It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Elenin or Nibiru

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

The object in the video had a motion that was fast enough to be clearly seen (toward the horizon). It looks like a plane. It is being viewed generally from behind, so it's motion may not seem as fast as a plane seen overhead, but it has a very noticeable motion never the less.

A supernova would not have such a fast apparent motion. It would appear to move only as fast as the Sun or only as fast as the background of stars in the night sky.

So, no -- I don't think this looks like a supernova. It's much more likely that it is a contrail of a plane flying toward the horizon, because it looks exactly like a contrail of a plane flying toward the horizon.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jward01
reply to post by foundthetruth

Looks like an Asteroid or Meteor to me. The two tails look like there being made from entering the atmosphere. Its MUCH to small to be Nibru or Elenin

Two tails are made from comets in space from outgassing and solar wind, I never saw a meteor trail have a split trail, just one sometimes long trail. BTW asteroids can be much larger than comets, from the very descriptions comets have not been observed to have a large diameter of 50 km, where large asteroids can be hundreds of kilometers in diameter, in fact Vesta has nearly the mass to form spherically. Minimum diameter for a body in space to form a spherical body is said to be around 500 km in diameter. Even the space shuttle reentry burn has the appearance of one trail, mostly due to a much higher altitude than a jetliner contrail, (farther away).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Plane contrail.

The plane is heading away from the camera making the contrail seem shorter than it usually would from another angle, this is also why it seems to diverge more so than other contrails you see - by looking at it 'end on' the way the contrail diverges into two appears exaggerated.

The trail is lit by the setting sun, the youtube video description gives the time the vid was taken and a google search will confirm the time of sunset in Auckland on Aug 27th was exactly around then, this is why the buildings do not appear sunlit but the contrail is, because it's high enough to still get the sun.

The way how the comment starts with 'Same thing, same place' states that this has been seen before here which leads me to believe that this is a regularly scheduled flight out of a nearby airport.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasteel

Exactly:

Here is another one (nearer)

www.youtube.com...

My point: Basically any small cloud / contrail remain can be illuminated by the sun like that.
edit on 6-9-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'd just like to add, with respect to the original question:

This is not Elenin because Elenin is not bright enough to be visible in daylight, and wouldn't look like that anyway if it was.

This is not Nibiru, because to be visible like that Nibiru would have to be visible to huge parts of the earths surface every day, it would be impossible to hide it, not to mention the effects of its supposed gravity.

Nibiru is not anywhere near the real comet Elenin because if it was - going on Nibirus popular descriptions - then it's gravity would have affected the orbits of some of the outer planets (most notably the orbit of Saturn) in ways that would be obvious to every astronomer on earth, this hasn't happened, and is not something that TPTB, NASA, or anyone else for that matter would be able to hide if it was happening.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic
reply to post by Vasteel

Exactly:

www.youtube.com...

My point: Basically any small cloud / contrail remain can be illuminated by the sun like that.

WOW this guy has got it, your video proves it perfectly. Finally the clever guys come along. Pretty much case closed it is a chemtrail.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by foundthetruth

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic
reply to post by Vasteel

Exactly:

www.youtube.com...

WOW this guy has got it, your video proves it perfectly. Finally the clever guys come along. Pretty much case closed it is a chemtrail.

I think these videos (originally posted in this thread by Phage) of contrails of planes flying toward the horizon and into the sunset/sunrise are more similar to the the OP's video:

www.youtube.com...
www.dailymotion.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 9/6/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Sorry I need to clear something up and maybe i have posted in the wrong thread...

I am not suggesting that what is in this video is a supernova, just like I believe it is not Elenin or Nibiru. I am suggesting if you really want to take a look at a subject which could answer the 2nd sun theory, or the planet x theory or doomsday scenario, I believe it may be nothing more than a supernova.

Which makes me think, all these videos on contrails, lense flares and other interesting phenomena have a logical explanation, and most are debunked anyway. I think people are looking for the wrong evidence/answers... We distort so much information, we end up confused and in the end, what the hell are we looking for? Obviously the logical explanation is a meteor, or an airplane... Its not Nibiru or the killer 4km comet called Elenin. Yes a great comet will return in the end of days apparently, but Elenin is not a great comet.

So without being disrespectful to the OP or any other person who continues to fearmonger, I am simply saying I do not buy this topic anymore, simply because any evidence is most likely just BS or has a logical explanation, as for a supernova, they are out there, and from what I have gathered, they have been observed in history which could possibly make it the object or phenomena the ancients have spoken about... Nothing more, nothing less.....
edit on 6-9-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

The other thing is if the information about Supernovas is accurate, you can actually track them back through history and prove, debunk what I'm actually tryig to get across here, with logic.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

"Hmmm..."youth" and "logic". Now, theres an oxy-moron for you. Wisdom comes with age. Youth lacks life-experiences...which is perhaps why you dont understand, but thats ok. However, youthful perceptions aside...this posted response to you barrels off-topic.

Therefore, to get back on the thread issue started by our collegue foundthetruth...I will exerise judgement afforded me by experience, and now exit this thread, yielding to those who wish to discuus the Elenin/Nibiru issue.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join