It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples: What is better in your country than in the USA?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Please also provide statistics and links if possible.

When it comes to Health Care, France is number one and Italy is number two.
www.photius.com...
The USA - the richest country in the world is ranking number 37.
And USA infant mortality rate is number 41 in the world.

So access and the affordability of excellent health care reaching a majority of their people is a great freedom the people of those countries enjoy that we do not here in America or our health statistics would bear this out.

Germany has more debt than the USA but they are not worried about it because they have a large growth sector. The government in Germany is working hand in hand with the private sector to retrain people and get them back to work.
Germany does not have speed limits in many areas which I think is a "freedom" we do not have.

Impact on Germany The German Autobahn serves as the crossroads of the majority of European travel.

As a result, it increases the country's tourism. With this expansion, there is a growth in Germany's overall economy. Not only do the revenues from such tourist sites as hotels, restaurants, and attractions along the road system increase; but the positions needed to operate these facilities are filled by local Germans.

Also, the amount of imports and exports moving in and out of the country has risen due to the Autobahn. Another impact, which is more obvious, is that Germans can now travel throughout the country in a fraction of the time.

The Autobahn has also helped Germany become more modernized. In turn, it is becoming more of a contender with the industrialized countries of the world. Not surprisingly, the German word "Autobahn" means "high-speed motorway."

This road system is one of a kind. Through a glimpse of its history, structure, regulations, and impact on Germany, it is obvious that the Autobahn will continue to successfully serve Germans into the next century.maps.unomaha.edu...

The Reason Americans Can’t Have the Autobahn

In Germany, they have the Autobahn where they can go as fast as they want. They are totally focused on driving. Based on 2004 NTSB statistics, there were 42,636 deaths on U.S. Interstates and in Germany there were 694 deaths. That equates to almost one fatality for every mile of U.S. Interstates, while Germany has less than one death for every ten miles. If speed is the bad guy causing car crashes, why do our slower Interstates have 16.5 times as many accidents(when taking population into consideration)? If you still think speed is the culprit, most fatal crashes occur considerably below 75-mph. The number of speed-related fatalities in the U.S. is in fact highest on arterial roads followed by local/collector roads and, finally, the Interstates. 75% of fatal crashes occur below 50 miles per hour. In fact, most automobile crash tests–and most secondary safety devices in automobiles such as airbags–are optimized to have an impact at speeds of around 35-40 miles per hour.www.upsb.info...

I think these are a few examples of ways other countries such as France and Italy as well as Germany have stepped up to the plate and surpassed Americans.
I need to add that I am not beginning this thread to bash on America. It is my country and I love it and I would not want to live anywhere else - thanks in advance to all of you who suggest I move.

In these areas of health and transportation I see how these countries have managed to put PEOPLE FIRST, and how they have addressed the needs of their citizens better than we have here in the USA.

What else do you have in your country that you LOVE and we should have for our people here in the USA?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hi!!! hmm, what about German Beer,Cars and Sausage.. food
cool thread i l like

greetings from Germany

edit on 5-9-2011 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Nice thread and thx. I think we might consider the fact that there are alot more people in The US than there are in Germany. I also think there are population per sq mile issues maybe? Regardless I agree that The US is now owned and run by Corporations.. I cant comment on what other countires or their citizens might offer as suggestions for the USA .. I would have to ask The American People for their opinions etc on that. Not outsiders at this point.. But all suggestions are respected..

Thx

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

In New Zealand, the whole nation is like a country town.

As one comedian put it, "when the gangsta types here talk about hangin' out at their 'crib', they actually are talking about standing outside their local corner shop (dairy in NZ speak)".

Small government, small opportunity for crime & corruption.

Lot of sheep, though.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
A Constitution in which the party which controls the legislature also, by definition, controls the government, so that they can't have damaging stand-offs and stalemates.
I'm from the UK.
edit on 5-9-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
Hi!!! hmm, what about German Beer,Cars and Sausage..
cool thread i l like

greetings from Germany

This is true but we can still manage to get those here....Thank fully

I realize in many ways other countries have advantages we don't have. I would like to try and maneuver for these things for the USA. We don't know what we're missing until people come forward and tell us so, thanks for your input!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

America IMO has a similar problem to Australia with infrastructure..
It's a very BIG country to cover..
We just haven't got the taxpayers to put in things like high speed rail etc..

