It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitution-less Conservatives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
We all know how much Ron Paul respects the Constitution, he talks about it all the time. But how does his campaign website stack up to other presidential candidates when it comes to the Constitution?

Mitt Romney's website doesn't mention the Constitution once. Same with Herman Cain and Rick Santorum.

Newt Gingrich has one refrence to the Constitution on his campaign website.

Michele Bachmann and Gary Johnson both have 9 (not bad).

But Ron Paul's campaign website has more refrences than all of the other candiadates combined, with a total of 42.

Source
edit on 5-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Using your link, let's see how Ron Paul REALLY feels about the US Constitution:

Abortion: Ron Paul wants the government to FORCE mothers to give birth to children whether they want to or not. This is government intervention. The right to choose whether or not to have an abortion should be between the parents, and not the government.

Statement of Faith: Ron Paul wants Cannon Law. As evidenced here:

We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures

Excuse me? What about the separation of church and state? Why must this politician shove down MY throat his religious beliefs and have those religious beliefs dictate his decisions as president? Had he been Muslim, this would be a major issue. I don't want cannon law to dictate my life.

He also wants a holy war!

Once war is declared, it must be waged according to Just War principles.

Just War principals? How about the Geneva Convention? Oh no, that's secular and not GOD'S WILL!

Homeschooling

Ron Paul wants to dumb down America, and make it impossible for the poor to compete in the private sector. Ron Paul feels that only the rich deserve an adequate education. I am sure that Ron Paul wasn't home schooled to his doctorate. I am willing to bet that he went to a university. That's an opportunity that he got that he doesn't want the poor to be able to receive.

While I am sure that some parents are quite capable of homeschooling their children, and they probably do well to prepare them for a life filled with opportunities, some parents don't have the education themselves to properly instruct their children. This is why we have public schools. Thomas Jefferson was the first to suggest a public school system. But apparently Ron Paul knows better than one of the founders of our country.

After the Declaration of Independence, 14 states had their own constitutions by 1791, and out of the 14, 7 states had specific provisions for education. Jefferson believed that education should be under the control of the government, free from religious biases, and available to all people irrespective of their status in society. Others who vouched for public education around the same time were Benjamin Rush, Noah Webster, Robert Coram and George Washington. It was still very difficult to translate the concept to practice because of the political upheavals, vast immigration, and economic transformations. Thus, even for many more decades, there were many private schools, and charitable and religious institutions dominating the scene.

Ron Paul wants your kids to be stupid and subservient to the corporate elite.

Immigration:

Ron Paul wants to take away YOUR citizenship. That's right, if you aren't rich enough, he wants YOUR birthright to be a natural born American stripped from you.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Ending birthright citizenship means that only those that are able to pay or are in politically will be allowed to be citizens of this country. This is a slight of hand tactic that the extreme right is using in order to allow for slavery to be legal in the US again.

See, if Ron Paul is elected president, freedom in this country is going to be endangered. With his idea that children should be home schooled unless the parents are rich enough to send their children to private school, he will have a generation of illiterate dullards who won't know enough to defend themselves against his further attacks on freedom.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I figure an honest rebuttal based on interpretation is needed to counter a very hostile HauntWok. Hostile in the tone they set in rebutting the OP. I have no intentions of making Ron Paul look better, but applying some critical thought and less perceived hatred.

Originally posted by HauntWok
Ron Paul wants the government to FORCE mothers to give birth to children...[T]his is government intervention. The right to choose whether or not to have an abortion should be between the parents, and not the government.

The issue of abortion should not be a government issue nor a political one. Alas it is. We can use the same reasoning in saying because of government intervention, that the State has forced otherwise private institutions to provide either coverage or the operation of abortions. The Federal Government has no authority to dictate if abortion is morally right/wrong; yet for decades they have done just that.

We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures

The main issue I have with your above quote is you cherry-picked the statement. Taken not from Ron Paul's political statement, but rather his personal message about his background. The full statement reads:

We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators.

While we could examine his personal beliefs and say he wants to apply "Cannon Law", the premise of his statement is not even remotely such. He makes a valid point of moving back to "honest weights and measures" rather than the fiat currency we operate under. I do not see how applying such common sense to the currency is considered shoving religion down peoples' throats.

