It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Otherside Of A Universe That Never Ends?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think about this a lot, and it truly is mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If you want to understand the infinity of universe, understand the infinity of mind....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to sweet mystery and anyone else...has god become a catch-all for everything we dont understand?...to me god has. this "where is the otherside of a universe that never ends" question concerning this incomprehensibly vast void, is even beyond god, a god that is a part of it, not it itself. this mystery is the ultimate question begging the ultimate answer...imagine traveling in a spaceship for 100,000,000,000,000 miles! and reaching a certain point where outerspace still looks the same as it did from where you started your voyage! so you now set your crafts controls and journey outwards,determined to find the answer to this grand mystery as you blast away, this time for 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 more miles! and it still looks the same! how can this be? i will find the answer! so you do it again, but this time you travel for an incredibly astounding 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles! and finally! you have reached a different kind of space! a mysterious enclosure filled with light with an opening, you fly within and theres a room filled with purple light, with a bed and a little girl asleep,you hoover in front of her as she awakens,walks across and opens up a window. you fly out that window and into a purple sky as the little girl receeding behind you waves goodbye, deeper and deeper into another outer space you rocket onward and outward with your mind in a neverending blurr of fascination and confusion wondering where was the there that you just left behind? and who was that little girl? is she god? is she an illusion? is she the mirror of my soul? as your odyssey now has brought you a futher 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles! and this time you approach upon a wall of green and yellow stars going nova,you errect your force shield and blast through them and beyond and suddenly find yourself within a snow swept forest! and you look up... into another void...
edit on 6-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't think most people actually believe that the universe goes on forever, most people just believe that it is so big that that is how it appears to us as we can only see so far. If its expanding it obviously doesn't go on forever.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
if its not expanding, its still next to somewhere else, if it is expanding, its expanding into somewhere...to say that its expanding into nothing, into nowhere, is a complete cop-out, which is an unwanted responsibility, because nothing and nowhere are words that dont mean anything, they are excuses for what we dont know, what we dont understand...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hi Blocula,

I so understand you. Yes, I know, it cannot be expanding, because that implies 'into' some existing place.

For me, no its not calling anything I don't understand "God"--- But, I too have have seen exactly what you are describing, and to me That Mysterious Uncaused is not a 'thing' and it is not 'nothing' -- so, since we know this 'impossible' is obviously possible (because we exist, universe exists, there is a 'here' we know that much) then for me to call That Impossible Isness God is alright with me, then I don't get hung up on religions---somehow this realization that you have tapped into, somehow for me, when I first 'saw' this many years ago, It gave me great Peace and Joy and a sense of 'Knowing" that there is Reality here being all this, and being 'something about me' and 'us' and Life---Its like realizing that Life and this Mysterious Unknowable are One and if I am Here and knowing I am, then I just feel very calm and I guess that for me has this Wondrous kind of grace or sacredness to it--- I know, maybe I am just that way, and it does not really matter what we call This Isness. Some scientists now thing we are all Mind, this Universe is like a huge state of Mind, state of Some kind of 'vision' ---but, still that vision must arise out of something that in the end of forever would have to be a being that is a sort Already-ness-Whatever IT Is, to me It obviously got be the One and Only Real Reality that Is---I consider Reality and God to be the same thing. And the word "God' for me is just "this presence that is being 'every thing and every where right here and now---

And then, the possibility of anything and every thing within Its Reality, is endless! Endless dimensions, endless Life, endless universes, fantastic lands and discoveries---humans just have to brake out of the confined thinking and the religions and get out of the limited beliefs, especially our beliefs that there others who are authorities over us---who gave them that position? Its all just labels, and then 'we' bow to those labels--- You are your own authority and Take your power and trust your Self! You are part of this Amazing Living Intelligence that you are Living!

Well, anyway, I just wanted to add all that and to tell you again that you did a great job of explaining a concept that really 'takes us there'---and that is not easy and I think it is very important to 'see' ---

Thanks, SweeetMystery

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Blocula,

I keep thinking about this. I think I found a way to say what I mean. Here goes:

If humans all started to see what you are saying, and get this sense of total Unknowing and admit to this perplexing vision that is absolutely True, you cannot deny This Total Unknowing and Unknown---Well, that would brake the spell of 'beliefs' and when that happens, we would get this sense of freedom from 'thinking we know' when we don't---and freedom within our own Self would give us the fearlessness to speak up and say "the emperors have no cloths on!' If everyone began to see that 'we know nothing' then all the rules, and dogma and beliefs and 'garbage' of belief would just start to dissipate --- We would realize that not any person, none, no one, not the the highest pope or king or ruler or powers that be or Any one knows what's actually going on here and we could just start to really Live totally Free from anyone who or any institutions or organizations that tell us 'they know something that we don't" Ha ha! no they don"t! They cannot know any more than you or me, because its all based on false beliefs-- The Truth is there is No way to Know this Unknown basic premise of "something from nothing' or "how can there be no beginning and no end?" and yet It is so! i just think this unleashed vision, this wonderful insight, this magical glimmer of Truth is our "road to freedom' and joy and happiness and no more controllers and rulers and just total freedom and liberation---its the key to freedom for everyone--- No, really!