But from what I've read, our healthcare system leaves yours for dead..
It's close enough to free healthcare here apart from a few exceptions..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
A Constitution in which the party which controls the legislature also, by definition, controls the government, so that they can't have damaging stand-offs and stalemates.
I'm from the UK.
edit on 5-9-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

Interesting. I wonder why we did not carry that over? I am sure some Constitutional Scholar on ATS has the answer to that. I am sure it has something to do with checks and balances but you're right. Why not allow those who were legitimately elected have their say and put forth their policies?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The people x

(joke)

definitely the chocolate, hersheys tastes like sick!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
What is better here?
Well French healthcare for one, as stated by the OP.
Also, we have 18 Bank Holidays and I get 34 days holiday a year. In addition to that, I only have to work 37 hours a week.

I would call that pretty good.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

Nice thread and thx. I think we might consider the fact that there are alot more people in The US than there are in Germany. I also think there are population per sq mile issues maybe? Regardless I agree that The US is now owned and run by Corporations.. I cant comment on what other countires or their citizens might offer as suggestions for the USA .. I would have to ask The American People for their opinions etc on that. Not outsiders at this point.. But all suggestions are respected..

Thx

I'll bet about half of Americans now agree we are slaves to corporate interests. We are attached to our products however so, it is going to be hard cut the cord but, for our own sake, I am sure we will.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
What is better here?
Well French healthcare for one, as stated by the OP.
Also, we have 18 Bank Holidays and I get 34 days holiday a year. In addition to that, I only have to work 37 hours a week.

I would call that pretty good.

That is great and I am so freaking jealous! No kidding, I am.

This country su.....never mind I am trying to keep my patriotic hat on.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
The people x

(joke)

definitely the chocolate, hersheys tastes like sick!

I agree with the chocolate but I don't know your people.
You must be Belgium?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hmm...

My country (Sussex) is better at hating parking meters than the USA

In the last 7 years 400 have been blown up in the capital (Lewes) with the ones in the High Street (Main Street) have been blown up 26 times in the same period with zero injuries.

So on the zero injuries I reckon that's proof we are also better at blowing up Parking Meters

I also think it proves we are better at having worse CCTVs as no one has ever been caught or arrested for the covert bombings.

Article from 2007 when the bombings reached the 200 mark.
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Bacon!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I think the reason is that people in the eighteenth century were anxious about being controlled by the king, and thought in terms of checks and balances in order to prevent that.This was true on both sides of the Atlantic.
In the USA, you dealt with the threat in a double manner, by getting rid of the hereditary king, and also setting in place a system of checks and balances to restrain a king who wasn't there any more. In retrospect, the second solution might have been redundant.
But you couldn't carry over our own solution because our own solution had not been evolved at that stage. Only in the first half of the nineteenth century did the House of Commons really wrest control of the choice of government away from the monarchs.

link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

In New Zealand, the whole nation is like a country town.

As one comedian put it, "when the gangsta types here talk about hangin' out at their 'crib', they actually are talking about standing outside their local corner shop (dairy in NZ speak)".

Small government, small opportunity for crime & corruption.

Lot of sheep, though.

This definitely sounds like a great place to visit. At this stage America is not able to go back to the quaint old days but sometimes, in some ways (Lord knows not all) I wish we could.

link   
I would say our News media is better in the UK than America. Television news is not as partisan as it is in America. We don't have the equivalent of a FOX or MSNBC, we don't have the ideological talking heads like the Glenn Becks or Rachel Maddow's. We also don't have right wing christian fundamentalism on anywhere near the same scale.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyespying

Bacon!

Where are you and how is your bacon better?

Are you in Canada?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eyespying

Damn you!!!! I miss British bacon so much. LOL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join