It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear in US as drug shortages mount

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Important news.

...Big Pharma doesn't want to make generic drugs - they're not as profitable as the ones still under patent protection. So surprise, surprise - generic drugs are getting hit with production delays and quality issues. There are shortages. And price gouging. And deaths.

At the same time, shortages are hitting some drugs still on-patent. Why? Because the same mother corporations who own controlling shares in Big Pharma also own the medical insurance providers - and they do NOT want to keep the useless eaters and unemployed disabled alive indefinitely.

It's a standard corporate win-win strategy. In this case, population reduction and control, plus mega- mega-bucks.

And a standard tactic: make you sick; produce the treatment.

The Global Corporate Government controls: the industries that create disease; the Big Pharmaceutical companies that manufacture the treatments (not cures); the insurance companies that cover corporate liability AND environmental health effects. (Everything else too, but that's beside the point.)

They've got the perfect win-win situation: no liability for creating disease; no medical coverage except to keep you working; when disease progresses to debilitation and disability (which it does and will), your coverage ends on the grounds that your disease is genetic or age-related, if not lifestyle-related and therefor a "personal liability."

NOTE: Many of these environmental diseases have effects that can be passed on - the inherited diseases are not really "genetic," just familial, but they are commonly described as "genetic."

The Global Corporate Government's goal is to keep the population working but dependent on drug treatment, and get rid of the "useless eaters" as soon as they succumb or become too costly to keep going.

My thread on this topic: Drug Shortages are Leading to Price Gouging and Safety Issues

edit on 5/9/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
OP, for what it's worth, i am seeing the same shortage in some veterinary drugs. I am office manager of a very busy animal hospital, and more and more often, i'm getting back orders on drugs we use quite often. Sometimes i can get them compounded at a pharmacy, or buy the equivilant from a human pharmacy, but not always. i wan't aware this was an issue in human medicine too.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by subbcindy

...i am seeing the same shortage in some veterinary drugs. ...Sometimes i can ...buy the equivilant from a human pharmacy...

Using human drugs on animals is just one of the many industrial practices that's creating drug-resistant strains and new diseases that jump species and threaten to go pandemic.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Thanks for posting these videos. I have some considerable time going over them. I would recommend to those who haven't watched them to do so.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have been in healthcare for almost 10 years now and have never seen it this bad. I have had injectable steroids on backorder since March. Injectable B12 since May and no word on when they might arrive. The funny thing is B12 shots come out of the patients pocket anyway, insurance usually won't cover it. Also, I'm constantly taking calls from pharmacies that can't find the drugs we write for and we have to change the patients RX. It's all about greed. New designer drugs make more money than trusted generics. It's sick! Stock piling is a possibility too, but money seems to be the bigger part of it. I'm more than ready for the change already.
Keep Safe,
Heather

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
An easy solution would be to inform the public and teach them to grow and properly use herbal remedies.

Many plants have qualified healing and soothing, life prolonging affects. Two that immediately come to mind are weed (cannabis) and the aloe plant. There are MANY more though.

Of course, if a governing body truly wanted to find a solution to the problem of drug shortages, we would see this plan already happening. If this is about profiting versus the health of the people, then the solution listed above will never be tried.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Salamandy because: caught a than where it should have read then. Prob more but that was bothering me

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

i guess the situation won't last very long since people would otherwise discover that many of these treatments are worse than doing nothing.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

i guess the situation won't last very long since people would otherwise discover that many of these treatments are worse than doing nothing.

Indeed.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I found this thread from a few weeks ago:

Shortage of key hospital drugs a "major crisis"

Didn't get much attention at the time...the OP posited as possibility hoarding for some kind of SHTF scenario among those in the know (i.e., militaries, governments, etc.)

I will embed the clips from that link for those who might be interested.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join