It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proto-Sumerian origin on text on a statue discovered in Peru! The riddle of the monolith of the Poko

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A question, how did they (Sumerians) get there from the other side of the planet w/o any air travel from whats taught?
edit on 9/6/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thank you, my friend.

And yes, it is also my opinion: we need to learn again before it's too late....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I don't know what side of the Americas the Sumerians settled but the
Pacific might be able to be traveled in small ships as all the islands
appear to testify to that fact.
To venture across the Atlantic there were very large ships noted in the
Bible found by Dr. Fell as the proposed vehicle of transit, larger than
the ones Columbus used. Things of interest such as gold might have
traded in ancients times and well known to some who pushed Columbus
in the right direction and thus filled the Spanish coffers with gold.
Gee coffers, that a funny word cause thats all we small folk get, coffee,
and not the gold.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The code! the Code! Do you have the code?!

Sorry had to mention bomb squad...

Pretty amazing find, i am a firm believer in ancient astronaut. As the poster said a few posts above me, how could they get across the world with no air transportation?

My guess of course, is they were influenced by something, two different peoples that is, as in the group of people here, are not the same as the "Sumerians" but share a similar form of writing, the chances of two different civilizations thinking of the same writing is nearly impossible. I mean look at the middle east vs the far east.

Something must have influenced both parties.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

TeslaandLyne, thank for the input. Yes I too would think they could of traveled in ships across the ocean, Pacific. but also keep in mind the potential land/ice bridges that may have been present in the north western Americanaz...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
When scholars decipher an ancient (dead) language how do they know if their work is correct?

It's generally done by multiple scholars translating it. One "team lead" may crack a code, but it's then released to the rest of the community who will fill in details like "this set of symbols also occurs on this artifact found at site X and dated to (whenever)" and other bits and pieces, such as art styles and so forth. They also comment on language structure (formation of words, how sentences are formed, etc.)

Channeled translations, however, are never checked by anyone outside the channeler's circle of friends and supporters.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
We need a study guide on how to distinguish time periods, particularly when it comes to Sumer. Assyrian things are not Sumerian, although you may see echoes of Sumer in it, it isn't "Sumerian."

Drawing up such a thing is possible, but a better option might be for folks to compile for me a list of resources on major civilizations, including links to websites with timelines and links to websites with discussions of language, cultural artifacts, and common symbols. I can "sticky" it at the top of this section.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

In the Lost Book of Enki it was mentioned, after the Deluge, how gold was exposed along the mountainsides in South America and was easy to get to. Also don't forget that Enki and his sister argued for us to survive the flood, Ninharsag saying "They are BEINGS, not beasts" and that they (Anunnaki) were responsible for our wellbeing. I am definitely on Enki's side seeing how he is more compassionate towards us. Don't forget his other sign as the waterbearer is represented by the sign Aquarius which is the age we are now entering.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

They had crafts which flew. Not all necessarily saucer shaped ufo types but also winged aircraft

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
subject review:
www.google.com...

The Lost Book of Enki (audio book)

Sitchin’s knowledge about language allowed him to translate the content of texts 6000 years old and come to the conclusion that the known passages of Genesis in the Old Testament, like many other times in the Bible passages are actually collected Sumerian texts, the original source.

From the last link.
Texts were not copied but tell the same story independently as Velikovsky has
delineated.

Talk about glorifying one's own work.
The Dragon tradition of the Orient is definitely from the traumatic period identified
by Velikovsky, even if he never did, we can best assume so based on the unknown
objects that appeared in the heavens.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Drawing up such a thing is possible, but a better option might be for folks to compile for me a list of resources on major civilizations, including links to websites with timelines and links to websites with discussions of language, cultural artifacts, and common symbols. I can "sticky" it at the top of this section.

yikes. that's a tall order. i had a website called the secrets of sumer that had all these links, separated into categories, but isn't on the net. i do still have it on my desktop in a folder tho. but isolating it into categories for ats, would be really complicated.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Is this the same guy? I like your post, and I was just curious as to how did this particular scholar (with others) know he was on the right track?

www.youtube.com...

Good post...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I think that you are definitely on to something here. It seems that every ancient discovery tends to leave more questions and more mysterious open instead of answering them.

Have any of you noticed how no matter what new discovery happens, somehow we find a way to explain it so it ties into what we "know". Instead of using the information that is newly discovered to try and find out what actually happen. More often than not we explain away why or what something is that we found so it matches are "history" that TPTB are teaching us. Notice how rarely new information arises that we determine is correct and actually correct our own history?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
subject review:
www.google.com...

The Lost Book of Enki (audio book)

Sitchin’s knowledge about language allowed him to translate the content of texts 6000 years old and come to the conclusion that the known passages of Genesis in the Old Testament, like many other times in the Bible passages are actually collected Sumerian texts, the original source.

From the last link.
Texts were not copied but tell the same story independently as Velikovsky has
delineated.

