It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America The most Hated Country on The Planet?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I would guess that the majority of people on this forum are Amrican? No?
If there is a lot of negativity towards America does that give an insight?

I dont hate America! But, there are some things that really annoy me!

You're the greatest country in the world? Really? Even if you were, why would you think I want to hear that constantly?

Americans arent stupid (every county has stupid people). though why is there that misconception?

That fact that the U.S has been in a conflict every year since WW2?

The U.S goes in to middle eastern countries to rid them of their leaders because of their inhumanitarian treatment of their people....but not in Africa?
And it has NOTHING to with oil....

How about installing puppet governments in other countries? Who gives the U.S (CIA) the authority to do this?

The U.S government....shady at best, like most, but yours gets more coverage

The feeling I get from this forum at times is 'everyone hates the U.S because of our freedoms, they just want to be like us'....Look, most of the things I read about on ATS is about you're freedoms being stripped from you on a regular basis! No country is perfect but I think there are some delusional peope out there.

The level of brainwashing and fear-mongering on U.S TV is also astounding! That coupled with the manipulation of the media to such an extent that people are really starting to notice it sours people on the U.S

At the end of the day I believe no one really wants to see the U.S go down the tubes as most of the things people dont like about the U.S is instigated by 'the few at the top'

I love you all!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
We are hated because of what we stand for. Mainly for being one of the biggest christian nations in the world so that is why the muslims hate us. Other countries dont have the freedoms we have so they are envious of us.
edit on 6/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The U.S government....shady at best, like most, but yours gets more coverage

Our Politicians are bad criminals and felony stupid

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
For all of those that like the US of A cheers!

For all of those that don't I offer you this toast in its stead..

Here's to you and here's to me.

I hope we never disagree.

If we do, then f*ck you, here's to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
WOW. The ignorance in this thread blows me away.

Simply by Americas foreign policy, the World has every reason to hate America. America kills people at will, ruins economies, topples rulers, tortures, rapes, plunders and murders as bad as ANY country in history. And we do it more and more every day. We grow the drugs, ships them into the USA, and then put our own citizens in jail for drugs the government grew and brought into the USA. Americans are MORE delusional than the Germans right before WW2.

America is the most corrupt and Evil country in the world. Even China who is horrible to it's people, doesn't match America is spreading death abroad at all, not even close. Only England has as much history with this, but let's face it, America never left the banker nest.

Looking back on the millions and millions America has killed in the last few decades, including war and vaccines and on and on, the number skyrockets! America is the great killer, and accelerating the program! It's getting worse! Unbelievable!

How do Americans live with themselves?

Oh yeah..... Denial.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527

Other countries dont have the freedoms we have so they are envious of us.

A fine example of complete indoctrination and propaganda.

Those 'other countries' are just as free (if not more after the Patriot Act) than Americans. Pay us a visit sometime and we can prove it to you - stop listening to the propaganda and lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Oh dear...this old chestnut again, eh? As impartial as I try to remain through this little ''handbag flinging'' affair, the fact is, this discussion is absolute bollocks and you, OP, need to take responsibility for such a poorly constructed thread. Use ATS search facility and you will find countless threads almost identical to this one showing the very same type of responses.

Ultimately we're all tribal (none moreso than Britain to be more historically factual on the matter), and so, by default we naturally associate ourselves with some tribal origin, nation, or whatever collective term you wish to use. What comes with tribalism, is identity, it's natural for humans to do this.

Had you been born in the USA but moved to say, Scotland (purely by example) as a young baby and your parents never told you of your of actual birthplace and therefore you assumed you were naturally Scottish (or Celtic) how would you feel toward the USA then? Identity is merely a faction or product of our environment.

A few other members on here need to learn their counsel before preaching about what constitutes historical entitlement among nations.

US patriotism, yes, I get that but the vast majority of caucasion Americans come from the same european lines as the rest of us. I'm a hybrid of nordic, viking, celtic and anglo-saxon descent. I am a Briton by genetic identity...and that doesn't mean I wear a bowler hat and say ''taddley-ho ole' chap'' now does it? Perspective is a wonderful thing.

The answer to your question, OP, is; no, it's a beautiful country with some of the most incredible, fascinating and diverse landscapes on the planet. Like any nation it posesses all types of people loved and loathed, don't flatter yourself too much will you?

edit on 6-9-2011 by BAZ752 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

First of all, it is not fair to say that what happened to me could not possibly of happen! I was there, and I was sharing my experience with being in Europe and being treated like scumb. If that didn't happen to you then fine, good for you. I did not like France.
I didn't mention it in my previouse post, but when I went to the Dominican Republic for some misson work there, the people were so happy to see Americans, they were pulling at our arms and clothes when we arrived in the village. A man even tried to give my dad a goat and land in trade for me! They LOVED us there and I never has a problem. My point is, each person has a different experience when they go overseas to other countries. Some places love you, others hate you. But to say I am wrong about what happend to me.....you weren't there and Prauge is NOT the same as Paris, no comparison.

edit on 6-9-2011 by lilowl53 because: I am so mad, I made freakin' typos!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Has it ever dawned on people like you that if we would simply butt out of other countries' business that we wouldn't have foreign intersts to pprotect in the first place?

