It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
if it makes you feel any better i thought today was tuesday... but it's friday.... i still thought it was september..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I definitely feel like time has been moving faster lately, but I think that's just what happens as you get older. Don't read into it so much.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
the only way time could be moving faster,is if the sun and moon were rising and setting faster,if the earth was revolving around itself and orbiting around the sun faster.which would cause our days and nights to come and go quicker and the four seasons would speed up their progression from one to the other...because the sun and moon,night and day and the seasons are the only reasons "we invented time" in the first place...
edit on 8-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't think I'm supposed to say this, but it's called a loop, Hollywood does it in movies all the time, no pun intended.... The computer sets tjme now. Used to be one of the ways we judged true time passage was through radioactive decay, but that no longer fits, because it turns out, speed of light, and neutrinos and E=MC2 isn't exactly how it all works, after all,, of course, there were those who all ready knew that, but we are just food or silly puddy

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I started noticing this after I turned 30 or so, how the years seemed to start flying by..Personally I think it's because of the crazy pace today including the non-stop work/email/texting/television/tweeting/gaming/pick your distraction society that helps to make the calendar months flip past faster and faster. ("Time flies when you're having fun.")

Or else I'm sure some one in here will blame it on that f****g idiot comet/death star

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I live in a small jungle pueblo in Mexico and rarely look at the time. I watch the sun and I cannot see that time is any shorter than usual. We do have tourists here however and for a long time I have noticed that Americans and some Europeans are on a fast track that seems ridiculous. They wander the ruins here, cconstantly checking the time and seldom takes the time to see the site properly. A full tour here takes 3 or 4 hours and American tourists allot on average an hour and a half. They walk like they are running from a fire and pay little or no attention to the wildlife in the jungle between each site. Maybe your life is over crowded with too many activities that makes your days seem to fly by. Maybe you should slow down and take the time to relax and enjoy the present. Also check out your aspertame consumption. It is in many products now and does affect memory and for me makes me lose track of things. IOr you can escape to the jungle where time matters very little. Its wonderful!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Initially I made a flippant reply to this, although no less true, I feel, but after having more carefully read some responses, amazed really... The most poignant being your onw, OP, about there being no doctor and you working hard, but never having been happier in that singularity, clearer, but so lonely in that thing, which I think in many ways describes that singularity.....

And then others expressions of time, like the person who said that since we are all one, and there are so many it makes sense that it seems that there is less of time as it is distributed among more and more who are only one.....does no one find this sad, and the "killing off" in a way, of anythng other than that "one". Is that really what it took to make unity and peace, for I find it such a lack of what was truly meant to be, equal does not mean the same, not just the one...a true creator woud appreciate our diversity, and have us comprehend the value in being unique as snowflakes (poor, trite analogy, I know)" equal in value, but NOT THE SAME, as how boring could that be? And not only that,, but if that ratio speaking, quantitatively, divides that time, could it not be some great con that robs of us a future while promising us this thing we all aspire to called ascendency, which might, in fact, just b the end of all of us.

I hope not....just a thought. but drs wife, I think you work very hard, and find time only for yourself when you are weary from serving others and struggling to survive, and your struggle in both ways will always
make you worthy in some other time and space for more of whatever you long for......at least, I hope, this is how
it is ordered.
edit on 8-10-2011 by tetra50 because: Thinking other thoughts

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join