It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all "Truthers"...is it just me or...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
...is it hard to take 9/11 "documentaries" and "memorials" seriously, especially when they are more or less carrying the water for the mainstream O.S.?

When I saw that one of the "educational" cable channels was doing a "documentary" on the new freedom tower and the drama of how it will be built to withstand this and withstand that, I just simply couldn't get interested. When you know the truth of what happened, you just can't take it seriously. Don't get me wrong, I feel incredible sympathy for those who lost loved ones and I'm not referring to that, I'm referring to any mainstream program purporting to be factual.

And now they are telling us how we should conduct our memorials. I will remember those lost on 9/11 how I see fit; the last I recall this IS a free country and I don't need the government telling me how to memorialize 9/11.

On another note...a little different topic, I made an interesting observation yesterday. First of all, I seldom discuss 9/11 with anybody. So many people are sucked in by the official story I don't even want to go there. Well, yesterday I was at band practice and was talking with our bass player who happens to believe the OS, hook line and sinker. What I found was that he either A) Wasn't aware of all the facts or B) He simply chose to ignore or not try to explain the facts that went against O.S. He didn't seem concerned that building 7 wasn't in the 9/11 Report, he found it perfectly acceptable that Flight 93 turned to confetti yet they happened to find a passport. He actually believed parts of Flight 93 could have "blown" 3 miles away from the explosion when it crashed. He tried to baffle me with his B.S. because he works in aviation and said, "do you know how hot Jet-A burns?", um yea, it's basically Kerosene and burns about 500 degrees F. If it burned any hotter it would destroy the inside of a jet engine and wall heaters worldwide would be melting. But if you point these things out they skip over it and move on to something else. I'm thinking, "wait, you can't ignore it just because it's an inconvenient truth", (I'm plagiarizing, I know. Sorry, Al). But that's what they do...the attitude is, "lets just skip the facts that aren't part of the OS and the 9/11 report". When I mentioned that the twin towers fell at nearly free-fall speed, he completely ignored me. When I said you can't argue with the laws of physics, his reply was, "I'm in no position to speculate on that", referring the the entire event. I said, I'm not speculating on anything. I haven't said anything about what I think really happened, I'm simply questioning facts that haven't been explained; that's not speculation. Again, skirt the issue and go silent.

The reality is, people will try to protect their belief system because they are more concerned with being right rather than WHAT is right. The ego takes over and the attitude is, "this is what I believe and nobody's going to change my mind". You can NEVER win that argument. Don't even try. Only when somebody puts away their pride and ego and is willing to admit they may be wrong, will they see the Truth. I believed the OS for 8 years and I am more than happy to admit that I was a "Bushy" and was blinded by bias, ego and partisanship. I was wrong, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

I have similar thoughts on many many social issues.

The way i see it, i keep it to myself. There are people out there that are too ignorant and closed minded to even accept an outside chance of possibility. I guess it could be considered a bit of a burden 'carrying' around these of ideas. I don't go out of my way to converse these ideas, however when asked, or if it is raised in conversation somehow i will more then happily share my opinion.

I don't want to say that after hundreds of years of judicial law, it has come down to no smoke without fire. But dammit, the smoke is choking me.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

the last I recall this IS a free country

What part of this country (America) is free? Everywhere I look I see nothing is for free, except stuff on the side of the road, and free stuff on Craigslist.

We don't even have the right to travel in our own cars without having to pay a fee, then many traffic fines.
We don't have the freedom to keep our own homes, unless we pay their ever rising property taxes.
We can't get free food, unless you are willing to eat 99% preservatives, 1% actual food in free for the poor food products.

The Matrix movie is about the best metaphor for the OS'ers, for 9/11, JFK, pretty much all official stories.
Most of these people aren't ready to be unplugged yet, and they will defend the very system that keeps them enslaved, because they've become reliant on it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
yip i get those blank stares when i point out the time differance to people here in the uk they dont want to know

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
He didn't seem concerned that building 7 wasn't in the 9/11 Report, he found it perfectly acceptable that Flight 93 turned to confetti yet they happened to find a passport

They also found clothes, shoes, wallets, credit cards.... History shows that you can have an airliner crash that will obliterate the airplane and passengers, and yet, will still leave things like notebooks, clothing etc... its not that big a stretch. Had they NOT found items like that, then THAT would have been suspicious.

