It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proto-Sumerian origin on text on a statue discovered in Peru! The riddle of the monolith of the Poko

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

It's all very very exciting.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
this changes the history books as we know them.

is it possible that ancient civilizations were at the level we are now and somehow they collapsed (nuke war???) and we are repeating what they've been through. Who knows how many times and for how long this has been happening with our planet as the only witness of it all.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

I'm not mocking your thread, but in that picture on our right, right above and below where the square w/the word "faces" is located... that whole area looks like Chucky Cheese's face w/head & ears

I wish I could trace it but ...."me don't know how"

Nice thread though

edit on 9/6/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
The biggest shame is that modern Mankind was robbed of vital historically advanced technology by the Spanish Inquisition when they wiped out most of the history of The Mayans, Incas and Aztecs. They destroyed Temples, stone tablets and entire cities and civilizations. All in the name of some bullcrap fairy tale that is the biggest lie ever told. ~SheopleNation

You are right.... You are absolutely right!

After the burning of the Ancient Library of Alexandria, in Egypt... the destruction of all the evidences of an ancient and common history of mankind was the first duty!

And I know who is the guilty: THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH.

Maybe, in the secret vault under the Vatican we can find something more interesting than this statue......
edit on 7-9-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Importantly, the 'writing' on the object is clearly very recent and has been etched or scratched on the surface of an older object.

Such possibilities are why peer reveiews and independent validations are necessary for any extraordinary sounding claim to be valid.

While it is not difficult to dismiss this claim, what is difficult to dismiss is the claim of some scientists that they found evidence of coc aine and tobacco (not know to be grown outside the Americas before the Europeans "discovered" the Americas) in the mummies of Egypt. While different scientists, none of whose integrity was suspect, published such findings, one would have thought more people would have done similar research precisely becuase they challenge conventional notions and either confirmed them or dismissed them as errors. What is intriguing is that little further research has been done.

Peru is also on the opposite side of the Americas so if the proto-Sumerians were to get there in their imaginary ships, they'd be travelling some 7000 miles and crossing the S American landmass to get there. Alternatively, they could go the other way round which would total nearer to 17000 miles by sea.

The Vikings, Norsemen and Columbus travelled much less further with the height of technology and we are led to believe that some pre-bronze age villagers had beaten them by 7000 years? Not likely.

That's funny reason to dismiss the possibility. Ancient Greeks were scientifically more advanced than their descendents a few millennia later. There is no reason why knowledge and technologies cannot be lost. Sure, a lot more evidence is needed than one artifact or presence of some alkaloids to conlcude that they did, but genuine evidence is sufficient to suspect that they did.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

burning of the Ancient Library of Alexandria Caesar
burning of the Ancient Library of Alexandria Caesar

Burnt many times after Caesar.
Here is part of the run down:

As Christians gained dominance in the region, they felt uncomfortable with pagan temples full of pagan documents. In 391 AD, Theophilus, the patriarch of Alexandria, urged a mob to destroy the temple at Serapis, presumably at the same time destroying whatever books were left in the daughter library. This was hailed as a great victory of the Christians over the pagans.

The final fire was in 645 AD, when the Moslem caliph Omar conquered Egypt. The story is that Omar was asked what to do about the books in the library, and gave the reply: "If the books agree with the Koran, they are not necessary. If they disagree, they are not desired. Therefore, destroy them." According to tradition, the scrolls were used as fuel to provide hot water for the soldiers' baths for six months.

link

The problem of thinking there is lost information has destroyed the fact that anything
good was most likely in private hands already and as usual the library would be stocked
with information deemed harmless by the elite rulers.

Check out the Lyne rundown of confiscated books on technology in many of his publications
to see how it all works. The Moray generators still worked after he needed a privately held
publication of his own work no longer available in public libraries. We are talking overunity here
perhaps rediscovered from ancient times that is prevented by removal of library books.
Today the Department of Commerce discourages the overseas shipping of these generators.

see the situations here

Say for instance the location and means of acquiring gold or their shipment or any
fantastic device would be withheld from any library. The design of the common roof
for the peasants might not be available as well. Newton's roofing specification was revised
after too many insurance claims for wind damage caused a strengthen of the factors.
Privately held documents way out number any library in human impact. When library
restrictions were eased at Los Alamos some one took notes and published how to
make an atomic bomb. That was a very restricted library and perhaps done to embarrass
the Carter decision which now caused Bush or the president involved to clamp down on the
resources. A very private library.