Well, maybe that says what I wanted to say --- But I might be back
Oh no!

Love you all, and again, I just think your thread is the best! So exciting and adventurous!

Love, SweetMystery

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i can think of no way that our universe is able to be infinite, because it cant go on forever. forever is an abstraction, a word with with no real meaning.

No more absurd than the idea that it started nowhen and nowhere, because before the Big Bang, there was no "time" nor "location"...

Of course, for all we know, there are countless Universes, and our Big Bang could be one of many...each Universe with it's own time and space contained within, with no other "reality" between them, so we couldn't travel there, even if we had a ship going a million times the speed of light, etc....anymore than we could exit a black hole after getting to the event horizon. (hard to do anything if time stops).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Of course, for all we know, there are countless Universes, and our Big Bang could be one of many...each Universe with it's own time and space contained within...

Well put Gaz -- our "big bang theory" is a great illustration of just how limited our understanding currently is.

Why would there be only one bang? We have discovered that black holes are fairly common place, and assuming that what gave birth to the "big bang" was a sort of "super-duper massive black hole," why wouldn't there be more "super-duper black holes" (sdmbh) floating around out there?

Would also offer an explanation for why (what we call) the universe is expanding...

Imagine, if you will, that there is a critical mass for these sdmbh's. And that every few billion years one of them manages to gobble up enough matter (or encounters another smdbh) to reach this critical mass --- and boom, another "universe" is created.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to sweet mystery...thanx for your very well expressed comments,i read them twice.you are getting to the core of why we are being controlled in the first place..."to keep us away from the truth". i think that the human race was hijacked by something evil long ago and its that same evil that causes us to be dominated by organized religions and governments,who dont want the masses to realize that there exists a reality greater than they are, something and somewhere larger than life. this evil has put us in a spell of greed,lust,drug addiction,ect ect and its why there are endless wars,starvations,genocides,ect,ect,ect. maybe "the atlanteans" for instance existed in "spiritual harmony",until they were invaded and destroyed by dark powers and here we are still under their blinding trance !?!?..."where is the otherside of a universe that never ends"? makes me feel dizzy whenever i think about it,which is every day and it is truly wonderous and amazing to realize that whatever the answer is, wherever the answer is, we are a part of it, we are in it right now, and it does exists out there somewhere and it will turn out to be "the grand unifying theory of everything" that einstein and so many other great minds have tried to figure out...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Whellll I would say, whatcha wanna do is, go up and keep goin, till you see the yield sign for merging into Stratosphere. Keep goin East, past where the sun rises, as the crow flies. Now when ya leave the solar system, don't worry, it will -feel- like you are driving for days and days, (or uh, nights and nights) through Nebraska and Kansas. Finally, you will come up on an intergalactic truck (ufo freighters) stop, called, The Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe. Then you'l be ready to have some fun, mixin and mingling with 'Qs' and Borgs, and the like. Avoid Ferengis at all costs. (Costs! No pun intended...) Thats all.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Whellll I would say, whatcha wanna do is, go up and keep goin, till you see the yield sign for merging into Stratosphere. Keep goin East, past where the sun rises, as the crow flies. Now when ya leave the solar system, don't worry, it will -feel- like you are driving for days and days, (or uh, nights and nights) through Nebraska and Kansas. Finally, you will come up on an intergalactic truck (ufo freighters) stop, called, The Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe. Then you'l be ready to have some fun, mixin and mingling with 'Qs' and Borgs, and the like. Avoid Ferengis at all costs. (Costs! No pun intended...) Thats all.
"follow the yellow brick, follow the yellow brick, follow the yellow brick road"...maybe if we could pull back the curtain of holographic stars,the illusion of endless space that has been draped all around us, that makes us feel helpless and small, the ultimate answer to this ultimate mystery of "where is the otherside of a universe that never ends" would suddenly be revealed?!?! and he would look down at us and say..."pay no attention to that man behind the curtain,i am the great and powerful oz"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It's been said, that the sphere is the most energy efficient shape.
It's seen all over creation.
From the sub atomic, to the macroscopic, the sphere is prevalent.

