It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening anxiety

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Completely understand. As I've had many difficult circumstances...and that is an understatement. I hope that you and the OP find understanding and peace in the video.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
People have to qualify their terms for effective communication, so I'll go first.

Enlightenment: Everything is relative & nothing really matters.

Awakening: Diseased state of mind prior to enlightenment.

I think people are sick as all hell these days. When the body is burdened sufficiently, homeostasis gets a bit funky. You can have times where the internal irritations, regardless of the source, will cause the sympathetic nervous system to become activated to such an extent that you're basically a maniac. This will alternate in some people with over activation of the parasympathetic nervous system. That's the depression side. Fight, then flight.

I honestly think that this is what happens when we muck up our environments enough, and start panicking over lack of resources. We make up a lot of BS (belief systems) to cope with what is really just the collapse of civilization. It seems that the BS is just the beginning stages of trauma. Denial, bargaining, anger, etc..Finally, we come back to a semi-state of sanity, and realize that we were just propagating a bunch of hooey, and accept that death of both the individual, and the collective (mostly) will commence no matter what we do.

This seems to take a very fluid mindset. That's where enlightenment happens. You see, I have a theory that this over activation of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems gives way to denser neural networks and proper pruning of outdated circuits. I think this is all part of our biological evolution, when the going gets rough.

So yeah, it seems that when you first get sufficiently diseased, from whatever combination of sources (toxic/pathogenic load, etc), you have massive adrenaline/noradrenaline running through your brain, and it get's very overwhelming, until your mind adapts by creating more complex hardware to handle it all. That's my very amateur take on it all.

I was very diseased, my body/mind adapted, and now I process super fast, deep, and am quite healthy physically. I've evolved, and hope others will join. We're going to need a lot of freaks to make it through all of what nature throws us over the coming years/decades.

Evolve or Decay.

edit on 5-9-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I remember when I was first seeing the world as it truely was. I do not know if it was more a depressing feeling, or anxiety. I just know I had one of my daughters "special" brownies, plopped "A Brave New World" in the DVD player and watched about half way thru before I really got bummed out. I just came to the conclusion that I can only control so much, and protect those around me.
And yes, communicating what you know (perceive) to be the truth, 9/11, chemtrails, flouride, New World Order, Bankers, even how cancer is cureable thru alternative inexpensive means, etc, etc, rarely, rarely will anyone even research, let alone listen. They look at you as if you are a nut job, a conspiracy theorist, crazy......You have to hold on to YOU and try to enjoy what ever time you have left and not worry about the end or what ifs...
Even my religious beliefs (Christian) have been "shattered". Hell I do not even know anymore. The more you research, the deeper down the rabbit hole you will go. You have to expect some very very unpleasant truths to emerge.
I believe I am a better person because of it, my attitude has change toward my fellow human. I try to live in honor, I try to respect those around me, even if they do not respect me....I am a peaceful inhabitant, not to do any harm to my brothers or sisters.....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MyStrawMan

Then you are there! Still many changes to come...but at least you are not at the beginning of the journey during the next year or so...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'd like to add my voice to this thread. But I can't because it's not an audio thread, so I'll just add my words instead. Sorry, I had to say that.

Anyway, I did have a good bit of anxiety when all of the pieces finally came together. I think it's more obvious to me because I removed myself from mainstream media influence for several years. Then I got married. I love my wife, but she does love the mainstream. So I've gotten lots of exposure. Lots of it. LOOOOOTS of it!

So right off the bat I start noticing things, which lead me to research things, which lead me to sites like this. The light bulb went off when I found out about the Bohemian Grove. I always assumed music celebrities were being metaphorical when they said that they sold their sold to the devil, or being artistic by putting occult symbols in their merchandise. But our nation's leaders worshiping Moloch? That's hard to misinterpret. I rarely drink, but I had myself a mudslide that night.

But, a silver lining came with these revelations: just as there are hidden evil things in our world, there are also hidden GOOD things. Things like the law of attraction, raising my vibration, aligning my chakras, the importance of love and gratitude, etc.

Now, I truly believe that everyone has their own spiritual path that is unique to them, so my list of good things may not apply to you. But I would encourage you to seek yours out. Because if I could impress one single thing upon you, it would be this:

YOU ARE IMPORTANT. You have so much more potential than you realize, and you DO make a difference. Just from making this thread, you've made more of a difference than you probably realize. So, thank you for making this thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and panic attacks back in '06. After a couple years on benzos my condition worsened. The sense of a heart attack, limbs going numb and cold, the sense that my life force was being pulled down to the core of the Earth from my body and so on. Pretty severe stuff. In '08 I weened off the meds, abstained from alcohol for a few weeks and began a process of forgiving others and most importantly myself when IT happened: The Tao, The Void, Universal Knowledge, Enlightenment, Awakening, Infinite Awareness, Buddha under the bodhi tree, the Mind of God, I AM (so many names) touched me for only an instant. All that IS came into perfect clarity. One moment an agnostic leaning towards atheist, husband, young father, professional, houses, cars, completely caught up in the game to Light Being. It was profound, dramatic and instant. The Tao says, “The Tao that is spoken is not the True Tao,” so I am unable to describe my experience in words because words cannot contain IT. It sounds as though many of the posters on this thread already Know.

