It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America The most Hated Country on The Planet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What most people fail to understand, and will never understand for a very long time, is we are all indivduals. How anyone can say they hate a country, or hate the chinese, americans, french, english etc is just a tribal way of looking at things. You will find that its the governemnts around the world who are bad people, and yes, they are bad.

They brainwash us with a sense of patrioism for your country, which means people will do anything, or mostly anything for their country. If only people had the same patrioism for the planet, instead of countries

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I would say that the people who control what this country does and says are responsible for our view across the globe, and they have done a poor job doing so. However Americans are great people, very giving and caring as many peoples across the world are, and in some cases im sure exceed there expectations when it come to helping others in need.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

But tell me, if American military might is so powerful and we keep intervening every time we want to or when the U.N. asks, why do the wars keep continuing to happen?

Because it's part of human nature. Get it? They are wars right now going in Somalia and parts of Africa that does not concern the United States. Most of Africa was Europeans mess. You speak some non-sense gibberish.

The Bosnian war started when Yugoslavia broke up after communist rule broke down. Nothing to do with the USA.

I get it very well, thank you. Let other countries have their wars. The world will continue to turn if we don't step into ANY of them. Bring our men and women back home to defend our borders, offer the big corperations tax incentives that they can't refuse so they bring every bit of their companies back to the U.S. where they were in the first place, and get OUR people back to work so our currency means something on the world stage again.

If all of these things happen I can guarentee that the world will stop hating/pitying us, the Muslims won't care about us anymore just like it was 100 years ago, and people can start focusing all their hatred toward Isreal again.

It's all very simple really.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
because usa is the most genocidal nation on earth, hence it is hated.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

The issue, I don't believe lie with the people themselves, but lies with the US government. Always sticking their big nose where it doesn't belong in the name of profit. Being from Canada I know for a fact people from the US are pretty much the same as Canadians. And it's a shame you're getting a bad rep because of profiteering war mongers. If Canadians don't do anything, we will be in the same boat before long. These wars for profit need to stop now.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I would vote Israel as the most hated.

As much as people here will go off all day long on how bad and evil America is, people are still convinced there is some giant "zionist" scheme going on.

Israel oppresses the Palestinians, the Rothchilds run the world (lols), Jews are really satan worshipers and on and on. Its amazing what some people believe. Oh, and of course it cant be USA, since the Jews run the US.

edit on 6-9-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't know if America is the most hated country on the planet, but if that were so, I can certainly see why. As an American, I get to witness daily the attributes that make America the grand darling of hate that she is. For example:

Egocentric people and arrogance on an unmatched level. It's all about us, us, us. Not a day goes by where I don't hear someone say something like "we are the greatest country in the world" and basically thumb their noses at the rest of the world. Famine in another country? Forget them- we have to feed our own children (even though a majority of households end up wasting food on a daily basis and simply throwing it in the trash). A bad day for us is when we are driving in our Mercedes and someone cuts us off with their gas guzzling SUV. An inconvenience for us is when we can't find our favorite brand of cereal at the local grocery store.

Extreme intolerance. Any time another country does something we as Americans do not approve of, the first thing I hear coming out of the mouths of the uneducated people sitting around the dinner table is "bomb them" or "we really need to just go in there and take over." Illegal immigrants? Send them all home, because all we care about is jobs, jobs, jobs (even though we gladly support illegal immigrants working in America by purchasing the cheaper services of companies that utilize them). Muslims? To hell with them all. These are not extremists that are blowing people up- it is a part of the entire Muslim religion. Blow them all up! Harass all of their mosques.

Extreme hate. We have a nation where people go around wearing Christianity on their shoulders, yet they will be the first to judge people and will be the first to call for the immediate execution of someone or suggest that they go through some type of "torture". The last time I checked, Jesus did not preach "an eye for an eye".

Mindless sponsoring of the materialistic, rich and famous lifestyle and idolizing Hollywood shmucks. I could go on for a while but these are just some of the things that come to mind. Honestly, the world could go to hell in a hand basket and most of us Americans would not care as long as it doesn't inconvenience us. But cause gas to go up $1 a gallon, and the whole country will b#tch and complain.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As an American I will say this:

Please excuse the OP and others who may seem arrogant or delusional because they think the US is the best country and why is everyone picking on us... This is a common phenomena because here in this country that is what we are taught, no, PROGRAMMED and BRAINWASHED to believe from birth, and as awake and aware even those on this site seem to think they are, pieces of the programming is still intact and still quite effective.

Now before I'm hauled out behind the shed and beat with electrical cords, let me also say that I don't think there's anything wrong with being a proud American, but just don't be naive. Patriotism runs deep and is deeply symbolic and emotional for a reason, some good and some bad. It is a tool used to divide an conquer and we all need to be aware of when our patriotism is being used for such a purpose.