Based on the lack of even reading the books we have now the tales of Velikovsky are
never given official blessings as the elite rulers of science without observation clamped
down on Velikovsky's work of reading what people observed. The works of electrical
scientist observations of Tesla are in elite hands now and nothing is given the official
blessings for study. We would have no advantage even if we had every library for all
ages still intact.
ED: Moray generators use a stone available to the ancients and perhaps used
in inventions unknown to us but some how Dr. Moray finds a way to use the
stone again to generate electricity. A perfect example of 'lost' knowledge
found or used again.

edit on 9/7/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
reply to post by speaknoevil07

There would still be wars. It's human nature...

While petty squabbles are in Human nature...Wars are not. They have been instigated (by whipping up emotion - "patriotism," for example, as in "Our country was attacked! (by Us in Our false flag operation, but You don't need to know THAT...)" - so that the war suppliers can make money. No war? No money for Them.

If one farmers field stopped yielding for some reason, or if the well went dry, or draughts, famine or other tragedies occurred, making it impossible for him to feed his family, he would then do whatever it takes to get what he needs. If it meant conquering a weaker farmers better yielding land, then he would do it, in the name of survival.

Survival and war are two different things.

There will always be conflict and war.

Only in scarcity. Should We release plenum energy into public access, We would find Ourselves in abundance with no need for money. Money just represents meaningful energy expended, and replacing money with what it represents leaves money moot.

We, humans act the way we do because we are imperfect.

Relative to what?

No big deal, that's just the way we are.

No... That is the way We have been taught. "War is good! It brings jobs and money..."

Yes, I believe there is a planned suppression of our freedoms and intelligence that doesn't make our situation any better. But, in the end we need to accept responsibility for our own actions and what is our human nature. If we are ever going to make a positive change we need to start right there.

I am all for accepting responsibility. But for the most part, Humanity has been led by the nose by a very few. It is less "Human nature" than it is a function of the money/power/energy connection. Money, power and energy are three different manifestations of the same thing, like ice, water and steam.

If We are ever to make a change, it requires free energy to flow. Otherwise the LOVE of money will keep Us down.
edit on 9/7/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

No vowels again, what is with these people.
Same thing found by Dr. Fell, fill in the vowels like the ancients did have
a telepathic ability or there was not much they talked about.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

I completely agree

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by Byrd
Drawing up such a thing is possible, but a better option might be for folks to compile for me a list of resources on major civilizations, including links to websites with timelines and links to websites with discussions of language, cultural artifacts, and common symbols. I can "sticky" it at the top of this section.

yikes. that's a tall order. i had a website called the secrets of sumer that had all these links, separated into categories, but isn't on the net. i do still have it on my desktop in a folder tho. but isolating it into categories for ats, would be really complicated.

Not as bad as you might think. I'm thinking of linking hub pages rather than individual works. It would be interesting (with a subcontext of amusing as in "keeping me amused) to toy with such a thing. I like information retrieval problems (...she skitters off, muttering about path lengths, stochastic networks, and np completeness...)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

While it is not difficult to dismiss this claim, what is difficult to dismiss is the claim of some scientists that they found evidence of coc aine and tobacco (not know to be grown outside the Americas before the Europeans "discovered" the Americas) in the mummies of Egypt. While different scientists, none of whose integrity was suspect, published such findings, one would have thought more people would have done similar research precisely becuase they challenge conventional notions and either confirmed them or dismissed them as errors. What is intriguing is that little further research has been done.

It was Balabova (iirc) who published the study that showed coc aine and tobacco traces in a sample of mummies. The mummies she analysed had all spent a number of years travelling from one collection to another and had been on open display in 20th Century Drawing rooms. The samples, to me, remain intriguing.

Where the problem lies, however, is in the number of subsequent studies that specifically tested mummies for coc aine and tobacco. In these studies, coc aine has never been found and Balabova's remain unique. Significantly, the later analyses were from mummies that hadn't travelled and were taken at the site of their exhumation. What this suggests is that uncontaminated mummies have no traces of coc aine and naturally that Balabova's results were from a contaminated sample.

The tobacco traces were actually nicotine and people assume nicotine only comes from tobacco plants. This isn't the case as dietary nicotine is present across the Middle East from sources like the egg plant. The egg-plant was a dietary staple in Ancient Egyptian life in the same way potatoes are in the West.

That's funny reason to dismiss the possibility. Ancient Greeks were scientifically more advanced than their descendents a few millennia later. There is no reason why knowledge and technologies cannot be lost. Sure, a lot more evidence is needed than one artifact or presence of some alkaloids to conlcude that they did, but genuine evidence is sufficient to suspect that they did.

