code

No other flag or pennant should be placed above, or, if on same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America,…No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the United States at any place within the United States or any territory or possession thereof:…

edit on 5/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbob
One word.

Petty.

If all you have to worry about is a piece of cloth, when every other day of your life you let the constitution just be trampled over.

Why do you care about the piece of cloth when you don't care about the constitution?

You speak broadly of U.S. citizens. Who says we don't care about the constitution? And, that piece of cloth is important because it is a symbol of America. Perhaps if we started educating people in these things, the constitution wouldn't so easily be trampled by our leaders. Perhaps if we started CARING about things like how the flag is handled and cared for, the constitution would MEAN MORE.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks for posting.

That's exactly what I was looking for...

I'm surprised at some of the responses so far, the American flag still means something to me, regardless of what TPTB are doing to destroy our once great nation.

link   
In the picture, it looks like it just might have fallen over on accident. Gees people calm down.

link   
In the picture, it looks like it just might have fallen over on accident. Gees people calm down.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Oooh, my nob is bigger than your nob. My car is better than your car. My flag is better than your flag.

Stupid people. But then Americans do worship their flag, swear alegnce to it or something. A flag. Dude! Oh, sorry, paid a little bit too much respect to our wordly neighbours - someone must be hung for this! Try hanging them from your flag pole!

Tollerence is dead, burried, and rotting. The stench should fill the nostrils of all Americans.

Respect is on it's death bed. Hate is outside digging a hole for it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
People are ready to die for this piece of cloth...

I don't even know what age are we living in.

TO ME caring about a piece of cloth this much is medieval behavior.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So go practice your belief system in your own home, not in public.

It WILL be in public so long as it's the United States of America - practice anything other in your own home. Your attitude is indicative of the pervasive apathy that is leading this country to it's demise.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's more than a little telling reading how different people react to the same event. Symbolism is important to some and meaningless to others. If there were a Darwinian chart for true awareness and clarity of what's really important, I can't help but wonder where we'd all place.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks for posting.

That's exactly what I was looking for...

I'm surprised at some of the responses so far, the American flag still means something to me, regardless of what TPTB are doing to destroy our once great nation.

Actually, the responses in this thread are EXACTLY the WAY TPTB are using people to further their agenda. This apathetic, "worldview"
mindset WILL BE the downfall of America.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

One word.

Petty.

You speak broadly of U.S. citizens. Who says we don't care about the constitution? And, that piece of cloth is important because it is a symbol of America. Perhaps if we started educating people in these things, the constitution wouldn't so easily be trampled by our leaders. Perhaps if we started CARING about things like how the flag is handled and cared for, the constitution would MEAN MORE.

Perhaps you should fix your broken country before worrying about a piece of cloth.

NY, one of the richest money centers of the world, also one of the places with the most homeless and poor.

Brushing them under a rug to hide them does not fix it.

Perhaps if you stopped worrying about telling everybody how to live their lives in their own countries, and actually did worry about your "piece of cloth" then people in the world would take you seriously.

Until then, keep living in your dillusional bubble that you are the greatest and all that jazz.

That flag you speak off, represents one of the most invasive, manipulative, double standards, greedy, militaristic, bully concepts to many in the rest of the world, those that still see it to represent freedom and other stuff, just watch Hollywood and Reuters all day long.

And NOT something to be shown in other countries, unless you wish to be persecuted or maybe kidnapped or worse. Quite frankly it is NOTHING to be proud of TODAY, perhaps 100 years ago it was, but not today.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Big f.u.*king deal ..now US should bomb Saudi Arabia and fill Guantanamo with Saudis.

Bankers are robbing you and Goverment are killing you and Americans are worried about one flag

So, you'd rather us worry about things that we really can't do anything about except play in the system and "use our votes"
and act all indignant about? It's the "little" things that individual citizens can do something about!

What have you done lately about the bankers robbing and governments killing? Really, I really want to know what specific things you have done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join