It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Ron Paul different from Barack Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I understand your point, but is there really any better option than RP? Why not at least get behind him, and see what happens if he wins? The two things I keep seeing on ATS are "Ron Paul can't win" or "He's the same as Obama." Well why don't we focus all of our energy on getting him elected? Then, if he turns around on all the things he's been about all these years, everyone would see that something is seriously messed up in washington.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

No, if he turns around on all the things he's been about, PEOPLE will still just say "damn, maybe next time"... All the while we'll be stuck with more bullsh*t for 4 more years and you can forget about impeaching. If we didn't impeach Bush, then we have just forfeited out impeaching rights.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Then can I ask what your solution is? Mine is to give Ron Paul an actual chance. When you think of something better than that, maybe you'll change my mind.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I am done with voting also, our nation politics will never change and will continue to deteriorate as long as private interest fat corrupted money is buying our politicians.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If Paul is just a shill like Obama and Perry, then it doesn't do any harm to vote for him, as we are going to get a shill either way. But if he isn't a puppet, and he gets elected, then something might actually get changed. Either way we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by voting for Paul.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Why are you posting something like this, without a language warning?

1st amendment?

And Ron Paul supporters are acting just like Obama supporters did. There's one politician who will save us. He's our savior.
Ron Paul is too good to be true.
If there's a grand conspiracy, Ron Paul is a part of it.
I support what he says, but there's no way to know for sure if he's actually telling the truth. You can't use his words to prove he's telling the truth...that's the same as using words from the bible to prove that they are words of God.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

This is why Dr. Ron Paul is different than Obama

Wikipedia

As a medical doctor, Ron Paul routinely lowered fees or worked for free in order to refuse to accept Medicaid or Medicare payments.

As a member of Congress, he continues to refuse to sign up for the government pension that he would be entitled to in order to avoid receiving government money, saying it would be "hypocritical and immoral."

Inspired by his belief that the monetary crisis of the 1970s was predicted by the Austrian School and caused by excessive government spending on the Vietnam War

Paul authors more bills than the average representative, such as those that impose term limits, or abolish the income tax[87] or the Federal Reserve; many do not escape committee review.

He wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve. That does not support any current administrations agenda, that is for sure!

During March 2001, Paul introduced a bill to repeal the 1973 War Powers Resolution (WPR) and reinstate the process of formal declaration of war by Congress

He also introduced "Sunlight Rule" legislation, which requires lawmakers to take enough time to read bills before voting on them,[91] after the Patriot Act was passed within 24 hours of its introduction.

He and his son have made great speeches about the dangers and destruction of the Patriot Act. YouTube them.

Paul was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq War Resolution, and (with Oregon representative Peter DeFazio) sponsored a resolution to repeal the war authorization during February 2003. Paul's speech, 35 "Questions That Won't Be Asked About Iraq,"[92] was translated and published in German, French, Russian, Italian, and Swiss periodicals before the Iraq War began.[83]

Paul was a member of a bipartisan coalition of 17 members of Congress that sued President Bill Clinton during 1999 due to his conduct of the Kosovo war. They accused Clinton of failing to inform Congress of the action's status within 48 hours as required by the War Powers Resolution, and of failing to obtain Congressional declaration of war. Congress had voted 427–2 against a declaration of war with Yugoslavia, and had voted to deny assistance for the air campaign in Kosovo. A federal judge dismissed the lawsuit, ruling that since Congress had voted for funding after Clinton had actively engaged troops in the war with Kosovo, legislators had sent a confusing message about whether they approved of the war. Paul said that the judge's decision attempted to circumvent the Constitution and to authorize the president to conduct a war without approval from Congress.[103]

Paul says his fellow members of Congress have increased government spending by 75 percent during the presidency of George W. Bush.[93] After a 2005 bill was touted as "slashing" government waste, Paul wrote that it decreased spending by a fraction of one percent and that "Congress couldn't slash spending if the members' lives depended on it."[94] He said that during three years he had voted against more than 700 bills intended to expand government.[95]

Paul has introduced several bills to apply tax credits to education, including credits for parental spending on public, private, or homeschool students (Family Education Freedom Act); for salaries for all K–12 teachers, librarians, counselors, and other school personnel; and for donations to scholarships or to benefit academics (Education Improvement Tax Cut Act).[96] In accord with his political opinions, he has also introduced the Sanctity of Life Act, the We the People Act, and the American Freedom Agenda Act.[97]

During June 2011, Paul co-sponsored a bill with U.S. Representative Barney Frank that is intended to end the federal prohibition of marijuana.[98]
Woot!

List of bills sponsored and cosponsored

And this is his 3rd time now running for Prez, so I seriously doubt he is being used for us CT to vote for. While Obama was definitely a good choice as shill Prez, playing the emotions off of him being half Black while he gave great speeches, after following Little Bush, and above all promised the USA Change, yes we can. Well, we now know he is a liar and all of his "promises" never came true. Ron Paul's voting record and political actions shine, while Obamas never did.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
.I support what he says, but there's no way to know for sure if he's actually telling the truth. You can't use his words to prove he's telling the truth...that's the same as using words from the bible to prove that they are words of God.

