It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America The most Hated Country on The Planet?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmLedsterOo

There are many dumb Americans compounded by the fact that most of America do not have passports (source: www.cnn.com...), so they know no better. I love the US, but our most vocal people are usually our stupidest with zero global perspective. Not to mention these same folks fall into either Republican or Democrat perspectives; so they're narrow minded as well. I'm American, and I am not an elitist with this post, just sad at education levels and why folks feel the need to repeat what their politicians say... ("we won every war, we're the best, we lead the free world, my guns are freedom") Children. All of them.

Edit to add: I'm gonna address this zinger before someone else does: "There are many dumb Americans..." Yes, every country has dumb people, half of us on this board are stupid, including me.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
America is disliked thanks to our government refusing to let other countries handle their own affairs. This situation becomes more evident with each passing year. We the people (Americans) are to an extent responsible. After all, is it not our vote that places most of those power hungry thieves in office?
When is the last time we rallied in front of our nation’s capitol in a single collective voice and demanded a positive change or the restructure of our domestic and foreign policies? We have become a nation of whiners and complacent people (Myself included) yet we do nothing about it.

Let’s take a look at China for example. There are countless atrocities being committed by its government to its people. However, China is not perceived as an arrogant or tyrant nation. For the most part, it stays neutral and decides not to play judge or mediator with disputes that arise around the globe. i.e. They mind their own business!

To be clear…
Without a doubt I can stand tall and tell anyone, the United States is a great country! Never the less, it has a very serious problem. It has a cancer that’s eating it from the inside out. That decease’s name is called America’s government! Be that as it may, this virus has a cure and that is us “The people”. We are the cure to our land. We need to unify and demand change. Take it top if need be. The consequences of not taking action, can only lead to the continuous debility of this nation

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2011 by Beowolfs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm going to say "yes" to your question.

While some will argue that it's the American Government that is mostly hated by the rest of the world ... I have to point out that it's the American people that have allowed the beast to be unleashed.

Yes, I'm one of those people. Though, I woke up from my lethargic sleep about 5 years ago. It was only then that I realized that America had become everything I despised about the world. Ruled by money and dominated by corruption.

And the saddest part of it all is that I see no way to end the evil greed that fuels this machine. It might have been possible 50 years ago when the Military Industrial Complex had just gotten it's foothold. Maybe even 30 years ago before we allowed Corporations to latch on to our political system. But, not now.

The closest thing to reversing the machine that I can see is to elect the right people to office. Throw out the career politicians and put people in office that truly represent the public's interest. Not persons that are only there to make a buck my representing the war machine. Even then, I'm not sure that it'll make all that much of a difference.

The biggest changes that have to be made are:
• Eliminate the Federal Reserve.
• Eliminate special interest from the governing process.
• Change our Foreign Policy to be Non-Intervention.
• Eliminate the Federal Income Tax

For the most part, righting these items will fix America's economy while still providing the essential funding that our infrastructure needs. But, most importantly, it will limit the funds that our government allocates toward our Gross Domestic Product: War.

No, we won't have the money to fund a 20 year war in Iran ... but, we will improve our school's standing in the world stage. Which is more important to you? Tell your congressman your answer ... not me.
edit on 6-9-2011 by tyranny22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Beowolfs

We voted Bush twice, we got lied to by Obama, and the next lot coming through the GOP are scary as hell (democrats are no better but don't claim GOD picked them to run either).

Yes, we have a problem. IT'S US. We vote these megalomaniacs into office. I love the US, but we're mostly reactionary god fearing peoples.

Edit to add: I just saw the post above mine, and agree completely. You know, I left the US military got an education paid for by the GI Bill and moved on in life in career. Most of my friends left the military and joined the military industrial complex as contractors... they are the dimmest, non-creative, most pissed-off people you can image, no wonder they're all in favor of the GOP, they speak their same mad, narrow-minded language.