Once war is declared, it must be waged according to Just War principles.

Again, you cherry picked the statement. Also, do you even know what Just War theory is? Conventions such as the Geneva Convention is based on such theory. While such a theory does have its draw backs, I would rather we hold to what Paul says:

We should only fight when it’s in our national security interest...

Ron Paul wants to dumb down America, and make it impossible for the poor to compete in the private sector. Ron Paul feels that only the rich deserve an adequate education...

While I am sure that some parents are quite capable of homeschooling their children, and they probably do well to prepare them for a life filled with opportunities, some parents don't have the education themselves to properly instruct their children. This is why we have public schools.

So we maintain the State's monopoly upon the education of the children because of a few? That argument can be taken deeper and could question how much a failure of responsibility it is for parents that don't have the tools to foster, grow and educate their own children is a major problem. This is interesting in contrast to your earlier statement about abortion. There you said "The right to choose whether or not to have an abortion should be between the parents, and not the government", yet in this situation you are arguing exactly the opposite. Picking and choosing areas over our lives that the government should be apart of.

Consider this. Since the creation of the Department of Education test scores of American children have been flat (math and reading) and dropping (in science). Money can't fix public schools, yet year after year we dump more and more in the the State's monopoly on education.

It is time to break that mold. Calling on homeschooling, requires a huge culture change in which people understand it is their responsibility to raise the child, not the State.

Ron Paul wants to take away YOUR citizenship. That's right, if you aren't rich enough, he wants YOUR birthright to be a natural born American stripped from you.

Ending birthright citizenship means that only those that are able to pay or are in politically will be allowed to be citizens of this country.

I am unsure if that is the intended purpose. You may be correct, but I don't know enough about his position on the roots of the problem. Ending this won't fix much of the immigration issue though.

See, if Ron Paul is elected president, freedom in this country is going to be endangered...[H]e will have a generation of illiterate dullards who won't know enough to defend themselves against his further attacks on freedom.

How is freedom endangered when more freedom is placed into the hands of the citizens? And you think we have generations of scholars that DO recognize the attacks on their freedoms? Just look at the reading comprehension levels presented on this site and then answer that question honestly..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Lets face it. If Politicians mention The Constitution too much then The People are going to start to think about it more and start asking questions... We can't have that can we?

Thank you for the thread op..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

So much spin, so little time...

Abortion: Ron Paul wants the government to FORCE mothers to give birth to children whether they want to or not. This is government intervention. The right to choose whether or not to have an abortion should be between the parents, and not the government.

Actually, the government cannot force mothers into having children. Nature does that. Childbearing is a natural result of sexual relations between a male and a female, in order to perpetuate the species. No government can order an edict to change that. Not even if Ron Paul is running it.

What the website actually states as his intent is this:

* Immediately saving lives by effectively repealing Roe v. Wade and preventing activist judges from interfering with state decisions on life by removing abortion from federal court jurisdiction through legislation modeled after his “We the People Act.”

* Defining life as beginning at conception by passing a “Sanctity of Life Act.”

Now, abortion itself is such an emotionally-charged and widely-encompassing issue that it would be capable of filling several threads by itself. So allow me to simply say this: nowhere in the US Constitution is there any mention of abortion, meaning that according to the 10th Amendment the decision of whether or not abortion is legal must by law be left to the states. Also, there is no question as to whether a fertilized egg cell is alive; the question is rather one of whether or not it deserves protection under the law at that state.

As it stands right now, there is definitely intrusion into the lives of the people concerning abortion, although it is on the side of abortion being so at-will that children can be literally ripped into pieces during birth as long as the ripping happens before it reaches a certain point. That much I can say with certainty is wrong and should be considered for what it is: legal murder.

Excuse me? What about the separation of church and state? Why must this politician shove down MY throat his religious beliefs and have those religious beliefs dictate his decisions as president? Had he been Muslim, this would be a major issue. I don't want cannon law to dictate my life.

I fail to see how simply demanding truth in advertising and realistic monetary policy is forcing religion down your throat. The Bible upholds the idea of paying taxes; do you complain that paying taxes is 'pushing religion down your throat'? The Bible upholds charity; do you complain that allowing people to give to those less fortunate is 'pushing religion down your throat'?