The reason I tend to dismiss trans-oceanic voyages by proto-Sumerians is because there is an archaeological legacy left behind by them. They lived in mud-brick, one-storey buildings and hadn't developed the technology to build ships that could survive lengthy sea passages. They didn't have the tools to carve the hardwoods needed for oceanic ships. 4000 years later, the Egyptians were struggling to achieve vessels capable of extended periods at sea. Their journeys were river-based along the Nile and tributaries. We have well-preserved examples of Egyptian ships and numerous depictions on walls, temples and in miniature.

I could add links to back up all of this and yet I believe this thread is one of those where the OP and other members would rather I didn't. Byrd's post alone shows that the OP is woefully unresearched and is merely a BS claim that doesn't stand any scrutiny. If the OP had spent as much time checking the claim as it took to copy and paste the article, he wouldn't have posted it. Arken is a highly-respected member who, I'm almost sure, is always very careful to check his facts before posting ridiculous threads that border on hoax.

I've posted a couple of 'bad threads' in the past and can only empathise with how embarrassed he must feel after posting this hoakum and then getting so much attention. Likely the only reason he hasn't made a post to apologise is because he'd rather the thread fades away.

ETA: Balabanova was the name.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Check out the bagdad battery

en.wikipedia.org...

and more on the sumerian culture here for noobies

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
this changes the history books as we know them.

is it possible that ancient civilizations were at the level we are now and somehow they collapsed (nuke war???) and we are repeating what they've been through. Who knows how many times and for how long this has been happening with our planet as the only witness of it all.

I know. it’s quite a scary thought! How many times in a cyclical fashion civilizations have peaked and then been reduced to nomads. I thinks it’s more than possible. Especially as there is quite a lot of evidence that the ancient Greeks (traditionally our earliest form of western civilization) borrowed or robbed their discourse from the African continent. If true, what was going on in the African continent was very advanced seeing that we still use Aristotle's definition of a "concept

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Much of our past is hidden and or yet undiscovered. However, why have they hidden it from us?
What are they afraid of?

Losing control of the masses who work to support TPTB! They have created a fear based system that if one questions, they have historically been arrested, sanctioned, excommunicated, or my favorite...killed.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChungTsuU

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Much of our past is hidden and or yet undiscovered. However, why have they hidden it from us?
What are they afraid of?

Losing control of the masses who work to support TPTB! They have created a fear based system that if one questions, they have historically been arrested, sanctioned, excommunicated, or my favorite...killed.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

I'm not sure if it all has been deliberately hidden from us. Of course there are some political and religious reasons for historical eradications such as Christianity and the obscurity of the female or European Empires rewriting the history of territories that took slaves from but on the most it’s just a lack of information that keeps alternative history in the domain of the alternative.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
When scholars decipher an ancient (dead) language how do they know if their work is correct?

They don't 100% its an "educated guess". Archeaologists reverse engineered Sumerian by using the Babylonian cuneiform or i should say Zecharia Sitchin since he worked on decoding the Sumerian language for 30+ years. The Hebrew peoples learned babylonian during their exile around 300 B.C. during the reign of Nebuchadnezar II, and it was from these older manuscripts that archeaologists were able to piece together a rough understanding of Sumerian. As i said it's not 100% correct. You might be reading a Sumerian text that speaks about a man taking a bath in his bathtub, and in Babylonian it may mean there's a man getting a drink from his toilet. Translations get lost in time, change meaning or inflection or take on entirely new meanings and translating ancient texts is treacherous work. Out of the 10,000+ texts discovered in the Ashuribanipal Library theres only a very small fraction that have even been deciphered if they were even deciphered correctly.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
...or i should say Zecharia Sitchin since he worked on decoding the Sumerian language for 30+ years.

Actually, he didn't.

He was a reporter. His degree was in economic history (a very kind biography of him is here)

When challenged, he couldn't read cuneiform after all. He used already-finished translations and gave them his own twist.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Zecky had nothing to do with the translation of Sumerian which was cracked because of its association with Akkadian translation began in the 19th century.

The online Sumerian dictionary can be found here: Sumerian Dictionary

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Byrd

Zecky had nothing to do with the translation of Sumerian which was cracked because of its association with Akkadian translation began in the 19th century.

The online Sumerian dictionary can be found here: Sumerian Dictionary

check out BBC article of new discovery and its consequences on human history www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
It just looks like Sumerian Cuneiform.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

Now here is a good point. In fact there is script all over the world tht looks like this Sumerian. Sort of like the way you see alphabets used all over today but the spelling and some figures are diffrent.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join