It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America The most Hated Country on The Planet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As americans, we have been taught that everything that comes from america is the best, we do not think any other language is worth learning and generally treat others as inferior.

Let me ask you this, how many europeans work all of their lives to be able to afford a ford sedan? And why is the Mercedes the official vehicle of success in america? What are these domestic products that are so great that americans are so proud of?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
We probably are the most hated, we are also the most loved. Yeah, hate it or love it.. We are that guy.

Our nation has definately had it's share of bully moments and stupid decisions. We have also sacrificed for rightous ideals a few times, been more charitable than the rest of world combined during the last 100 years and stood steadfastly at the side of our most beloved allies.

If you got the shaft we are sorry about that but the world is a nasty place and we are just looking to keep our spot at the top. Hopefully everyone seeks to be a super power, it's a pretty neat gig. It's not all cookies and ice cream though... Sometimes reality trumps ideals and the implications of being a nice guy are worse than those of being a pushy jerk.

Love us or hate us, you gotta admit, it's been one heck of a show thus far and in true American fashion we say, It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.. and we have almost cornered the market on fat ladies.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
been more charitable than the rest of world combined during the last 100 years

Do you have some evidence of this? I find this incredibly hard to believe.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
America makes the most noise and constantly demands that we all listen.
They NEVER admit to their mistakes, ever.
They are always sticking their nose into business that they have no right to, and making bad situations worse.
American media 'infects' every tv, radio, newspaper and p.c in every country on earth.
Americans constantly make fun of every other nation on earth in a way that they think is clever and witty but is actually very offensive and inaccurate ( The Simpsons do this ALOT!)
America always tries to justify their mistakes which only serve's to compound them and make the gov look selfish and arrogant.
The people of America always fail to rein in their government and military but still try to convince the world that they are all about freedom and democracy.
America says they are about freedom and democracy yet they prevent other nations from choosing their own ways of governance.
America says they are about freedom and democracy yet they erode the rights of their own people.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Americans are egotistical and narcissistic, believing themselves to be the centre of everything, the most this or the best that.
America thinks it is the keystone of all civilisation and that the world will fall apart if they do.
American people are just as fanatical and mindlessly patriotic as the 'terrorists'
America labels anyone who doesn't like them as 'terrorists' and then proceeds to carpet bomb entire nations all the while failing to recognize that they are far more intimidating and terrifying then the ones they label terrorists.
America labels anyone who cannot field a conventional army as cowards just because they use sneaky tactics to stay in the 'game'

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
America treats it ally's like they are their little prison bitch.
America continues to push a heavily flawed system of goverment that they call a democracy but is more a cross between a Theocracy and an inhuman, heartless, souless corporation.
Most Americans continue to defend their nation despite the fact that they complain themselves, believing loyalty to be more important then doing what is right.
American goverment only pays lip service to their fighting men then treats them like disposable crap.
American citizens act like a battered housewife concerning their gov and police then condem other gov's for doing the same thing.

For the love of god rise up and overthrow your goverment before they destroy the entire world.
Defend your dignity while you have it.
Stop demanding that you are a proud nation when the ship is sinking.
The golden days are over. emmigrate while you can. come to australia or northern europe or canada but leave your guns and your holier then thou attitudes behind.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Fiberx
been more charitable than the rest of world combined during the last 100 years

Do you have some evidence of this? I find this incredibly hard to believe.

I'm pretty sure the USA has donated more lead at high speed than any other country

I think the donations of depleted uranium may also be record setting WRT the rest of the world.

Either way, I don't think people actually hate the American populace.....Just comments coming from Americans like "Greatest country in the world"

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Nope.. well maybe our govt., but American people are loved most of the world over.
If you go to Europe people will be love you. French people even love us Americans while so many brainwashed Americans dis the French for no reason.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This reminds me of my high school trip to Paris and Normandy. We were told by our tour guide that it would be in our best intrest to say we were from England. No one really understood what he ment untill a group of us went into a cafe to eat lunch, the owner asked us where we were visiting from and one of the other kids blurted out AMERICA! He took our plates away, threw us out and spit on us! It happened several times over the course of the week by different people, on the metro and in hotels. My group figured it out and when asked where we came from England was always our anwser. Sad.
Same thing happened when my nephew went to China last year. He was treated like crap by EVERYONE. Being American means being hated. We barge into a country and take take take and butt rape untill we're raw and then get the heck out leaving them worse than they were before. We need to stay in our own country and stay the heck out of everyone's bussiness. "Oh but we need oil for our big giant cars!" Buy a freakin bike and quit crying! HAHA, The whole thing makes me grumpy.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well till they grow a set and do something about it besides flame us from keyboards, I`m not worried what they think. I live here and stand behind my countries military.

but then some of those people need to look in the mirror for their country is right there along with us doing this war thing.