What about a consistent 30 year voting record? That's more than words, it's practicing what you preach. Is that a guarantee he will act the same way when he is POTUS? No, but there are no guarantees in life. Even if Paul is like all the rest, you lose nothing by voting for him.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
is the op serious with that?

obama beleives the government is the answer to everything

paul doesnt and you cant take that to the bank.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I thought I'd share this video of RP from 1988. I find it amazing that his answers are still the same all these years later.
Link to the page, and video: deskofbrian.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
If Paul is just a shill like Obama and Perry, then it doesn't do any harm to vote for him, as we are going to get a shill either way. But if he isn't a puppet, and he gets elected, then something might actually get changed. Either way we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by voting for Paul.

This is a pretty good point. If Ron Paul doesn't get elected (he won't) then the US is in the same position it was before; with a bad president. If he does get elected, then either you get what he seems to be (which is a good thing) or he does a 180 degree turn and you get... a bad president.

Despite Obama's lack of popularity in some circles, I think he's got it made in the coming election. I don't think that the Republican party will be able to get enough support behind any of their candidates to win. I figure Romney or Perry will win the nomination and lose to Obama. However, I'll admit, I was wrong in 2008; I predicted before the party nominations were done that Obama would lose to McCain in the election. (but at least I got the party nominations right that year :p)

If I were American, I'd vote Ron Paul in a second. I'm Canadian, though, so I won't be voting for him :p But as one of your friendly neighbours to the north, I'll say please do us a favour and vote him in please
Hopefully he won't start any more wars...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

You want to talk about DENY IGNORANCE? How about doing some RESEARCH on Ron Paul before you say he is the next Obama? Even a simple google search will yield you tons of results on how consistent Ron Paul has been in his beliefs. Even some of the most ANTI-Ron Paul commentators on major news networks admit how consistent his record is despite his 'extreme/fringe views'.

So you won't vote, cool, that is good for you but don't go around crapping on Ron Paul because you can't get your facts straight.

Deny Ignorance? you first.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

get what facts straight? i didn't state any facts.

Ron Paul is a politician, not a bike so read about him, don't ride him. sheesh

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Please...offer an alternative solution, I'd LOVE to hear what you have to say. Seriously, throw out another presidential candidate that actually has the chance to do this and has a better political record defending the constitution and personal liberties and I promise I will believe you.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You won't argue his record because you are afraid to admit fault in your OP. You rather argue about obscure topics rather than your original topic.

Ron Paul and Obama have nothing in common, I see may members have already proven it in this thread but you continue this thread with your head barely above the water.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

The thing is, anybody can say anything when running for president. Obama did it, and how many of his campaign promises has he even acknowledged since he was elected? Why do people feel Ron Paul is any different? For all we know he could be reading from the same cut & paste script Obama read from.

Personally, I will not be voting. I'll probably be on the news somewhere standing in front of a voting center with a sign that says "your vote doesn't mean sh*t - they're all snakes anyway".

God bless

Ron Paul doesn't read from a script, he doesn't need to rehearse talking points because he speaks the truth. You don't need to rehearse the truth and you can tell when he speaks. Ron Paul has been predicting our economic misfortunes and has been right so many times it is actually getting old.

So if Ron Paul is a false hope why did he only run for President because the people demanded it? There isn't some shady conspiracy to get him to be President, if people weren't donating or supporting him, he wouldn't be running. When he lost the 2008 elections, he used the excess 4+ million dollars to start the 'Campaign For Liberty' organization. You think a government shill would do that?

You can sit at home and pout all you want but there are real people organizing grassroots efforts to get Ron Paul's message out there so at least SOMEBODY can look out for OUR asses and protect OUR liberties. How do we know this? Just ask his constituents, he has been looking out for the 14th congressional district of Texas for over 30 years.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
He's not, but we are meant to think he is.
Sand People always walk single file to hide their numbers.
And these blast points, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so pre..
...wait, what were we talking about?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by president

The problem in America is that no even Ron Paul is exempt from private and special interest money, Washington is run by the JP Morgans and Goldman Sach, then you have the biggest contributors to Republican campaign, while both Democrats and republicans take money from the big three (Oil companies, big pharma and insurance) Republicans since the 90s have the highest record of funding from them, Oil companies alone gave in Republicans 2008 78% of that money.

Ron Paul is a (Wild card) but until he becomes president you Will never know what kind of president he will be, like I say our country is not run solely by the two elite parties.
edit on 5-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Paul is obviously white and Obama is black.

why can't anyone see the obvious?

and he is from texas and older.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman

I understand your point, but is there really any better option than RP? Why not at least get behind him, and see what happens if he wins? The two things I keep seeing on ATS are "Ron Paul can't win" or "He's the same as Obama." Well why don't we focus all of our energy on getting him elected? Then, if he turns around on all the things he's been about all these years, everyone would see that something is seriously messed up in washington.

reminds me of a reality show,

"hell yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time!"

geeze

eta; why don't you get ME in the oval office and see what I do?
edit on 5-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join