It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proto-Sumerian origin on text on a statue discovered in Peru! The riddle of the monolith of the Poko

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Fascinating thread..

I love reading this kind of History..

thanks OP..

Good damn job!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I'm sorry but if you trace Christian-Judao religion back you find they stole Sumerian religion. The one original religion. I believe the Egyptians either stole or confused the original Egyptian religion too, which is very similar to Sumerian.

Jesus was Sumarian. It is why he is depicted as a Non-hebrew. Because he wasn't.
edit on 5-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

partly correct bro'

the Hebrews originated from one Mr Abraham who migrated from his homw in Ur (Chaldean) - which you could link to Sumer in a way. Abraham , Issac and Jacob are never really portrayed as having any specific religion but rather a basic relationship with the Elohim YHWH

the scripture informs us that Yashuah the Son of the Most High was of the line of David and descended from Abraham (This name 'jesus' is a non scriptural word and refers to zeus. The letter "J" wasnt invented till the 16th century = religous crap topic of another discussion)

When looking at Genesis chapter 1 there is what we call the 'gap' theory, which is that the text reads that "in the beginning YHWH created the heavens and the earth - and the earth 'became' (not 'was') without form and void"....and then the 'new' creation story begins

this lends to what is more likely the truth - that there was an ancient ancient civilisation that was destroyed somehow - comets/asteroids/nukes/whatever - of which remnants remian as evidence of their likely advanced civilisations on earth

and of course thereis the flood of Noah, which was a further 'reboot' of civilisation (long before the tower of babel) and we can only imagine what humans who lived for centuries were capable of, much of which was erased by the flood, with the primary purpose fo the ark being a means to ensure that humans and animals could repopulate the planet after such a catastrophe

they say the ark is on a mountain in Turkey and no one is allowed to go there - maybe there are some tablets or other artifacts of that time that could shed light on the ancient civilisation sitting there in the ruins of the ark?

anyway - great thread Arken keep it up
cheers

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It just looks like Sumerian Cuneiform.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
When scholars decipher an ancient (dead) language how do they know if their work is correct?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This finding corresponds nicely with the Book of Ether as found in the Book of Mormon.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I wonder how much significance this little artifact had to it's maker. It could have been important to the whole group as a symbol of some sorts. I always laugh though when I think that this could have been the Sumarians version of a cabbage patch doll...

~Glu

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
??? Changes alot of the history books or should i say wont because of TPTB in charge of that category . excellent find!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So in this "hidden history" of mankind, how far back do humans acctually go? I've heard a little about this before but this has really piqued my interest. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Though I do find this very interesting, it's in a way out of step with the poster. While I'm not an archeologist, the similarities between the inscriptions on the Potok statue and those of ancient Sumerian cuneiform don't immediately jump out as anything extraordinarily spectacular. For one, the direction of the writing in each item looks pretty different and there are other symbols on the Potok statue not seen in Sumerian writings, at least by my eyes. Of course, there are similarities, and that's what I find so interesting...

There appears to be some heavy degree of cultural and artistic verisimilitude at work, with deep connections between human civilizations separated by such vast expanses of land and water they might as well have not existed in each other's world. But perhaps this verisimilitude exists because all humans share a common source and biology. And maybe there's more beyond even that -- a collective memory or consciousness of some kind, where our instincts dwell and all the archetypes that form our inherited mental interpretations of the world are drawn from. Maybe that's a stretch, I dunno, but I feel like there's more than just chemicals at work in the minds of men, and this discovery can be picked at and prodded from so many angles.

The truth is, unless we build a time machine and travel back to the past, we're liable never to know for sure. But don't let that keep you from guessing and theorizing. If people just sat around and waited for proof and evidence to come down and answer all their questions, there would be no such thing as progress.
edit on 6-9-2011 by soma100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by soma100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Arken
Is there an hidden history of the mankind?

I would say, unequivocally, YES. There is far more history than the standard "history" book offers.

Thanks for this! S&F!

And that's why we continue to do the same mistakes, as humanity, over and over.

Our self destructive attitude will only change if and when we will know what really happened in our past, the very distant past, that only few really know about in this Planet.

Clues like this one only show a glimpse of what has been.

