It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Ron Paul different from Barack Obama?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't mean it in the compare and contrast way. I'm curious as to why so many people on a board who's motto is "deny ignorance" seem to be ignoring the fact that despite his perceived hardships at getting attention and being "accepted" among the world of politics - he's still a politician. Not only is he a politician, he's one whom TPTB have ALLOWED to get media attention so obviously, something is up.

I believe that Ron Paul is the Barack Obama for conspiracy theorists, and those who have seriously lost faith in the government. Where as Obama was the candidate that appealed to immigrants, african americans, and those who felt a need for a "change" after the 8 years with Bush - I believe Ron Paul is just bait for those of us who question our government to "let our guard down.

The thing is, anybody can say anything when running for president. Obama did it, and how many of his campaign promises has he even acknowledged since he was elected? Why do people feel Ron Paul is any different? For all we know he could be reading from the same cut & paste script Obama read from.

Personally, I will not be voting. I'll probably be on the news somewhere standing in front of a voting center with a sign that says "your vote doesn't mean sh*t - they're all snakes anyway".

God bless

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Check Ron Pauls political career and then take a look at Obamas it's really just that simple.............
edit on 4-9-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why? Because Ron Paul obviously grew up with the values of honesty and integrity instilled in him at a young age, and carried those values to adulthood.

/TOA
edit on 4-9-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

It sounds like your mind is already made up. If you were around in the '08 elections you would realize Ron Paul received almost no media attention and still had a decent polling. This time around he has more supporters and has come out of the gate with all that support. The media doesn't want a repeat of last election where we flooded their inboxes and jammed their phone-lines. I am certain Sean Hanity doesn't want to be chased down the street like last time:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

if he was really different and out to make a change - do you TRULY believe that TPTB would let him see the light of day? Come on, EVERY alternative thinker in the mainstream gets ridiculed and laughed at. Why the hell would Ron Paul be an exception?

Of course they'd put somebody with a clean political history out there to bait you. They KNOW you won't fall for the Obama type this time.

They put Obama in front last time just so you could "lower your standards".

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Ron Paul is the PERFECT bait, and you're proving that. So all of a sudden now there's a "flawless" candidate, according to a conspiracy theorist?????? I see a problem there

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

if he was really different and out to make a change - do you TRULY believe that TPTB would let him see the light of day? Come on, EVERY alternative thinker in the mainstream gets ridiculed and laughed at. Why the hell would Ron Paul be an exception?

Of course they'd put somebody with a clean political history out there to bait you. They KNOW you won't fall for the Obama type this time.

Yup I guess TPTB have had Ron Paul in their back pocket for the last 30+ years for their ace in the hole........ Makes perfect sense to me...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

They are trying hard to assassinate his character but keep failing because of his integrity.

They will resort to a physical assassination as a last resort.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

They are trying hard to assassinate his character but keep failing because of his integrity.

They will resort to a physical assassination as a last resort.

Who? Fox News?? The same people that spent a year bashing Barack Obama?? Oh alright... I get it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Yup I guess TPTB have had Ron Paul in their back pocket for the last 30+ years for their ace in the hole........ Makes perfect sense to me...

You don't believe that to be within the realm of their treachery????

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Paul is obviously white and Obama is black.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sadly is not until a political candidate becomes president that you get to see their truth affiliations, Obama is the president so just like any other president before him he does what he is told to do by those that prop him into the white house and it wasn't us the voters in the nation but special interest.

Unfortunately Ron Paul doesn't meet the criteria of the special interest that runs the nation so we may never know if he would be like Obama or not.

But I can predict that the next president to be elected will be just like the last few we had, they all cater to the private interest they serve.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

It sounds like your mind is already made up. If you were around in the '08 elections you would realize Ron Paul received almost no media attention and still had a decent polling. This time around he has more supporters and has come out of the gate with all that support. The media doesn't want a repeat of last election where we flooded their inboxes and jammed their phone-lines. I am certain Sean Hanity doesn't want to be chased down the street like last time:

Why are you posting something like this, without a language warning?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Would that not be the perfect "trap"?

Get a door that looks like it's never been tampered with, is untouched, untainted, and "right" and then BAM that's the knob that shocks you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Why is Ron Paul different from Barack Obama?
He's not black

Ron Paul is a stickler when it comes to the Constitution, but Barack Obama lets the UN and not the Congress decide how we handle our military. I think a guy that talks about the Constitution nearly every time he discusses an issue would take the oath he swears to defend it seriously.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just compare their political careers. Ron Paul has about 30 years of not changing his stance under his belt, and Obama has..... well if you can factually track down his past good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Hey that is how Obama got to be president, he was different, a novelty and changed history in this nation, we was prop to be president and people fell into the trap.

I did.

edit on 4-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Hey that is how Obama got to be president, he was different, a novelty and changed history in this nation, we has prop to be president and people fell into the trap.

I did.

edit on 4-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

So then why am I crazy for questioning Ron Paul..?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Perhaps because you are hopeful that he could be the one, the difference between the corruption and a true president for the people.

But taking into consideration that all our political candidates are bought with private interest money, I will have to say be careful as not to be disappointed if he makes it by some miracle into the white house.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No, I'm not hopeful at all... Not in the slightest... End of my OP, I said I won't even be voting..

No hope from me when it comes to the POTUS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join