It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuffed Portobellas. No breadcrumbs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
After a crazy weekend at the restaurant I work at, I'm bored tonight and just feel like posting recipes. I'm sick of every stuffing involving breadcrumbs, and this is how I stuff my mushrooms. By the way, most of my recipes' yield is for 2. Gracias

2 large portobella mushrooms
4 oz bay scallops
4 oz 16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup marsala
1 tbsp salt and pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped

Pluck the stems off the mushrooms and slice them very fine. Take the seafood, garlic and stems and saute in butter, add the marsala and let the alcohol cook off, continue cooking until the shrimp and scallops are cooked halfway through. Take off the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.Preheat oven to 375. Add the cream cheese, spices, and parsley, mix thoroughly. Place the mixture on top of the mushroom caps and bake in the oven until the caps are al dente.

I usually eat this over a bed of fettucine tossed with garlic, olive oil, roasted tomatoes, and toasted pine nuts.
If you would like, my roasted tomato recipe:

5 garden fresh tomatoes, cut in half
12 thyme sprigs
5 whole cloves of garlic
salt and pepper

Toss the halved tomatoes in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper, and the thyme sprigs. Lay out on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place a clove of garlic on top of each tomato half and roast in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.

I hope you all enjoy and aren't tired of my relentless postings of recipes.
Thank you!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sleepypoet

That sounds awesome!

I love portobellas and will now be forced to cook this tonight.

Thanks for the recipe.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I love Portabello mushrooms! Unfortunately I am not much of a seafood person, so do you have any other Portabello recipes for the "Landlubber"? I am always looking for interesting recipes, especially when they involve Mushrooms as the main constituent.

Sometimes, I just throw a huge cap on the grill, and then eat it as I would a steak with my favorite sauce. They are so versatile!

Thank you in advance.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

Yes, I do. In fact, I probably have a recipe for anything you can come up with. Food is my love, my passion, and cooking is my life. Seriously, I don't know how my wife puts up with me.

Spinach stuffed portobellas:

2 large portobellas
24 oz fresh spinach
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 oz goat cheese
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
1 tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
salt and pepper

Pluck the stems and slice very fine.Toast the garlic in butter in a saute pan nice and slow, add the stems, then add the spinach and slightly wilt. Combine the goat cheese and herbs and salt and pepper, fold together with the spinach. Preheat oven to 375, top the caps with the mixture, drizzle with olive oil and roast until the mushrooms are al dente. Serve with the pasta above. ENJOY!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Yum yum yum
...but I'm a vegetarian

that recipe sounds real yum.
I love garlic mushrooms!

Akushla

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Oh these sound yummy!

I made stuffed mushrooms a while back and posted my recipe on here as well! I also made Baddmove's stuffed mushrooms which have no bread crumbs either
those are DEADLY delicious!

I will have to make these on my next stuffed mushroom go around

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm one of those cooks who is addicted to times in my recipes.

Could you include an approximate time for al dente?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Al dente for the mushroom caps will be approximately 10-12 minutes. I usually stray away from times due to the variables in how ovens hold heat and how they are calibrated. For stoves, my idea of "medium heat" might be slightly different from yours. But, times are approximate on any recipe and one should learn to use their eyes and fingers more than times. Use it as a guideline, not a definite.

enjoy!

top topics

join