Most probably Mankind already run the risk to disappear from the Universe once, I hope we are not heading to the same direction but all the signals don't give me any help to think otherwise.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxit

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I would say, unequivocally, YES. There is far more history than the standard "history" book offers.

Thanks for this! S&F!

And that's why we continue to do the same mistakes, as humanity, over and over.

Our self destructive attitude will only change if and when we will know what really happened in our past, the very distant past, that only few really know about in this Planet.

Clues like this one only show a glimpse of what has been.

Most probably Mankind already run the risk to disappear from the Universe once, I hope we are not heading to the same direction but all the signals don't give me any help to think otherwise.

Very well said, Maxit.

Despite my near-apathetic statement on never truly knowing, I strongly believe "something" did happen in our past and our history books aren't even scratching the surface of what that "something" is. And most certainly, there were times when man was wiped to near-extinction, either by disease, viruses, himself, etc. What's always concerned me is WHY certain stories and archetypes appear in nearly every single proto-culture and ancient civilization around the world. It's so eerie to think about.

Perhaps the best thing we can do is look inside ourselves collectively and spiritually, gather what circumstantial evidence we can, and try to make sense of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We need a study guide on how to distinguish time periods, particularly when it comes to Sumer. Assyrian things are not Sumerian, although you may see echoes of Sumer in it, it isn't "Sumerian."

Babylonian things are not Sumerian, because by then, Marduk (or his priests) had fudged the whole thing up with his fake history of the earth in Enuma Elish, his deification of the abzu and tiamat, and a host of other mods he made to history. I theorize by the time babylon was in full swing, the new seat of wisdom had transferred to Egypt where it remained relatively uninvolved in most of the ongoing conflicts of the rest of the world.

Akkadian things are tribal memory of Sumer, and come closest to retelling the events that preceeded the black sea flood.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

Cheers man, more research required. On my behalf of course.
edit on 6-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I think at this point we have to accept that racist attitudes during colonial expansion had
rewritten, suppressed and destroyed histories of man. Unfortunately, those who have been schooled by western education are victims of this crime to this day.

Case in point, America being discovered by Columbus, is probably still being taught in schools. How is this possible if there were men and women already living in the Americas? And why start the history of the Americas with the discovery of Columbus? Why not start history of the Americas with the earliest Natives? Our western history is extremely Eurocentric.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
T

Just to add a little weight to your story, in Egyptian mummies that were tested, traces of coc aine were found... which would only have come from the Americas at the time..

Not just coc aine, tobacco too. Here is a good and pretty reliable documentary from the UK's channel 4.

Mystery of the coc aine mummies

These things are not really kept from us (as some on here seem to want to believe) but this documentary shows why people may think there is a cover up as scientists question each other and themselves as to the validity of evidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It doesn't look much like proto-sumerian to me... Has anybody done some side by side comparisons?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Great stuff there, very interesting!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

There would still be wars. It's human nature... If one farmers field stopped yielding for some reason, or if the well went dry, or draughts, famine or other tragedies occurred, making it impossible for him to feed his family, he would then do whatever it takes to get what he needs. If it meant conquering a weaker farmers better yielding land, then he would do it, in the name of survival. There will always be conflict and war. We, humans act the way we do because we are imperfect. No big deal, that's just the way we are. Yes, I believe there is a planned suppression of our freedoms and intelligence that doesn't make our situation any better. But, in the end we need to accept responsibility for our own actions and what is our human nature. If we are ever going to make a positive change we need to start right there.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yes I have heard of this, Sumerians settled in Latin America, as a matter of fact
this has been discovered by Mr. Lyne of various research projects after the
lead of a Mr. Dr. Fell who identified the way and evidence of pre AD settlement
in the Americas from the so called old world. Lyne might even have Sumerians in
the US in a yet unpublished work.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken, Thanks for the information in relation to the development of the species. As others have stated there is so much more to this picture in which many are only given 1 color brush to view it with. Over time hopefully all that could be known will be known so that the species can learn from ancient mistakes and not make them again as well as advance as a more informed species with potential technologies existing here but not fully understood.

SnF for the info my friend

NAMASTE*******

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join