Actually, the whole point of that section of his site is that he is against waging war for any reasons that do not directly affect the US National Security (ie. invasion, attack, threats of such, etc.). He is actually holding the reverse position you accuse him of.

Oh, puh-leeze! Paul supports encouraging, not mandating, home- and private-schooling. And considering that we are already being dumbed down to the extent that other countries see the US as a bunch of bumbling baboons intellectually because of our pathetic public school system, I hardly think your complaint has much in the way of substance to stand on.

Our children are already becoming stupid and subservient to the government elite.

Amendment 14 of the United States Constitution:

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

That was put in place to cover the children of former slaves, meaning they would become American citizens upon birth. Amendment 13 abolished slavery, but did not specifically address the children of former slaves. I, along with many others, believe it was never intended to mean that children born to those already illegally inside the country would be automatic citizens, and that the present such interpretation is flawed and incorrect.

Never is there a single mention of citizenship being tied to financial status, and any change would require a Constitutional amendment or judicial decision from the SCOTUS.

Reading: it does a body good.

TheRedneck
edit on 9/5/2011 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
HauntWok.

You are either the most politically uninformed person I have ever seen...that can spell, an Obama Supportr with an agenda, or you are a misguided Tea Partier idiot who is massively uninformed. take your pick. I vote a little of all 3

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's obvious to me that Ron Paul wants to force women to carry incest and rape fetuses to term and be forced to give birth to them.

It's also obvious to me that Ron Paul wants Christian Sharia Law enforced on everyone throughout the union (this is cannon law by the way). Frankly his religion bothers me, as it's historically a very violent religion. Even today, you have Christian extremist terror groups like the WBC and The Army of God, operating in the US. So having a candidate with such extremist religious viewpoints is worrisome to me. I certainly don't want to be beheaded by the Ron Paul Christian Death squads. These people are already out there, as evidenced by this clip from a Rand Paul debate, this is Ron Paul's son and this shows the extremist nature of anyone who supports Ron or Rand Paul:

I guess we will all have to vote for Ron Paul or face the same from his supporters.

It's obvious to me that Ron Paul wants you to either home school your children or if you have the money put them into private schools, this will only create a larger rift between the classes as many of those children of poor families that he forces to be home schooled won't have the same opportunities as children who's parents have the means to put them through private school.

It's also obvious to me his disdain for the Jus Soli citizenship that we all enjoy now by wanting to repeal the 14th Amendment. No where does he offer any explanation to what he intends to do with the children born of citizens, so to assume that this will just affect children of illegals is suspect at best. I believe that it's simply a right wing ploy to subjugate people in the US who aren't born to parents of means and turn them into slaves of the corporate elite.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It's obvious to me that Ron Paul wants to force women to carry incest and rape fetuses to term and be forced to give birth to them.

It's also obvious to me that Ron Paul wants Christian Sharia Law enforced on everyone throughout the union (this is cannon law by the way). Frankly his religion bothers me, as it's historically a very violent religion. Even today, you have Christian extremist terror groups like the WBC and The Army of God, operating in the US. So having a candidate with such extremist religious viewpoints is worrisome to me. I certainly don't want to be beheaded by the Ron Paul Christian Death squads.
You can't be serious dude, that is the most uninformed political trolling I've ever seen.

Sharia Law? Death squads? Where do you hear these things? Do you realize that video you posted is of Rand Paul supporters?
edit on 5-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Using your link, let's see how Ron Paul REALLY feels about the US Constitution:

Homeschooling

Ron Paul wants to dumb down America, and make it impossible for the poor to compete in the private sector. Ron Paul feels that only the rich deserve an adequate education. I am sure that Ron Paul wasn't home schooled to his doctorate. I am willing to bet that he went to a university. That's an opportunity that he got that he doesn't want the poor to be able to receive.

While I am sure that some parents are quite capable of homeschooling their children, and they probably do well to prepare them for a life filled with opportunities, some parents don't have the education themselves to properly instruct their children. This is why we have public schools. Thomas Jefferson was the first to suggest a public school system. But apparently Ron Paul knows better than one of the founders of our country.