Originally posted by Staxxem
I understand the rapid progression the collective consciousness is taking.. Just from reading posts on this board and having discussions with friends / coworkers / family I can see that people are waking up to a perception of reality they've never known until now.

“Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it... but those who do will become well.” ~ Vernon Howard

But for some of us, this perception can be quite intimidating.. In my case, this new perception of life can come barreling down on me with unpredictable anxiety that is beyond words. I feel bigger than the world, but then I feel the walls closing in on me. It's as if I'm merely living out some twisted dream world where I'm the pawn and everyone else is in on the joke.

"(2) Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All." ~ Gospel of Thomas

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will often be lonely, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning YourSelf." ~ Nietzsche

A part of me knows many of you can relate to the ever-present fear some unforeseen anxiety you've never experienced before until now will strike at any moment. And if this is true for you, how bad does this anxiety grip you? What are you thoughts when you're experiencing it? How do you cope with it? If you're not one of these people, who do you suspect others have such issues? What would you recommend we do in order to escape from this? Or maybe you feel this anxiety is necessary in order to promote the cultivation of a positive outlook?

You are the Alpha and Omega; the Beginning and the End which are the same.

"(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death." ~ Gospel of Thomas

We are all changing. We, our system, everything we know is going to change. The money we have chosen to enshrine as the center of our civilization's value system is failing and will end. Our culture relies upon a set of unconscious agreements that constitutes meaning. This too is failing. Nietzsche professed that there will be a "seeker after knowledge," the "opposite-man," which is in direct opposition to everything known. The instance of Truth, your enlightenment, is "a violation, a desire to hurt the basic will of the spirit which unceasingly strives for the apparent and superficial." Carl Jung wrote that "We are living in what the Greeks called kairos - the right moment - for a "metamorphis of the god," of fundamental principles and symbols. This peculiarity of our time, which is certainly not of our conscious choosing, is the expression of the unconscious man within us who is changing." In other words we have no choice but to evolve. Think of how absurd it would have been for the pre-bird to fight taking flight. Can you honestly imagine having wings and making the decision not to fly? We can fight our shift and make it very uncomfortable but the change will happen anyway; with or without our moral or conscious approval. Do not be afraid. There is no more reason to fear our evolution than there is to fear the rising sun. It will be blessed and better. Evolution from a creative, spiritual place is always better than before. Herold the coming Sun (you)!

I hope this helps in times of despair. Always Know that IT will pass through surrender.
Namaste,

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Staxxem

The anxiety is your mind fighting for survival, it is scared. It knows that you have seen that it is not to be trusted and it fears its death. The ego death.
Watch the mind (thoughts) and body (sensations) from the still space that you are. Thoughts and sensations are just appearances appearing presently, they pass by. Every 'thing' passes by the one constant presence.
That presence is what you are.

Eckhart Tolle was a great help when i was struggling, this one especially;
youtu.be...

Peace now.

Eckhart Tolle saved me from a deep downward spiral, just as the OP describes. This is very real and often hard to deal with. Doctors cant really understand but I can not thank Eckhart Tolle enough. The Power of Now is a great help. Its still difficult but I now see the Now is Safe.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The following helped with me:

1. stop thinking, I know its difficult but your mind isn't making sense of any of this thats why you're going thru this anxiety in the first place.
2. breathe
3. find your unshakable ground, this can be God or anything you deem eternal and unshakable
4. pray like hell

Also, my anxieties started when I had nights and nights of constant nightmares about the world ending. They started 1 year before the 1999 earthquake in Turkey ( I was there then) and I survived it. God knows how terrible that was. But maybe your anxiety isn't something that needs curing. Maybe its the part of you thats connected to everything and it knows something big and scary is about to happen. Again..pray.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ive learned to not look outside of myself for answers, I read somewhere that if we look outside of ourselves we will always be deceived. We are our own guides and each path is unique.

May the long time sun shine upon you.
All love surround you.
And the pure light within you guide your way home.

(old blessing)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

You are about to break through to pure bliss--well not pure bliss but, you will separate for this world that is based in fear. Once you no longer accept the rules of this world, your path will be laid out before you and the anxiety will decrease. When you find your purpose in life, from your heart, nothing will stop you from succeeding. Once you believe in the gifts you have been given, those gifts will become recognized by others. In fact, you will see others want some of what you have, even those with evil intentions.

I believe the anxiety of what you are going through is not fully trusting yourself and your purpose. You are literally walking between worlds and the overwhelming nature of that can create anxiety. Once you make the commitment that you will no longer be influenced by the external world in your response to how you feel in your heart, then the anxiety will be gone almost instantly.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

haha! screw anxiety, it sucks.
my thoughts when I'm experiencing anxiety? why do i feel like this? usually i will get anxious for really stupid reasons and i will be able to logically tell myself that i have no reason to be anxious like that because what I'm worrying about is pointless to worry about. and then I'm still anxious as shyt.
how do i cope with it? just kinda suck it up and let it happen. try to ignore it. try to concentrate on something else. just try and get done what i need to get done. self medicate.

only thing is if i am not mistaken you are just now beginning to feel this anxiety because of the rapid progression of awaking, and ive been feeling like that for almost as long as i can remember, except maybe when i was a real little kid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join