It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home fit for a hero? While £1m homes go to asylum seekers, a soldier who lost three limbs serving h

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Home fit for a hero? While £1m homes go to asylum seekers, a soldier who lost three limbs serving his country is put in a tiny flat ... on the SIXTH

www.dailymai l.co.uk

He lost three limbs in a bomb blast while serving in Afghanistan. Now Private Alex Stringer is fighting another battle back home – against a housing allocation that  has left him trapped in a tiny sixth floor flat As some families living solely on benefits are housed in multi-million-pound properties, the housed in multi-million-pound properties, the 20-year-old struggles in a flat so small he says he is unable to use his wheelchair ndoors
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Very angry indeed

We have people who come to this country who preach against us in our own streets even after they are put up on prime real estate in the middle of London but cannot give one of our own. Who fought for this country, paid a huge price, even the dignity of a decent and proper home.

I hate this country and the scummy looney left that have created this craphole situation.

You make me puke!

Something really has to give and soon.

There is only so much time until we snap and bring in a revolution of common sense and decency.

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This makes my blood boil. Going back the the thread about a British revolution, I stated my reasons for getting out of Blighty.

This guy has lost so much in service to his Country and THIS is how they repay him.

I was proud to serve. I felt 8 feet tall when I wore my uniform. I felt 6 inches tall when I retired from the service and told to pi** of by the DHSS.

20 years of service, FOR WHAT??????

Edit: There was a quote from "Only Fools and Horses" that sums this up well. It was Grandad talking about the war. He finished off his speech with. "They promised us homes fit for heros. More like heros fit for homes".

That made my stomach wrench. How true it has become.
edit on 5/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

edit on 5/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Lets hope he is better treated now, since it has been published in a National Newspaper. But If I know councils they will do nothing about it until thier hands are forced. Sadly this happens all the time to ex servicemen and women.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Please remember that this is not the fault of the

Asylum Seekers

The Fault is created by the Bureaucrats!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I agree the EU has tied Britain`s hands in regards to the numbers of immigrants that are taking advantage of our benefit and health care system. Asylum seekers are the least of our worries, the main issue is the eastern European trash that freely moves through our borders. Until the UK leaves the EU and limits immigration like Australia does then this will just get worse. The country is a joke

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by EvanB

This makes my blood boil. Going back the the thread about a British revolution, I stated my reasons for getting out of Blighty.

This guy has lost so much in service to his Country and THIS is how they repay him.

I was proud to serve. I felt 8 feet tall when I wore my uniform. I felt 6 inches tall when I retired from the service and told to pi** of by the DHSS.

20 years of service, FOR WHAT??????

Edit: There was a quote from "Only Fools and Horses" that sums this up well. It was Grandad talking about the war. He finished off his speech with. "They promised us homes fit for heros. More like heros fit for homes".

That made my stomach wrench. How true it has become.

edit on 5/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

Im defcto homeless myself, sofa surfing, served my country too and not able to get a council property because every other race and creed is put before our own.

I cant wait to leave this mess behind in a few days.

The pc lunatics can have this scum hole. I hope they drown in it!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Good luck in your new country and job of choice my friend.
And, thank you for your service Brother.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Good luck in your new country and job of choice my friend.
And, thank you for your service Brother.

It was watching you guys tab across the Falklands with the odds firmly stacked against you in a proper infantry dust up that inspired me to join up so thank you too.

Shame our so-called leaders cant do the same hey?

They would put a severly disabled proud vet in a sixth floor flat!

A [snip] disgrace!

6th floor??? What moron made this decision anyway?

Its bloody criminal!
edit on 5/9/11 by masqua because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The problem is, the government has been like this for hundreds of years.
During the English/Spanish war that sprked the Amarda, after Spain's defeat, the English Navy was kept at sea "in case the Spansih were to return".

The Spanish fleet was totally routed. The only reason to keep the ships at sea was that the English government did not need to pay the sailors. As a result, hundreds of brave English serivcemen died of desease.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

The problem is, the government has been like this for hundreds of years.
During the English/Spanish war that sprked the Amarda, after Spain's defeat, the English Navy was kept at sea "in case the Spansih were to return".