We are humans living on planet Earth. We come from different areas of that planet, but that fact does not make one area better than any other. Americans can help change the rest of the worlds perception of us by keeping the arrogance in check... The government is arrogant enough.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well I actually am quite a fan of America . You got there a full house of the Best whistleblowers, down-to-earth spritual people and all around geniouses.

It's quite shame that the majority of Americans haven't woken up to their words. YET. Just listen to the bright ones and don't let them to be killed all the time like John F. Kennedy, Luther King Jr. 'et all.

America is like this BIG lighthouse, waving it's different colours of spectrum around the world. Brightest is the bright and blackest is the black.

You guys need a little boost for your self-confidence. Quite a rought decade to be American. We're on the same boat here dudes! Hearty cheers from the Europe!
edit on 6-9-2011 by Frustrated84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When your the best, people tend to hate you. One word. Jealousy.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Americans who talk in those terms ("it's the best county in the world") tend be affiliated with the US military in some capacity... I would know, I served and that type of hyperbole is buck wild in those circles. That said, I love my country but I'm mature enough to know it's not the best or the greatest, as those are relative terms.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Jason88 because: changed person i replied to as other member is banned...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Truthfully, I don't care what other people think about MY country. I've got that patriotic pride because I don't have a guilty conscience. That's a huge problem why there's no TRUE patriotism anymore. Every American has either a guilty conscience that makes them think they have give back to the world because America has done so much bad or they feel entitled because they're Americans, they think the world owes them everything.

I've got no guilty conscience nor the entitlement complex. I have a love for the country I live in. It's no different than an Iraqi loving his home country or a Chinese person loving their home country. To me, it has nothing to do with the government. At least not until you scratch the surface, but it's too complicated to base my patriotism on that.

I live in America. This is a country that was founded on breaking away from oppression to be able to live in a country that allows the freedom of personal expression and the ability to live how you like and it still exists to this day regardless of the BS you have to wade through to see it. I love this country because it's my own. And I believe in what the forefathers believed when they created this country and some day America will revert back to it's roots and we will once again be a thriving melting pot that will accept the hungry, tired and poor.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
America is still a young country compared to other nations that have been around for thousands of years. Give it another 300 years or so and i'm sure someone else will pick up the slack from there.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by BAZ752

Well thank you. BTW I commend you for such a well thought out post that means no more to me than the thread means to you.And one more thing. Take some time to relax cause you sound like your ready to pop!!

Learn your counsel, chap. Then, come and talk to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I had to create this thread because it seem so much is being said about The US and The American people in such a hateful, condeming way on here so much of the time.The sad thing is that I don't know why so much is focused on The US and The American People.. Are we the only people on earth with issues? Is there no other country to spread some of the attention to? Thx for your input..

I do not come to "Above top Secret" to confirm my beliefs. Although the United States may have many flaws, the world still envies our country's accomplishments.

I do not care about what other nations or people think.

What is important is how I feel about my country.

Period.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is such a fundamentally interesting question that I ponder over regularly. How is possible that the country with the first constitution guaranteeing personal liberties become literally the most hated country in the world?

I don't hate America. I love it. Never been there. But how can I hate a country that produced Robert Johnson, Creedence, J.J. Cale, Al Pacino, Coppola, Jim Jarmusch, Easy Rider, JAZZ!!!... an endless list of accomplishment and contributions that will last for ever. And not just art. Everything. From economics, to science, technology, space-travel, name it. America has been on the fore-front each and every time.

America is or has been the biggest boiling pot of creativity mankind has ever witnessed. With it come extremes and the extremes are the foreign policy for example. The American Empire. A filthy cesspit of lies, propaganda, oppression, death and destruction.

I guess America also and especially nowadays, at least that is my perception from over here(Europe), has a general proclivity to act as a massively dumb and ignorant nation of careless and spoiled people. Like it's totally immature at each level. A lack of sensitivity, empathy and consideration for others and the consequences of ones actions.

Extremes. It all seems to be about extremes. When Europe rests with large, America will have Extra-large, and then Extra-Extra Large. These extremes go into all directions. And destruction is very much one of them.

Like someone mentioned before in this topic. America needs to cool it's jets. Very much so.

Unfortunately Europe is becoming more and more Americanized, joining on the regular plundering tours around the globe. We need a definite change of mentality here too. Well we are more like America's little bitch. Basically that's pretty spot on.

edit on 6-9-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

America.. why everyone hates it.. According to many of you, your country has won every war and doesnt need any help but you lost to vietnam, your invading countries that don't want you there and they fight back you call them terrorists, you think you are the centre of the world. You think too mighty of yourselves, you worship a flag.. the list is endless.. The english hate you for friendly fire against us, most of the world hate you for war involved reasons.. You are bullys and no one likes bullys.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Doesn't matter, fact is most hate is fueled by envy and jealousy, so hate on, haters!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

no guilt huh?.. America uses most of the worlds resources making other countries suffer..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
Doesn't matter, fact is most hate is fueled by envy and jealousy, so hate on, haters!

But I love you! I really do! Just stop bombing me .. will you please? lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join