It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proto-Sumerian origin on text on a statue discovered in Peru! The riddle of the monolith of the Poko

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing! Were the Sumerians settled in Latin America several thousands years ago? Seem so, according with the new analysis and translation on the carved text on a statue of Pokot civilization. The monolith is a Pokot anthropomorphic stone statue, about 170 cm high, which was found around 1960 at the site of the Pokot, about 2 km from the city of stone Tiahuanaco.
Source in italian: www.yurileveratto.com...

According to the scholar Clyde A. Winters in the monolith of Pokot there are various inscriptions (proto-Sumerian origin), but the most important ones are below the hands (which are resting on thighs), and in the dorsal part (in the back of the statue). This is the translation inscriptions found in the front, according to epigraphist Clyde A. Winters: "Spread to all mankind the opening oracle of Putaki. It proclaims that the race of Putaki be estimated over time. Act in the right way so that the oracle may disclose wisdom. Enjoy the cult. Everyone must bear witness to the Divine will. The soothsayer interprets the guidance of the oracle, to make known the rules that guide humanity. The citizens who testified in favor of human wisdom and will disseminate examples of strong character." In the front left of the statue there is an additional wording relating to which is interpreted as follows: "The shaman proclaims the immense importance of this place, the power of Divinity in order to deliver the wisdom of man." There are two other additional incisions, always at the front: "Putaki Oh great, wise man and ancestor of many nations. And again, you swear to bear witness to the character and wisdom. Bear testimony of the power of divinity in order to strengthen your character." In the hands of the monolith will be written, according to Winters: "The oracle Putaki leads man to the truth. This oracle will sprout precious esteem, now shows his escape." As far as the dorsal part of the monolith, there are various interpretations. According to Clyde A. Winters that the translation would be: "The oracle is the ideal standard. This leads to the oracle of divine knowledge. Distribute to all mankind the divine will. Capture the sense of perfect voice. The oracle will spread peace. Listen to the oracle, the prophet calls. The diviner speaks wisely. The will of God will become visible and shining, coming from the mouth of the oracle. Listen to the soothsayer, listen to the oracle call to you wisdom and character. Listen to the oracle to spread the divine will, following the Good legitimate and fair. Call the food to you purely for the oracle. Oh Oracle, you are the witness of purity. Spread peace and wisdom. The oracle of Putaki is the father of wisdom and benefit of all. Become a visible witness of wisdom and divine will. Spread the divine will and you will be witness of his power." According to Winters, therefore, the monolith of Pokot was an oracle whose name was Putaki.

This proto-sumerian pictograms remind to the Fuente Magna vessel, another cryptic Oopart, discovered in Bolivia ad full of mysterious carvings.
www.latelanera.com...
www.faculty.ucr.edu...

Is there an hidden history of the mankind?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wow! Fascinating!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You are, in my opinion, 110% spot on. May I suggest you read "The Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock. These will only re-enforce your views.

S&F

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Interesting find.
These sort of discoveries often come with many misunderstandings and assumptions, half-educated guesses at the truth. The truth may be out there but it's being covered up by more than just dirt and thousands of years...

Of course they were hidden.
You must know we've been lied to from birth, you must.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
good find i find this kinda stuff facinating,there is so much we dont know,,,,,just curious but how do they know if they deciphering the language or whatever those symbols are correctly??

peace

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Fantastic, great stuff. I love reading about and researching unknown civilizations and this is a rather large helping to get stuck into. Like the OP says it really does make you wonder if a whole chunk of our history is missing - a species with amnesia!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Excellent work !! Quality thread !! Keep providing good info and great reading

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

off the subject sorry... This dude's avatar is cool I gotta say. Annoying but cool

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is a very good threat and it very much reminds of the unique similarities in the writings of the people of Rapa Nui (Easter Island) and the people of the Indus Valley, particularly Mohenjo Daro - of which I can't seem to find an image, but I've included Indus script which is very close. Neither of these writings have been deciphered, only theorized.

The Indus script:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa166f4b27df.jpg[/atsimg]

"Rongorongo" - the writing of Easter Island:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a683edda5b8.jpg[/atsimg]

Of course these places are thousands of miles apart, but the similarities are glaring.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There is such little known about ancient civilisations.. But the more I research and read, the more I believe they were actually quite advanced (compared to what we are told officially) begs the question.. Why did they collapse/go backwards..

Just to add a little weight to your story, in Egyptian mummies that were tested, traces of coc aine were found... which would only have come from the Americas at the time..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Wow! nice post
Just another piece of the puzzle, and more proof that there was an widespread ancient culture.

.......The first picture you posted looks like a...*cough* erm..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I agree with so many others here. As a Christian, I'll have a slightly different perspective on it than most of you, but I think that the evidence for worldwide cross-cultural influence is staggering. I really do. There's quite clearly a shared knowledge and experience that underpins a number of the ancient cultures that we've previously taken for granted...

and I do think that our planet has a "forgotten history". It's there, if you look hard enough, if you read and research and listen to what's being spoken of on the fringes of the mainstream... but not something that most people are willing to invest time and effort in... yet.

It's incredibly interesting stuff.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I finished reading graham hancocks Fingerprints of the Gods a few weeks ago. I've been told he is re-editing it with updates and additions. So look out for that. It almost seems that since i finished that book all these archeological finds and oddities are coming to light, and strengthening, corroborating one another. I am also very hopefull that we will see a great many ancient mysteries solved in coming years.
I cant wait to get home, i'm on my phone, so i can see those pics in full and do some research! This find, if true, is absolutely astounding! I pray that in uncovering the past we will become even closer as a species and maybe one day, one day soon, our understandings of the past will strengthen our path to a better world.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Actually, as a Christian, it may enforce your beliefs, as the commonality could add credence to the Babel story.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by amnislupus

Slowly they will all learn about Enki. They will learn how En-lil turned the perceptions of Enki to be bad and evil when he is really our creator. Now he represents the Devil. The serpent. Unfortunately the Occult/Satanism and Illuminati worship him don't they? I hope not and I hope he is benevolent enough and grants us immunity.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

An update? Thanks for that. I will visit his website and see if I can pre-order.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I'm sorry but if you trace Christian-Judao religion back you find they stole Sumerian religion. The one original religion. I believe the Egyptians either stole or confused the original Egyptian religion too, which is very similar to Sumerian.

Jesus was Sumarian. It is why he is depicted as a Non-hebrew. Because he wasn't.
edit on 5-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Yes, you are correct. However, the Babel story, although handed down, has its roots, I feel, in true past events. Christianity is a re-hash yes, but based on older events.

However, a star for you for pointing out my generalisation.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Is there an hidden history of the mankind?

I would say, unequivocally, YES. There is far more history than the standard "history" book offers.

Thanks for this! S&F!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by Arken

You are, in my opinion, 110% spot on. May I suggest you read "The Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock. These will only re-enforce your views.
S&F

Thakns for this.

I've alredy read that interesting book by Graham Hancock.

But, for this particular NEWS, I suggest you strongly read "The Lost Book of the God Enki" by Zachary Sitchin.

All the clues match!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join