While having some soup, I was sipping the broth and I decided to dash a bit of pepper.
The pepper floated on top, and it was still a bit hot.
I blew on the broth to cool it down and something dawned on me.
The bowl I was sipping from was round, and as I tilted it to blow on it, I noticed that the roundness of the broth had elongated, into an ellipse.
It returned to a roundness when I leveled the bowl out.
As I continued to blow on the broth, the pepper on the surface followed the path of the breaths upon it.
As a line of pepper formed, it reached the end of the bowl and began to curl around the perimeter, back in on itself.
This worked whether the bowl was distorting the contents or not.

For what ever reason, I thought of the universe in this way.
Maybe space and time reach the end of the sphere and continues to curve back in on itself.
Perhaps the universe itself follows this sphere shape, and like a bubble, tries to maintain the sphere, but can become distorted. The curving still occurs.
You can see this if you blow a soap bubble.
The sphere wobbles and the rainbow makes its way around the curvature of it.
Imagine this not only in 3 dimensions, but in the 4th and higher as well.

Now as the pepper made it's circle around the perimeter, it seemed to speed up, and gain momentum.
By the time it reached it's starting point it slowed back down just in time to make the round again.
Could that account for the notion that the universe is expanding away at an accelerating rate?

Just my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
i could view,see and think about the universe/outerspace from the point of view of a 2 dimensional being,a 3 dimensional being,or a 4 dimensional being,or 5th,6th,7th,8th,9th,or 1 millionth dimension,makes no difference at all. wherever you are ,whatever dimension or universe you are within and loking out into...the same mysterious question will arise..."where does it end" and if somewhere out there happens to be accepted as an end..."its not", because, another somewhere must be on the other side of the perceived end and on the other side of that and on the other side of that and on the other side of that...
when i read and really think about whats written there ^^^ and what it actually means, i feel like i have fallen off the side of a mountain and am free falling through eternity or like the astronaut in "2001 a space odyssey" during the mind massaging, brilliantly colored, surrealistic odyssey of sights and sounds during the "stargate sequence" which is to me, the most visually amazing scene ever filmed in the history of motion pictures,thanx to stanley kubrick
edit on 7-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I believe the best way to get to the other side of an infinite existence is through it. You can't go around it, you can't go under or over it. You have to go through it!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Ive always looked at it in a very weird way. This might be hard to explain as it is just a random thought. Okay so lets say we have blood cells etc. If they were smart being that could communicate would like our hear be a giant planet to these cells? Okay then you take everything in us. They think our body if infinite and probably wouldnt have a clue where we end. Then you have us. We are on earth. Earth is huge and at a time we thought it was flat turns out it wasnt. Then we look out and discover huge planets huge suns etc. Okay so what if we are just smaller cells inside a much larger object or something? lol I cant explain it to much thought. I am only good at this kind of thought involved today and far to tired. Wish I could explain my random thought better.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I like to think of it like this:

There cannot be a boundary to the empty space in the universe, since if there was anything past that boundary would have to be not empty space aka matter.

It is possible that a finite amount of matter/energy was produced in the big bang, resulting in a finite amount of matter/energy inside of an infinite amount of space.

Much like how a tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear does not produce any sound, whatever empty space cannot be experienced by some consciousness does not really exist.

Thoughts/criticisms?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a tree falling,a rock breaking off a ledge or anything else does produce sound,even if theres no one there to hear it... and i have perceived of the moons,planets,stars and galaxies,the comets,quasars,pulsars and black holes as being the protons,neutrons,electrons,the atomic structure and even the diseases within some vast living entities body! and maybe the earth and humans,everything that earth is,are the living dreams and nightmares of this very possibly real and incomprehensibly huge entity. but,there still remains an even more bizzare question! if this vast and gargantuas entity or entities exist,where are they? where do they live? how masssive and strange is the world or dimension they live in? are they alone? do they eat and breathe? do they see us? are they even aware of us? do they cry our rain? do they sleep on a blanket of snow? for we all know outer space is frozen cold and when this entity or entities look up and around themselves,do they also ask the same mysterious question?...where is the otherside of a universe that never ends? what happens when one of these entities is born?...a big bang? and what would happen if and when they die?...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Waiter! Whats this universe doing in my soup!

So, if God decided to do a galactic reboot, he would be like the 'soup nazi' on Seinfeld. "No more soup for you! Get out!"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
and our entire universe could be a single atom within another universe, that is a single atom within yet another universe, that is again a single atom within even another universe, which itself could be just a drop of water falling from the eye of god, who cries when looking down on us and who looks up and asks...where is the otherside of a universe that never ends?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join