Has it ever dawned on people like you that while Japan is one of the MAJOR world players, they don't have the problems we do because the only reason they have a military is to protect their own boders?

Has it ever dawned on people like you that maybe.......just maybe, we make problems overseas so we can come in like a knight in shining armour and save the day?

We're only 235 years old, but people think that the whole world would go down the #ter if we didn't exist.

The world did just fine for thousands of years without an American government, and would do even better now without one IMO.

So you saying Opium wars, Franco-Prussian War, WW1, WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War. first Iraq War, Bosnian, Communism, Kosovo War were all U.S faults? No it doesn't matter there would stil lbe wars. Even before the United States was born, they were thounsands of wars in Europe. People said that same thing abotu Britain and Rome that the world wouold be better withouth them.

Exactly my point. There will be wars with or without an American government. But tell me, if American military might is so powerful and we keep intervening every time we want to or when the U.N. asks, why do the wars keep continuing to happen? You would think that if we were such bad a**es then other countries would be totally put off by the possibility of us intervening that they wouldn't start s*it in the first place. But that obviously doesn't happen now does it?

Kinda makes you wonder why doesn't it?

The fact of the matter is that common people the world over do not NEED governments to lead them. If you can wake up, put your clothes on and eat all by yourself, you don't need a government. You just think you do because that's the way it has always been throughout your lifetime and, being the good little sheep that you are, you don't question it and blindly take what you are given.

If Rome, G.B. and the U.S. fell tomorrow, the world would be much better off.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

But tell me, if American military might is so powerful and we keep intervening every time we want to or when the U.N. asks, why do the wars keep continuing to happen?

Because it's part of human nature. Get it? They are wars right now going in Somalia and parts of Africa that does not concern the United States. Most of Africa was Europeans mess. You speak some non-sense gibberish.

The Bosnian war started when Yugoslavia broke up after communist rule broke down. Nothing to do with the USA.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
America CANNOT be the most hated county in the world. How do I know...Senator Obama told me that if he got elected he would hope and change and America would be loved. President Obama is always right....anybody want a coke...the Pres is buying and giving away singing leasons?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

It has much to do with our use of the military and policing the rest of the world.

People realize that we did the same thing to the Native Americans in forming this nation.

Kill the people who stood and fought, and take away their natural resources to profit the elite.

Look at the date/year in which California gained statehood....immediately after Gold was discovered in 1848.

Now we carry out this same agenda worldwide.....there always seems to be some OIL or other natural resources hidden behind that democracy we're bringing to these nations.

And exactly why we have such economic disparity amongst Americans with the Wealthiest 2% of Americans possessing the majority of the nation's wealth.

The remaining lower classes are left to die homeless on the streets if need be.

Ask any Iraqi citizen how that Good Ol' USA Democracy is working out for them ?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I would say yes although Israel runs it close.

Sucks for the population of the US because no matter who they elect, the country will just become more and more hated over time as the war machine spreads.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
One Love.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, I think we are close runner up to Israel.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
Mainly for being one of the biggest christian nations in the world so that is why the muslims hate us. .
edit on 6/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

Funny, I don't see the same 'Muslim' attitude towards many of the nations in Africa or South America smh

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm canadian and i can clearly make a difference between american citizen and american government. Americans are probably the most manipulated nation in the world. (tv, medias etc...)

American government is everywhere in the world. Everywhere where it can make money. Example: Rwanda Genocide... no money to make, they don't care. Libye, ho wow, much petrol!!!!

Until Harper i was proud to be a canadian, we were respected in the world and we were looked like a peaceful nation.That's the reason i can easily make the difference between the people and the government. I think the same for all nation in the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I hate some of America's actions in the world but the most important part is the people.

Like everywhere, there are good and bad people in America.

The whole idea of hating a country doesn't really make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I don't think so for the fact that when I bitch about our country the first people to stick up for America are the immigrants. Not Mexicans but Kenyans, Bosnian, Sudanese, Serbs, Russians, etc. These people truly know what it means to have no rights and freedoms so I believe it irks them when we complain. But they are also (a lot of the time) the ones who prefer a welfare state. This is what I have come across personally and do not speak for everyone.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Well thank you. BTW I commend you for such a well thought out post that means no more to me than the thread means to you.And one more thing. Take some time to relax cause you sound like your ready to pop!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join