After the Declaration of Independence, 14 states had their own constitutions by 1791, and out of the 14, 7 states had specific provisions for education. Jefferson believed that education should be under the control of the government, free from religious biases, and available to all people irrespective of their status in society. Others who vouched for public education around the same time were Benjamin Rush, Noah Webster, Robert Coram and George Washington. It was still very difficult to translate the concept to practice because of the political upheavals, vast immigration, and economic transformations. Thus, even for many more decades, there were many private schools, and charitable and religious institutions dominating the scene.

Immigration:

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Ending birthright citizenship means that only those that are able to pay or are in politically will be allowed to be citizens of this country. This is a slight of hand tactic that the extreme right is using in order to allow for slavery to be legal in the US again.

See, if Ron Paul is elected president, freedom in this country is going to be endangered. With his idea that children should be home schooled unless the parents are rich enough to send their children to private school, he will have a generation of illiterate dullards who won't know enough to defend themselves against his further attacks on freedom.

Those are all ridiculous interpretations of Ron Paul's stances.

*He wants the Federal Government to get out of the abortion business. He personally believes that life begins at conception, but does NOT think the Federal Government should enact legislation pro- or against abortion.

*Homeschooling? Really? I'm a public school teacher and FULLY support the practice of homeschooling. The children do NOT belong to the state. They belong to the parents. Why NOT allow the parents to homeschool? It makes sense to give tax credits for that. That would actually SAVE money...do you know how much we waste in public schools?

*He isn't advocating doing away with public schools. Getting rid of the Department of Education is not the same thing. He thinks states and local communities should run their own schools. It is clear you do not understand his argument.

*He doesn't want to take away MY citizenship, or YOURS (unless you are here illegally). My parents and their parents were citizens, which makes me a citizen. He's talking about the practice of having "anchor babies.' Do you think it's a good idea to allow anyone and everyone to come over to the US and have a baby that is automatically a citizen? The original intent of the 14th amendment was not to grant automatic citizenship to children of illegal aliens. Here's a place you can read about the issue: www.14thamendment.us...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's also obvious to me that Ron Paul wants Christian Sharia Law enforced on everyone throughout the union

I have never heard of Christian Sharia Law. Could you tell me more about that? I was under the impression that Sharia Law was something entirely different.

NOTE: I am being sarcastic, because I know that there is no Christian Sharia Law. And don't tell me about the Crusades, because that is not relevant to today's Christianity.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's obvious to me that Ron Paul wants you to either home school your children or if you have the money put them into private schools, this will only create a larger rift between the classes as many of those children of poor families that he forces to be home schooled won't have the same opportunities as children who's parents have the means to put them through private school.

Where in the world do you get that idea????

That is not anything he has said.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Excuse me? What about the separation of church and state? Whyreligious beliefs and have those religious beliefs dictate his decisibe a major issue. I don't want cannon law to dictate my life.

Once again Hauntwok,
The phrase "separation of Church and State" is not in the constitution.
That particular phrase which should read "a wall of separation, between Church and State" came from a letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to the Dunsbury baptist church. It's been taken out of context and twisted to mean what the ACLU and left leaning supreme court judges want it to mean.
The first amendment was actually written to protect the church from the state. Not the other way around. The entire constitution is a document whos sole purpose is to protect the people from the government.
Not the Government from the people or the church.
If you take the time to read it in that context it may make more sence to you.

Quad

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Oh come on, REALLY? wow if this isn't shear ignorance and idiocy at its best. Do you really think that Ron Paul will have death squads? Has there been any proof of ANYONE in the United States causing harm to anyone opposed to Paul?

It's also obvious to me that Ron Paul wants Christian Sharia Law enforced on everyone throughout the union (this is cannon law by the way). Frankly his religion bothers me, as it's historically a very violent religion. Even today, you have Christian extremist terror groups like the WBC and The Army of God, operating in the US. So having a candidate with such extremist religious viewpoints is worrisome to me. I certainly don't want to be beheaded by the Ron Paul Christian Death squads. These people are already out there, as evidenced by this clip from a Rand Paul debate, this is Ron Paul's son and this shows the extremist nature of anyone who supports Ron or Rand Paul:

Where to start? Do you even know what Sharia law is? First off, it is Muslim, NOT Christian. Second, he is not an extremist, If anything, he is very modest with his religion. And well, It is NOT a "historically very violent religion" as you so put it. The crusades were not about religion, they were about politics. If you want to talk about Christian groups, Look into the Knights of Columbus and other Christian charity groups like them.