Yes, we're at fault for being hated - we the people. But as an American I blame the Americans who can't or refuse to help themselves and believe what their politicians tell them (GOP and Democrat).
edit on 6-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Americas problem is that it always has to be at war to stay afloat. So to the rest of the world America is always sticking its oar in somewhere. It needs to pull back and address its own issues. Most of its people come across as arrogant ill educated people in the news or a bunch of way out bible bashers. The US could do with some real good PR spin, and start to drop its ive got to have ten guns and shoot the world attitude.

Im sorry if ive come across a bit strong there, but to be honest with you thats what most of the world see's. My only gripe about the US is that it has a bad case of glutiny. It needs to slow down and take check before it charges head first into its own downfall, because a country that size will not recover for decades if at all.

Overall though most Americans ive met seem nice enough, they just need to wake up a bit and smell the roses before it turns to huge pile of dog turd.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I'm going to say "yes" to your question.

While some will argue that it's the American Government that is mostly hated by the rest of the world ... I have to point out that it's the American people that have allowed the beast to be unleashed.

Yes, I'm one of those people. Though, I woke up from my lethargic sleep about 5 years ago. It was only then that I realized that America had become everything I despised about the world. Ruled by money and dominated by corruption.

And the saddest part of it all is that I see no way to end the evil greed that fuels this machine. It might have been possible 50 years ago when the Military Industrial Complex had just gotten it's foothold. Maybe even 30 years ago before we allowed Corporations to latch on to our political system. But, not now.

The closest thing to reversing the machine that I can see is to elect the right people to office. Throw out the career politicians and put people in office that truly represent the public's interest. Not persons that are only there to make a buck my representing the war machine. Even then, I'm not sure that it'll make all that much of a difference.

The biggest changes that have to be made are:
• Eliminate the Federal Reserve.
• Eliminate special interest from the governing process.
• Change our Foreign Policy to be Non-Intervention.
• Eliminate the Federal Income Tax

For the most part, righting these items will fix America's economy while still providing the essential funding that our infrastructure needs. But, most importantly, it will limit the funds that our government allocates toward our Gross Domestic Product: War.

No, we won't have the money to fund a 20 year war in Iran ... but, we will improve our school's standing in the world stage. Which is more important to you? Tell your congressman your answer ... not me.
edit on 6-9-2011 by tyranny22 because: (no reason given)

Now I would vote for you, give it a go bud.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Do people actually read each others comments here? Sometimes it seems everyone just posts and leaves.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Oh no! Now I have a guilty conscience! I have to help these poor countries!

Okay, now that I'm done being sarcastic, I'm going to tell you straight up that I've seen how America does a lot to help these unfortunately poor countries in contrast to use DEVASTATING amounts of the worlds resources. Plus, I just don't believe you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

You said:

And there you have it, over 75% of those countries are muslims and Isreals enemies who havent done a thing to America, proof that America is under zionist rule, and some people wonder why muslims dont like America. Oh but muslims hate Americas freedoms right? what a joke.

Israels enemies are muslims who havent done a thing to america? Where were you during 9/11? Killing 4000 people is hardly doing nothing. In one attack these muslims killed a small army, that is at the opposite end of "havent done anything". I'd hate to see what your version of "having done something" would be if killing 4000 people is "havent done anything".

Muslims don't like america because we refuse to bow down to Sharia and follow their ways. In this country, man's laws come first and God is quickly disappearing, and that pisses them off so to them we are "infidels" and you know how they love to detonate I.E.D.'s in crowds of infidels.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Its not that I hate Americans. But it doesn't help that most and i say most not all Americans think they are best and anyone that says anything different and proves them wrong don't exist. One time a 13 year old American boy said to me "we won WW2 against your country", I am English so clearly he was wrong they didnt win against us and it was a war that you came in at the end and tried taking all credit for. But saying that we needed your help and you needed ours so neither country couldve won without the support of the other, which is why we english dislike America for taking all credit saying they saved us.

I heard most Americans don't have passports and reason being "We have everything in this country" but really they don't. Get out and see more of the world, many people don't go on holiday for just the weather.

