It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to the Los Angeles Battleground of 1942...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I believe this is the most significant UFO case with photographic evidence and eyewitness to back it up. I also live fairly close to the area so I decided to go visit the place that started it all.

Here is the original photo with matching cliffs...

This is the same cliff today...

Here is the cliff from the other side...

Here is where a AA gun emplacement was at Fort MacArthur...

If you have never been it a beautiful place. It is awesome to be able to say I was actually there when people look at the original photo.

If you want to take a trip to the place, here is the google map coordinates...

maps.google.com...,-118.287945&spn=0.000009,0.012574&vp6&z=17&layer=c&cbll=33.716958,-118.287945&panoid=EA5dhrdEq249kYlAVPOw_Q&c bp=12,36.84,,0,0

edit on 4-9-2011 by illusion987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
surely the most dramatic if not remarkable UFO picture ever taken by far. Just what was in the spot lights that day?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is actually the most compelling UFO evidence out there. It can't be a weather balloon/Chinese lantern since it stayed in the area for more than an hour and the military would not shoot at a weather balloon for more than an hour without pulverizing it. No one can deny either than this event didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just noticed the "UFO" I caught in the red area of the new photo. Probably a helicopter, LAPD, that was searching the area for a jumper...Apparently they get a lot of them...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Funny you just post posted this, just saw the movie (which has nothing to do with this event) Movie was terrible, like a poorly made "Black Hawk Down" with aliens instead of Somalis...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It's always cool when someone takes the time to share pics from field research so to speak. Makes lore a little more real. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Only read a little about this in the past. I will have a good read into it now.

Thanks very much.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Interesting work sir. I like your style.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
Funny you just post posted this, just saw the movie (which has nothing to do with this event) Movie was terrible, like a poorly made "Black Hawk Down" with aliens instead of Somalis...

Lol i thought it was a shiny, non-south african version of district 9.

There is also a few youtube vid's of the night the OP's picture was made, err i mean the video of the event, in black and white.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Actually had a thought about this the other day, if this sighting caused so much concern (which it did), why weren't there more incidents like this during the course of WW2? To cap it all off, there was a major influx of incidents/reports after WW2.

Does this mean that no other incidents were reported during the war or if it was an ET UFO over L.A., does it mean that the aliens piloting these things made a decision to give earth a wide berth until after the war? Outwith the foo fighters over Europe of course.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am actually SPEECHLESS in regards to the comments:

"Most significant UFO case"
"most dramatic UFo picture ever taken..."
"most compelling UFO evidence..."

I need to say your standards in regards to UFO research must be really, really low.

Those could likely have been weather balloons or whatever else, commercial planes or the whole event was staged. We will probably never know. The picture doesn't show anything else than bright dots.

Where is the "most significant" and "most compelling UFO evidence" here? As long as there are many alternative explanations it simply is not.

Edit: Thanks for pictures, but as i said for an UFO case i don't think there is a lot to go with...
edit on 5-9-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Its impossible for this to be a Weather Balloon or a Blimp because all the shells and explosive that were shot at this object would of obliterated any weather balloon. In Fact Or Faked they took ONE shot at a weather balloon and it popped in one shot.

There is also Eye Witness testimony who saw this object. They claim it was Cigar Shaped.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think it's fair to say that it had to be something out of the norm as ANYTHING else would've been obliterated with the amount of artillery chucked at it. This ain't no JAL1628, Iran, Belgium or Stephenville incident for sure, but still intriguing.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

You obviously have never read about this case then, it's probably the best case to use if your trying to convince somebody that UFOs are something to pay attention to.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To me the best thing about the movie is Nia Peeples in that tight MJ12 bodysuit

I've always been a big believer in ancient aliens but I've sort of downgraded that to "ancient technology". There's a small possibility that if there was ancient tech it could be (survived pre-cataclysmic) advanced Earthlings rather than ancient aliens. Of course there's also the possibility that both are true

I can't see the pics?

top topics

join