And sorry, I must be out of the loop. Please inform me on any terrorist actions from any of these "christian extremist terror groups". Abortion clinic bombings, done by Psychos. NOT sanctioned by ANY religion. WBC? mainly lawyers and sick people who use peoples emotions to attack them, so that they can SUE. These FEW FEW FEW individuals are nothing more than a FEW sick people who claim that they are a member of a religion, who use that religion to justify their cause.

You know, you are special. I don't see a lot of name calling on ATS, most people are pretty mature about it. But, either you are very uniformed. or you sir, are an idiot. I just hope that you are uninformed. and wake up soon.

Abortion was NEVER a government decision. According to the 10th amendment, It is a choice to be made by the states. And Ron Paul knows this. He doesn't like the fact that the government forces us to pay for it with our tax dollars.

You really need to open your eyes and your mind. Do not shut down any one side of an argument because you heard an opposition to it first. Hear both sides, EDUCATE YOURSELF. Know all the facts, so that you can learn. So that you can present a valid argument. And most importantly, So that you don't look like a fool.

He who walks with open eyes, but a closed mind, is still blind and destined to walk off a cliff.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Sharia Law? Death squads? Where do you hear these things? Do you realize that video you posted is of Rand Paul supporters?

Yes Rand Paul supporters, the same ilk as Ron Paul supporters, extremists who will step on the neck of anyone who has a constitutionally protected right to decent against the fascist ideals of the Paul regime.

I'm actually more afraid of Paul's Cannon Law, his extremist religious ideology should make him completely un-electable. I certainly don't want to be forced to practice a religion I don't believe in, from what it reads on Ron Paul's campaign site, that's certainly a possibility. To do otherwise will incur the wrath of his supporters and probably a trip to a concentration (re education) camp and the death penalty.

reply to post by Quadrivium

The first amendment was actually written to protect the church from the state. Not the other way around. The entire constitution is a document whos sole purpose is to protect the people from the government.

Are we living in a theocracy? I don't think so, from my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong) don't we live in a Republic? For some reason I don't think that we should have radical religious types in our government shoving down our throats their version of morality and their cult's laws.

The fact that Ron Paul puts so much emphasis on his cult's teachings and even readily admits that they influence decisions that he will make as president shows me that he doesn't care at all about the US Constitution but instead cares more about Cannon Law.

And sorry, I must be out of the loop. Please inform me on any terrorist actions from any of these "christian extremist terror groups". Abortion clinic bombings, done by Psychos. NOT sanctioned by ANY religion. WBC? mainly lawyers and sick people who use peoples emotions to attack them, so that they can SUE. These FEW FEW FEW individuals are nothing more than a FEW sick people who claim that they are a member of a religion, who use that religion to justify their cause.

You do know the work of the WBC, and the terrorism they cause to military funerals. You do know the work of the Army of God. (look it up if you want to) you can't tell me that these aren't terrorist groups. Look at the KKK, they are a christian group, and they are readily referenced as a terrorist group.

It just goes to show that the entirety of the Christian faith is an extremist terrorist organization just like TEA Party members like to paint Islam as a terrorist faith.

Ron Paul doesn't understand that this country was founded on the principals of freedom of religion. Part of that freedom is the freedom to not be governed by a religious cult, part of that freedom is to not have elected officials use dogma to influence their lawmaking decisions as obviously Ron Paul does. Sure he has the freedom to believe in any religion he chooses, and that's fine by me. But the second his religion crosses the threshold of our Republic, that's in my opinion wrong.

Abortion was NEVER a government decision. According to the 10th amendment, It is a choice to be made by the states. And Ron Paul knows this. He doesn't like the fact that the government forces us to pay for it with our tax dollars.

I would first look up the history of Roe V Wade before trying to debate people on it.