Ofcourse we are all dumb, you can never learn everything, for example a doctor doesn't know how to fight fires and a fireman doesn't know how to treat patients making one dumb to the other. Does that make sense?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Face it.. If the whole of the west wasn't so greedy half the problems of the world wouldn't be there. So because your country is helping the poorer ones makes it humane to still go taking oil from poorer countries?.. Taking, not buying.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I do, not sure about anyone else but I read a few pages and reply to multiple comments and get replies and reply again so after that I continue reading all the comments by opening new tab when i reply so i can reply and carry on but depending on how interesting the thread is I can have up to ten tabs open at a time. Im sure im not the only one here that does that?.. Hope this answers your question

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Do people actually read each others comments here? Sometimes it seems everyone just posts and leaves.

I am still following. But I have had my say, and don't feel the need to to keep pounding the table about it. I'm in listening mode now and just reading what others feel.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
As americans, we have been taught that everything that comes from america is the best, we do not think any other language is worth learning and generally treat others as inferior.

Let me ask you this, how many europeans work all of their lives to be able to afford a ford sedan? And why is the Mercedes the official vehicle of success in america? What are these domestic products that are so great that americans are so proud of?

You're spot-on in your initial observation. Americans are well brainwashed with national pride and patriotism by the government dictated system the masses are raised under. It is a long established control that allows the system to be easily fed and the military full staffed with volunteers. It is dangerous to be blind to.

As for motor vehicle status symbols, the clever people at Mercedes Benz have screwed the American consumer market quite successfully for a very long time. In other parts of the world MB's are predominantly working man's cars, dependable transportation, also popular for use as taxi cabs. MB tarts their buggies up with some soft interior appointments and handsome woodgrain trim and stupid Americans fall over themselves to over-pay dearly for them.

Still, we can't overlook the popularity of Cadillac as the high-water mark of an American automobile that defines luxury, alludes to wealth and well defines excess.

The Corvette is a respected American vehicle popular the world over. Collectors in foreign countries cherish their 'Vettes for the same reason as American enthusiasts while the seeming scarcity adds to the allure.

But the definitive American choice of transportation loved and sought after around most of the globe is the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle. I don't know of any other product that carries as much mystique and heritage as a Harley. HD's are fantastically expensive in some countries and there are still large packs of owners seen riding their beloved metal steeds when time permits. And the ultimate observation that no other product can claim: the American Harley-Davidson Motorcycle is memorialized in the form of tattoo's on men and women in free countries around the world. Permanently inked on peoples bodies with pride. Nothing beats that!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Still don't see any proof of it actually happening. If you can provide legit proof, then maybe I'll change my stance. But, probably not.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No I think Canada is the most hatted at the moment : ) we just unfortunatly get lumped in with them...when I say Canada I mean East French speaking Canada... jajaja

Honestly and all joking aside, it is a burden we bear since we are or have been the greatest nation in the history of the recorded planet Earth...

sniper...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

you wont have to repent USA.anyways you are near your destruction.by 2013 the world shall be liberated from this monster called USA and we the world will celebrate the destruction of this fascist genocidal empire called USA.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer
As an American I will say this:

Please excuse the OP and others who may seem arrogant or delusional because they think the US is the best country and why is everyone picking on us... This is a common phenomena because here in this country that is what we are taught, no, PROGRAMMED and BRAINWASHED to believe from birth, and as awake and aware even those on this site seem to think they are, pieces of the programming is still intact and still quite effective.

Now before I'm hauled out behind the shed and beat with electrical cords, let me also say that I don't think there's anything wrong with being a proud American, but just don't be naive. Patriotism runs deep and is deeply symbolic and emotional for a reason, some good and some bad. It is a tool used to divide an conquer and we all need to be aware of when our patriotism is being used for such a purpose.

We are humans living on planet Earth. We come from different areas of that planet, but that fact does not make one area better than any other. Americans can help change the rest of the worlds perception of us by keeping the arrogance in check... The government is arrogant enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
You are not correct in saying I am arrogant and delusional. I also never said that America or Americans are the Best on the planet.. If you read my opening thread post . I said there are more things and people to complain about than just The US or The American People..You make my point when you say "One area is no better than the other" So the oppisite equally applies.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

One word.

Switzerland.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join