It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacques Chirac brain disorder likely to wreck trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Now, this is a classic defense for the sleazy, conniving, thieving, corrupt politician. Apparently, former President of France, Jacque Chirac has developed a neurological condition that makes you forget your forget? Now this seems to be a little off to me? I hope I am not the only one?

What the hell?! The former President is about to face corruption charges from his time as mayor of Paris, and all of sudden and cited in the article,"he forgets he forgets?" So much for accountability and holding the politician's feet to the fire when they are stealing from the taxpayer, taking bribes, or using their office for influence and financial gain? I suppose corrupt politicians can rejoice because there is a medical disorder they actually want to get. Just amazing!

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-9-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Fast forward to about 1 minute and listen to the guy with the cigar.

Honestly, this should've been taken care of a long time ago. It's 2011 and he's being tried for what he did in 1995? I'm sure he was a thief, but who cares at this point... It might still be relevant after 16 years, but the guy is 78. Just let him die knowing he was scum.
edit on 5-9-2011 by TheSnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
He was protected by the law when he was president, he is now protected by his political relations. I'm sure they found a judge that will be convenient for this case, and Chirac will then automatically regain all his mental faculties and feel much better.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A politician involved with corruption and scandal.

I'm shocked! This is rare. Not many politicians that I am aware of have been involved in scandals.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Yeah, nothing new here. However, I find it odd that right when he is about to face the music all of sudden he forgets that he forgets? What's up with that? The court is going to buy that lame excuse? This lame excuse about this illness is what is odd to me. The charges will be dropped and his memory will go back to normal as he sips wine at his chateau while counting stacks of Euros. What a joke!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Kinda ironic when you know that he just published the second tome of his "mémoires".
He can put them on paper, but can't talk to a judge, classic double standards.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

"Forgetting" diseases are pandemic - and not just among the elderly. ...It was Reagan who brought Alzheimer's to public attention in the USA.

www.washingtonpost.com...]Reagan and Alzheimer's Disease
Monday, June 7, 2004; 2:00 PM

Former president Ronald Reagan, 93, died at his home in California on Saturday. After leaving office, he announced his condition of Alzheimer's disease in a letter expressing his gratitude of service to the American people. About five million Americans are afflicted with the disease and there is no known cure.

There was a flurry of international attention back around 2008, but it was quickly silenced - overshadowed by the "Global Financial Crisis." (Hmmm.)

2008: BBC

"We are facing... a worldwide tsunami of Alzheimer's and other dementia diseases.

"There's only two ways it can go: researchers, with as much help you can give them, may come up with something that reduces the effects of this dreadful, inhuman disease, or we will have to face the consequences of our failure to prevent the final years of many of us being a long bad dream.

"The strain on carers and their support is bad enough now; before very long the effects on the health service and society itself, will be unbearable."

Unfortunately, Australia seems to be the only nation talking about the Dementia Pandemic openly these days.

Alzheimer’s Australia 2020 Summit submission

In 2020, the number of people with dementia will exceed 330 000, a 50% increase since 2007. In 2050, there are projected to be over 175,000 new cases every year, more than the total number of people with dementia in Australia in 2000.1

Dementia is more than Aged Care. Dementia is a key issue for Public Health policy, a potential target for preventive health approaches and a major cause of chronic disability and carer burden for Australians.

IS MAD-COW BEHIND DEMENTIA PANDEMIC?

[I have been saying for years that there may be a link between the alarming increase in dementia diseases in humans and prion disease which causes mad-cow, chronic wasting disease and the human variant (crutzfeld/jacob's disease) in humans. Humans that die from disease that causes "dementia" symptoms are not normally autopsied, so we don't really know how many misidentified cases of prion-related diseases are responsible for these rapidly increases rates of death in humans. With an up to 40 year incubation period, prion disease could by looming as a huge health crisis. —Christopher O'Brien]

There IS an Alzheimer's and dementia pandemic, but even Googling is painful - load times are unbelievably slow. ...Wonder why.

Of course, if you want to PAY for your information, agencies like John's Hopkins have some great little online booklets and reports.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Yeah this will play right into his hands.

I can't wait to see images of him drooling on his suit

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Only before and during trial. After he is found unfit, it will be off to the Riviera for champagne and caviar. There is something about this story that seems a little off to me? Maybe he has a legitimate case of dementia, but no symptoms before his corruption trial? Hmmm?

top topics

join