It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cilantro Crusted Scallops. Perfect for a hot summer evening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The nights here in the northeast are still muggy and the air is heavy, and I find few things more refreshing than my recipe for these scallops paired with a nice crisp riesling, my personal favorite is Chateau St. Michelle.

For 2:

Cilantro butter:
4 oz unsalted butter
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped fine
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1/4 tsp salt

Soften the butter, combine all the ingredients. Take siran wrap and place the butter in the middle of a sheet, roll the butter up in the siran and created a log by twisting the ends and twirling, rounding out the butter. Place in the refrigerator and let harden.
Crust:

1 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
2 tsp Kosher salt

I like to make my own panko with "fresh" day old bread, but store bought works just fine. Simply add all the ingredients together. You won't need that much of the crust, so seal the bread crumbs and store in a dry area.

Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.Take 10-12 large sea scallops, get a saute pan smoking hot, add olive oil, sear the scallops on one side. Flip the scallops, take out your butter "log" and cut 10-12 thin discs. Place the discs on top of the scallops, then place the panko mixture on top of the butter. Place in your pre heated oven until the crust is a wonderful golden brown.

I usually eat these with a nice simple salad. Just a mesculun mix with avocados and pepitas with a light vinaigrette. Don't forget your wine!

bon appetite.
edit on 5-9-2011 by sleepypoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by sleepypoet because: I can't seem to spell tonight.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My Stomach Screams feed me reading this Recipe! Thanks

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I love scallops! I will have to try this. Always looking for low-fat recipes so thanks for sharing!

join