Roe V Wade was at first a state decision, that went to the Supreme Court. and Ron Paul wants to throw the constitution out of the window and overturn Roe V Wade from the Executive branch. It's a Judicial branch problem, however, Ron Paul having 0 interest in preserving or defending the constitution has in his statement on what he would do as President has made it clear that he would usurp the powers delegated to the judicial branch and overturn their decision.

Ron Paul is about the biggest enemy of freedom there is.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Please get your quotes straight in the above post.
And the "dogma", as you call it, is actually what those who wrote the constitution based it on.
Lol, you talk like anyone who is a Christian should not be allowed to serve in office. They shouldn't be seen or heard, huh?
Before spewing this trash prehaps you would like to do a little research on our founding fathers, look at their others writtings, their beliefs, their hopes and fears for this country.
No one is going to MAKE you a Christian, no one is going to force it on you. You on the other hand seem quite ready to label all Christians as second class, inferior citizens.
We are equal, my friend. Me as a Christian and you as Whatever you choose to be.
We share the same equality in the USA because of the Constitution not in spite of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Please get your quotes straight in the above post.

Yes, I did mess up the quotes above, I do apologize.

And the "dogma", as you call it, is actually what those who wrote the constitution based it on.
Lol, you talk like anyone who is a Christian should not be allowed to serve in office. They shouldn't be seen or heard, huh?

Christians should have the freedom to believe what they will, and practice their religion as they see fit, however, where their freedom ends is where my freedom begins. I should not have to tolerate a zealot in office spouting dogma and trying to pass laws forcing their religion into my life.

Before spewing this trash prehaps you would like to do a little research on our founding fathers, look at their others writtings, their beliefs, their hopes and fears for this country.

I know that they wouldn't want this country to turn into a theocracy, or have the church dictate policy.

No one is going to MAKE you a Christian, no one is going to force it on you. You on the other hand seem quite ready to label all Christians as second class, inferior citizens.

This is exactly what Conservatives want to do with Muslims, I don't see why it's acceptable to dehumanize Muslims, but when that exact same treatment is turned towards Christians, they whine and cry the 1st Amendment.

We are equal, my friend. Me as a Christian and you as Whatever you choose to be.
We share the same equality in the USA because of the Constitution not in spite of it.

However I still have to live under the laws based on Cannon Law. Christmas, clearly a Christian holiday, is still federally observed, which according to the 1st Amendment is unconstitutional.

See this is why Ron Paul hates the US Constitution, hates freedom, and hates everyone who has the constitutionally protected right to be free from Dogma, and be forced into subservience to Ron Paul's corporate masters.

The problem with having a person who is so obviously a Christian extremist as Ron Paul obviously is, is that his decisions are based off of his Cannon Law. You wouldn't want to be forced to live under Sharia Law, (neither would I) I would expect to not be forced to live under Cannon Law either.

And this is why Ron Paul should not be elected to the White House, in fact he shouldn't be in Congress either. We certainly don't need his Christian extremism forced down our throats. The fact that he wants to usurp the Supreme Court and forcibly overturn Roe V Wade is further proof of his hatred and disdain for the Constitution, he doesn't seem to understand that the US Government shouldn't be in the business of forcing women to give birth.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yes Rand Paul supporters, the same ilk as Ron Paul supporters, extremists who will step on the neck of anyone who has a constitutionally protected right to decent against the fascist ideals of the Paul regime.
Dude that's so dumb, you're showing a video of one candidates supporters and comparing them to supporters of someone else. Can I show you some videos of stupid Sarah Palin supporters and conclude that lots of Rick Perry supporters are stupid? :shk:

Show us some videos of Ron Paul supporters assaulting a woman like that and I'll be happy to listen to your trollish nonsense. Just because their names are similar doesn't mean they are the same person.