And for those countries we are at war with get your terrorist under control and keep them in your own back yard and we won`t have to deal with you or them. Poke the bear and you`ll get bit.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Everyone wants to come to america and party and live free like the americans ..

This is what annoys me. The assumption by many Americans that this can't happen elsewhere in the world - only in America.

Excuse me, but I can do that in my own country thankyou - last time I checked we are just as free as you, as are most other western countries.

you can do that in your own country ... but remember all the trends fads and phases in your country are just back logged american influences...

heance why the kids all wanna learn english ?

heance why the music , fashion , reality tv shows people watch are american

its because everyone wants to be american , todays teens all over the world clearly show that ...

nobody wants to be a german , or italian , or greek , or afghan , on hindu

everyone is shooting for the american dream and freedom ?

i know it sucks espically if your not from america to have such a global impact

but thats the reality of it ...once you pull your ego out your rear you will quickly realize that...

i was not born in america , live in america , but i can still accept reality ...

party all you want in your country but just remember the american influence behind it

Speaking of egos.....

English from America ? lol.
Fashion from America ? lol.

I'll give you credit on reality TV shows, you are responsible for the dumbing down of the world through crap TV.

"nobody wants to be a german , or italian , or greek , or afghan , on hindu "

I would pick any one of those, quite happily, over being American.

You claim to be the land of the free, yet from my quiet little house in rural New Zealand, it looks to me like your idea of freedom and mine are at opposite ends of the scale.

You do realise you are one of, if not the, most policed country in the world ?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

...I can honestly say I don't believe any of this.
The drummer of my band lived in Prague for a summer and has traveled Europe several times. He said everyone was exceptionally nice and even started dating a German girl. I myself took two years of Chinese and was loved by my teachers and several people from my class visited China and stayed with our teachers and they were treated fantastic buy everyone they met. I chinese shop keeper offered one of them a crazy amount of money for the levi's they were wearing.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

Just ignore people like this.. one thing I hope our foreign friends understand is any thread like this usually attracts the worst "Americans."

Our European friends come here and go to huge gun festivals with us so they can shoot machine guns and all the wild stuff they can't at home.. then they return the favor in kind and take us to Amsterdam.

That my friend is a good foreign policy.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

No doubt, I've met plenty of really great Americans in my travels
I didn't mean to tar you all with the same brush.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

America is like marmite your iver like it or hate it. Personally I like it but some of the people need to be hung in public, What I cant get over is it's only 234 years old, I work in a pub that's older then your country and the city were I live was made in 71 ad by the Romans lol it's York by the way very nice city, I think you lot just need a time out, just stand back take a few seconds to think and ask you selves what you hate about it, because your only going to get peeved with people saying nasty things. Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Accidentally disected this warmongers post the wrong way so that it looks like one quote. sorry bout that.

Originally posted by Connman
Well till they grow a set and do something about it besides flame us from keyboards, I`m not worried what they think. I live here and stand behind my countries military.

grow a set??? so you just want to pick fights, no peace just war?

but then some of those people need to look in the mirror for their country is right there along with us doing this war thing.

Yeah because if we didn't you'd be destroying our country as well

And for those countries we are at war with get your terrorist under control and keep them in your own back yard and we won`t have to deal with you or them. Poke the bear and you`ll get bit.

You get attacked because you anger and frighten people with your cowboy's and indians attitude,

You are the kind of American that everyone hates so much because you are incapable of decency, kindness, respect and humility.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Raivan31 because: messed up the quote.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm shure next year there stoping that for tourists and only allowing the locals to be legal

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Interestingly enough my friends and I were having a talk about this just last night.
Americans are generally super polite people. In other countries, like Germany the people come off to us as kind of harsh and rude, but it's not because that is the case It's because a lot of euro countries think that being overly polite seems fake, so they are very blunt.

I think the tough talking cowboy 'Muricans are the minority here.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

The uk has the most security cam's lol we don't need police coz we have you on tape! Lol so funny

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Haha.. I don't know if a "machine gun festival" is a festival the government will want to lay the law down on.
Seriously, scope out some of the festivals in Kentucky. You literally just pay an entry fee and pay for ammo and you can shoot the most insane weapons at old cars and etc. I've yet to go to one, but I've been thinking about it.
I mean they let kids shoot them so I would say Europeans will be welcomed for years to come.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join