The Spanish fleet was totally routed. The only reason to keep the ships at sea was that the English government did not need to pay the sailors. As a result, hundreds of brave English serivcemen died of desease.

Mannn

My word of advice to anyone thinking of joining up should be to read this story and see where you will be thrown when your usefulness is done!

If people REALY want to serve this country and this people then they should get rid of the assholes that run it!

Now that would be a service to humanity!
edit on 5-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

My two boys are serving right now, one in the Welsh Guards and the other in the Logistic Corps as a Bomb Disposal Tech. I have told them to ensure they apply for every course the Army can offer in order to better their chances when they finally leave.

edit on 5/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I was fuming when I read that story. My nephew went off to the Army to start training just yesterday and bears a striking resemblance to the young man in the pics.

I'm hoping someone will start a facebook page to initiate a gathering of funds to buy that family a house with everything he needs to get around. It would be faster than waiting for the council to do a turnaround, and they'd give him another hovel anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I was fuming when I read that story. My nephew went off to the Army to start training just yesterday and bears a striking resemblance to the young man in the pics.

I'm hoping someone will start a facebook page to initiate a gathering of funds to buy that family a house with everything he needs to get around. It would be faster than waiting for the council to do a turnaround, and they'd give him another hovel anyway.

You can also tell these scumbags what you think of them at this email address;

general.enquiries@thurrock.gov.uk

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
[snip]

Anyone with a brain can see its not the asylum seekers fault! They are encouraged to come here by scum who want to create more client voters who will be dependant on them.

Its a sorry state for them too. Abused in your own country and abused by tptb in this one.

Its time to get rid of those in charge.

They are the REAL parasites!
edit on 5-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/9/11 by masqua because: Quote removed

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Soldiers and cops volunteer to put their lives at risk.
I have no sympathy for them.
I can protect myself just fine because they are never there except to write tickets or mess and annoy you.
I could care less for soldiers, i wasn't the one who signed them up.

Everyone has their problems, and the world isn't a happy place.
It sucks whats happened to this, but why lump in asylum seekers?
There are many other people i could name who are suffering.

edit on 5-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

All the emergency and armed services are volunteer services, and they know the risks yes. I tell you one thing though, when the time finally comes that you truly need them, guess what, they will be there for you, risking life and limb to keep you safe.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's just disgusting. To you two ex military posting above me, thanks for your service, you are an inspiration to us all.

I'm waiting for a job in the army right now. Going to be a CMT, just waiting for that phone call to start phase one. I hear they train us how to put up and take down tents faster than anybody else

I think alot of the crap that happens to our ex service men/women is terrible. What else can I really say. I'm lucky in that I have a large family who supports me that I can rely on when I get home.

Not sure exactly what I'll do when I leave the army, I'm only planning to do 4-8 years. I hear there's loads of jobs for expedition medics going. It does occur to me that I'll most likely be treated like crap when I leave, just like this poor fellow in the OP.

EDIT: I'm surprised that we haven't seen a real life Rambo: First Blood yet. Don't people think that when you train people to be killers, you should probably treat them a little better, stop calling them baby killers (happens to our vets now after Iraq) stop spitting on them in the street (happened to my uncle when he came home after NI) now you have government or whatever basically saying ''Thanks, now p*ss off.''. Conspiracy hat on, TPTB would probably love a disgruntled vet going AWOL ape # back home, give them an excuse to treat us all even worse than they already do. I see that vets get labelled for life, like being branded. Wish people realised it's just a job but oh well, who gives a crap about those ignorant people right? Oh yeah, that's right it's people like you two and that poor bloke in the OP who sacrificed more than civi's ever realise to serve and risked it all for the very same people who spit on you, call you names and then give you a crap, tiny 6th floor flat when you've got 3 limbs missing.

Me personally, I am still going to serve my country when I get the phone call, I don't care what these prats say/do to me when I get home.
edit on 5-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: Added edit.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AnalyticalDreamer

Good luck to you. Remember, it is a way of life, not just a job.
One word of advice COURSES. Take all they throw at you and when it is time to leave, be careful as to what resettlement courses you apply for.

PLEASE pay attention at you Threat Perception classes. They will keep you and your mates alive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join