I'm actually more afraid of Paul's Cannon Law, his extremist religious ideology should make him completely un-electable. I certainly don't want to be forced to practice a religion I don't believe in, from what it reads on Ron Paul's campaign site, that's certainly a possibility. To do otherwise will incur the wrath of his supporters and probably a trip to a concentration (re education) camp and the death penalty.
I don't know what you've read or what you're referring to, but Ron Paul knows the Constitution, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't toss our First Amendment right to freedom of religion out of the window in office just because he's religious. I don't know where you get the idea that Ron Paul will install some unconstitutional Christian concentration camps and force us to be religious, but that's a bunch of BS and at this point it's safe to declare you a troll.
edit on 7-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Rand Paul is Ron Paul's son, it's safe to assume that he was elected through his father's name recognition. It's also reasonable to assume that the people who support Rand Paul, support Ron Paul, and the behavior of those supporters shows the fanaticism common to the fan base of these politicians.

Ron Paul's ideology troubles me, he believes that as President he would have the authority to usurp the Judicial branch and overturn Roe V Wade. Obviously showing that Ron Paul hates the US Constitution and would spit on it in an instant in order to further his agenda of turning the US into a Theocratic Oligarchy.

Also the fact that he won't divulge what he plans on doing after he repeals the 14th Amendment and thus strips every natural born American of their birthright citizenship shows that he is working for the corporate elite. Who would love a entire country full of people with no constitutional rights.

No politician outlines what they would do after repealing the 14th Amendment. Their supporters just assume that it will only affect the children of Illegals, when it's implications are far reaching indeed. Every single American will be effected by such a change in the Constitution, and without a framework in place to explain how Natural Born Americans won't loose their god given right to be citizens of this country, it makes me think that it's only furthering the agenda to strip people of their rights and force us all into slavery to a corporate oligarchy.

I'm not going to insult you with any ad hominem attacks as you have me, I'm just explaining how I feel that Ron Paul hates the US Constitution and freedom. It's apparent in his campaign website as you have provided.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just to kind of steer this back onto the OP's topic, just because Ron Paul talks about the Constitution more than his opponents does, doesn't mean he actually has any inclination to uphold the Constitution.

The proof of this is his desire to overturn Roe V Wade. This is a supreme court decision, and as such, it belongs directly to the purview of the Judicial branch outlined in Article III of the United States Constitution. Ron Paul can want to overturn it all he wants, but until he appoints enough "activist judges" to the US Supreme Court to overturn the decision, he just isn't going to do it.

Whether you are pro choice or pro life doesn't matter at this point, what matters is that the Executive branch of the government does not have the power to usurp the judicial branch, and for that Ron Paul has proven that he hates the US Constitution.

Furthermore, Ron Paul has shown his disdain for the American people by wanting to strip everyone of their jus soli citizenship. When you are born in this country, you are automatically a citizen, thanks to the 14th Amendment. But to remove this Amendment, it will take another Constitutional Amendment. But Ron Paul seems to think that the Executive branch has the authority to strip out Constitutional Amendments at will. If he understood and loved the US Constitution as he says he does, he would realize that Article V of the US Constitution outlines the procedure to amend the US Constitution, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Executive Branch.

Article. V.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

www.archives.gov...

Politicians promise the world, the sad thing is, many people are stupid enough to believe them, this is the problem we are having with Obama. He promised the world, but is impotent to deliver. And when you have someone that wants to usurp the powers in the Constitution like Ron Paul does, it doesn't matter how many times his website claims that he is for it, his actions speak louder than his words do.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The proof of this is his desire to overturn Roe V Wade. This is a supreme court decision, and as such, it belongs directly to the purview of the Judicial branch outlined in Article III of the United States Constitution. Ron Paul can want to overturn it all he wants, but until he appoints enough "activist judges" to the US Supreme Court to overturn the decision, he just isn't going to do it.

Why do you think Ron Paul wants to use the power of the presidency to overturn Roe v Wade?

Furthermore, Ron Paul has shown his disdain for the American people by wanting to strip everyone of their jus soli citizenship. When you are born in this country, you are automatically a citizen, thanks to the 14th Amendment. But to remove this Amendment, it will take another Constitutional Amendment. But Ron Paul seems to think that the Executive branch has the authority to strip out Constitutional Amendments at will.

What makes you think Ron Paul wants to edit the constitution using the presidency?

It seems like you do not like Ron Paul but all of your arguments are based on a strawman. Why stop there, why not just say he wants to execute all non-Christians (wait you sort of did above). I have a strong dislike of your posts because you are not engaging in discussion you just have an agenda of slandering Ron Paul.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join