Talk about glorifying one's own work.
The Dragon tradition of the Orient is definitely from the traumatic period identified
by Velikovsky, even if he never did, we can best assume so based on the unknown
objects that appeared in the heavens.

Thanks for post this link. You are my hero today, TeslaandLyne !

I read all this AMAZING book some weeks ago..... simply AWESOME!

Many many stars!

edit on 6-9-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I agree with so many others here. As a Christian, I'll have a slightly different perspective on it than most of you, but I think that the evidence for worldwide cross-cultural influence is staggering. I really do. There's quite clearly a shared knowledge and experience that underpins a number of the ancient cultures that we've previously taken for granted...

and I do think that our planet has a "forgotten history". It's there, if you look hard enough, if you read and research and listen to what's being spoken of on the fringes of the mainstream... but not something that most people are willing to invest time and effort in... yet.

It's incredibly interesting stuff.

Yes as a Christian views are going to be different. Must remember that God cast Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden, literally means He cast them into the outer darkness where civilizations were already flourishing by way of evolution, genetic engineering or whwtever and hence the cross cultural ties and forgotten history. Though the account of creation of Adam and Eve about 6000 years is also correct.

Graet thread OP. The heiroglyphics type of inscriptions seem to suggest that the people were using telepathy predomonantly as a means of communication.

The above is my take anyway

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Talk about forgetting things:

The characteristic of this catastrophe was its influence upon the mental, or mnemonic, capacity of the peoples. The description of it, as told by many tribes and peoples, if it contains authentic features, arouses the surmise that the earth underwent an electromagnetic disturbance, and that the human race experienced something that in modern terms seems like a consequence of a deep electrical shock.

www.varchive.org...

and

In the rabbinical concept of the seven earths, molded one out of another in successive catastrophes, the generation which built the Tower of Babel inhabited the fourth earth; but it goes on to the fifth earth where the men become oblivious of their origin and home
17) those who built the Tower of Babel are told to forget their language. This generation is called “the people who lost their memory.” The earth which they inhabited was “the fifth earth, that of oblivion (Neshiah)(18)

I think there was also the birth of scribes in there some where as a common language was
no longer required to remember everything cause things were written down. However the
writing must have made new languages in some way according to the written interpretations.
ED: found this next to it:

To each of the planets is ascribed a world age, and the ages of the other planets—Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, Venus, and Mars—are well discernible; the dominion of Mercury must be looked for in one of the world ages, and one of the world cataclysms was apparently ascribed to this lesser planet.(1) Mercury was a feared god long before Mars (Nergal) became one. As the name of Mount Sinai refers to Sin, the Moon, so the name of Mount Nebo in Moab where Moses died(2) was called already in that early time by the name of the planet Mercury. Later in the seventh and sixth centuries before the present era, this god was much venerated, especially by the Chaldeans and other peoples of Mesopotamia, as the names of Nabopolassar and his son Nebuchadnezzar prove.(3) In earlier times Mercury was known to the Sumerians as Enki.(4)

new link:
www.varchive.org...
top page:
www.varchive.org...
So Nebo Nebuchadnezzar and Enki the Summarian Mercury.
Just normal every day planetarium stuff.

edit on 9/6/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Very interesting.

I think that the South Amercian, African and Middle Eastern cultres where in close contact with eachother and that's why they have similar artefacts like pyramids etc.

Check out the legendary Magical Egypt Documentary.

www.youtube.com...

Great alternbative accoutn to traditional archeaology

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Not necessarily anything spectacular like planes, aliens etc but boats/sea travel etc.

I think what some of this stuff illustrates in that civilizations are but much older and more advanced than previously thought.

I mean if you look at the math used to align the pyramids to constellations is pretty impressive.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I find it hard to understand the lack of imagination that our 'learned ones' have when considering the past.

The peoples on the Southern hemisphere were phenomenal sailors and navigators. I read some time ago that many Islanders knew when sailing that an island was way over the horizen purely by the way the waves hit the front of the canoe. They navigated much longer journeys than from Europe to the Americas with or without a coffee break at cafe Atlantis halfway through the journey. Their culture is something rarely discussed yet their accomplishments at Nan Madol etc are amazing.

Another group who rarely seem to get mentioned with seafaring are the chinese. Apparently in the past they had huge junks that carried a lot of people. They just suddenly seemed to turn inwards.

Today due to our upbringings we have become so far removed from using our powerful senses everyday survival skills the ancient peoples had are virtually unknown to us. I see this often just within the family. I rarely ever use a sat-nav. Both my sons use it all the time. Heaven help them if it goes down, I doubt either could navigate to the back seat and find the road map I stuffed there just in case for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The biggest shame is that modern Mankind was robbed of vital historically advanced technology by the Spanish Inquisition when they wiped out most of the history of The Mayans, Incas and Aztecs. They destroyed Temples, stone tablets and entire cities and civilizations. All in the name of some bullcrap fairy tale that is the biggest lie ever told. ~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join