He actually believed parts of Flight 93 could have "blown" 3 miles away from the explosion when it crashed.

Lightweight items...easily blown by the wind that was there that day.

He tried to baffle me with his B.S. because he works in aviation and said, "do you know how hot Jet-A burns?", um yea, it's basically Kerosene and burns about 500 degrees F. If it burned any hotter it would destroy the inside of a jet engine and wall heaters worldwide would be melting.

Point goes to your friend. The combustion temperatures in a modern jet engine far exceed the melting point of the engine components. What allows the engines to function without melting is the way they are engineered.

But, thank you for once again showing the tendency of the truth movement to run off at the mouth (and fingers) without knowing the facts.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You know, there are other countries to live in, many with more rights and care for citizens. The only thing one would have to do is learn another language.

The way I see it, most Americans are content not questioning things because they just see no reason for it. They have lives and jobs, and worrying about something like 9/11 is just not on the books. Eventually, 9/11 will just fade into the history books, followed by devout conspiracy theorists similar to JFK's assassination (though in my opinion, JFK was a lot more conspicuous and easy to tie the government into).

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I have similar thoughts on many many social issues.

The way i see it, i keep it to myself. There are people out there that are too ignorant and closed minded to even accept an outside chance of possibility. I guess it could be considered a bit of a burden 'carrying' around these of ideas. I

But dammit, the smoke is choking me.

Funny, what The Matrix was saying 12 years ago.

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system, and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

psik

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It isn't worth trying to convince people who are unable to think for themselves.

This was the basis of the entire event that most Americans are too self centered and preoccupied with the day to day to pay it much mind.

Remember that at one time in history people would kill you as a being a witch for challenging the idea that the world was flat.

Simply Because everyone else believed it was.

The Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth are doing a good job of providing the scientific proof that the laws of Physics were violated in several more ways than one and challenging the Status Quo OS Cover Story.

It's simply a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. There's those documentaries like "Remember 9/11", or books about 9/11 and how it went down, and it only reiterates that they (not the terrorists) got away with it. :shk:
edit on 4-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

This was the basis of the entire event that most Americans are too self centered and preoccupied with the day to day to pay it much mind.
Great point. I've always thought to myself "How can Americans review all of the evidence and conclude that the official story is 100% accurate?", but then it dawned on me that they haven't reviewed all of the evidence. People just take the governments word, hell I bet some couldn't even fathom the idea that our government would be behind it so they just accept what they're told as truth.

Lots of people are way more concerned about working and putting food on the table than researching 9/11 and seeing whether or not the official story is the truth.

But don't get me wrong, there are people who have took the time to research it on their own, seen evidence for both sides of the story, and concluded that the official story is accurate. But I think there's a greater percentage of people who believe the official story that haven't researched it than people who have researched it.
edit on 4-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The actuality is more like dealing with drug addicts...they will find all kinds of reasons why they need to continue to destroy their bodies....even as they watch themselves physically degenerate.
The need to justify ones addictions psychologically is a similar head space to the OSer who isnt ready to have his eyes opened.
Things always get forgotten with time somehow, and lost to the mainstream.
Like the double explosion registered on sisemographs At the Oklahoma bombing, the halting of rescue activity because of other bombs in the building....etc...
These are things that just seem to dissapear from the consciousness of the mainstream and news services.
If i had to explain it i would have to say a form of Mass Denial.....a dangerous situation for the country......and it seems to apply to so many other things that are alarming.
Is it a mass form of psychpathy? Or merely effective brainwashing techniques?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Yes and not only that but we have an entire Nation that is addicted to Television AND worse yet is the fact that they believe everything they are told that comes from it.

Including the OS.

If you look at the entire event and the way in which it was Televised, over and over again, repeating those images of the planes impacting the towers, it was embedded into the subconscious and essentially it was a purposefully Televised Psyop.

Look at the definition of psychological warfare aka "psyop" from the Pentagon:

The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare as: "The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives."

Bingo!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-9-2011 by nh_ee because: ...The Truth Shall Set You Free

top topics

join