It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
can you put up a link ^^^ that shows where in the islamic religion,the part thats actually written in the past ,that says time will speed up near the end?

The Minor Signs:

The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
Books/writing will be widespread and (religious) knowledge will be low (Ahmad)
Adultery and fornication will be prevalent (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people, which their ancestors had not known.) (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Al-Haythami)
When fornication becomes widespread among your leaders (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this will happen when the people stop forbidding evil) (Ibn Majah)
Adultery and fornication will be performed in the open
The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread (Bukhari & Muslim)
Women will outnumber men......eventually 50:1 (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
The nations of the earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".
People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen (Muslim) ?The Slave Trade
The children will be filled with rage (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
Children will be foul (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
Women will conspire (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
Rain will be acidic or burning (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
When a trust becomes a means of making a profit (at-Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami)
Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor (at-Tirmidhi)
Paying zakat becomes a burden and miserliness becomes widespread; charity is given reluctantly (at-Tirmidhi & Al-Haythami)
Miserliness will be thrown into the hearts of people (Bukhari)
Episodes of sudden death will become widespread (Ahmad)
There will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret (He was asked how that would come about and replied, "Because they will have ulterior motives in their mutual dealings and at the same time will fear one another.") (at-Tirmidhi)
When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father (at-Tirmidhi)
When voices are raised in the mosques (at-Tirmidhi)
People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed
Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time
The people of Iraq will recieve no food and no money due to oppression by the Romans (Europeans) (Muslim)
People will hop between the clouds and the earth
A tribulation will enter everyone�s home (Ahmad)
The leader of a people will be the worst of them (at-Tirmidhi)
Leaders of people will be oppressors (Al-Haythami)
People will treat a man with respect out of fear for some evil he might do (at-Tirmidhi)
Men will begin to wear silk (at-Tirmidhi)
Female singers and musical instruments will become popular (at-Tirmidhi)
When singers become common (Al-Haythami)
People will dance late into the night
When the last ones of the Ummah begin to curse the first ones (at-Tirmidhi)
People will claim to follow the Qur'an but will reject hadith & sunnah (Abu Dawood)
People will believe in the stars (Al-Haythami)
People will reject al-Qadr (the Divine Decree of Destiny) (Al-Haythami)
Time will pass rapidly (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)

and many more... (including major signs)

LINK

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
thanx for the link...unfortunately 90% of what is listed here has always happened,in the past and now...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Through our evolution as human beings we will reach different levels of awareness and consciousness. The mayan pyramid/temple simone, is interpreted as the pyramid of evolving consciousness. Consisting of nine steps of underworlds, with its own state of consciousness to be learned and achieved through time. It is seperated into 13 segmants ( 7 days, 6 nights) refered to as light and dark energies such as the alternating day and night which allows our ecosystem to grow, rest, and learn. These segments are called the stages of creation, or thirteen heavens. Each day represents a different mayan deity and a stage of growth and learning that occurs in each period of time on that step, from seed to fruition. As we reach each end and gain a new level of consciousness, our minds vibrations increase up to twenty times increasing our conscious thoughts, and our reality, making time feel faster because of our ability to process more at a faster rate. and like how the pyramid gets smaller after every step, the time for each segment of which these levels of learning and creation occur becomes squeezed and shorter.
Using the first step for example ( refer to the timeline of evolution of consciousness) the cellular level. From the time of the big bang, to the first fully organized cells happened in a period of 16.4 billion years. Dividing each segment that allows our conscious to grow, into periods of 1.2 billion years. For every step in the pyramid there is a significant event which alters, or changes the course of our thinking to allow this advancement into the next step. This event happens on the fifth day and night of the. For the first step, the cellular level. It was the creation of the solar system and the meteor bombardment. Creating action - reaction, cellular conscioussness. The lesson of the event learned takes us to the next stage through the evolution of our minds. We're now at a criitical state of awareness, where these segments change every 18 days. march 9th 2011 being the day we transitioned into our new consciousness called The universal consciousness, it's lesson being unity (at the top of the pyramid) Which could explain why you feel this change of time speeding up, and maybe even more peace and love towards the world and its being? for your mind is processing more and more. if you want to learn more of this and the events said to happen please refer to the youtube video " The Quickening" or other articles and research done on this pyramid to show sources and such. but it's my understanding now that the events to happen in 2012 (At this point could be anything.. so leave an open mind to everything is all I ask) could come as soon as october 28th. some predict the end of mankind, others predict the beggining of an event which will guide our conscious to this steps ultimate lesson of unity, and therefor we gain all levels of consciousness becomming one with all in the devine world. I don't want to get too into this for i'm beggining to run off topic, anyways, it could be that our minds are simply evolving and working at a faster rate making time appear faster because we are approaching the end of our counscious evolution.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Initially, i thought you were being melo dramatic. But you know what?? I do find that the summer went by unusually fast.

Perhaps our perception of time is shrinking?

I would bet that if you had a tooth pulled every day you would perceive the time as passing slower? Also, time passes faster when our minds are occupied and looking forward to something.

Driving in one direction to some place new, your mind is full of new sights to examine rapidly as the car travels. On the return, time passes slower.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I dont have a very good head for science, especially physics, and have difficulty getting my grey matter around this notion of time not really existing, "time is an illusion, albeit a very persistant one" Albert Einstein. But surely if time didnt exist would'nt everything happen at the same time? Is time a physical dimension given to us to stop everything happening at once.
Incidentally, im still open to the notion, that its just my perception of time that has changed, but why so suddenly, so dramatically and just over the last few years?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I dont have a very good head for science, especially physics, and have difficulty getting my grey matter around this notion of time not really existing, "time is an illusion, albeit a very persistant one" Albert Einstein. But surely if time didnt exist would'nt everything happen at the same time? Is time a physical dimension given to us to stop everything happening at once.

Here are the quotes:

www.alberteinsteinsite.com/quotes/einsteinquotes.html -

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein ....

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert ...

Saying that reality is an illusion is much different than saying time is an illusion.

Incidentally, im still open to the notion, that its just my perception of time that has changed, but why so suddenly, so dramatically and just over the last few years?

We just perceive things differently throughout our lives but also events, sometimes daily, can give the feelingimpression of time passing faster or slower. On a whole it seems like it passes faster after a certain age but then it may also reverse and feel as though it was passing slower and again perhaps after a certain age. Now the speeding up part seems to coincide with our own increase in mental and physical capacity and output. For a bedridden 90 year old human, i would imagine time passes slowly.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I saw on "Through the Wormhole" that a man had a tumor on his brain, which to him made it seem like the whole world was flying by him, but to everyone else the guy was moving in slow motion. So if you are perceiving time to be going faster than it used to, you may want to get a brain scan or something. It is interesting though to see how our brains perceive time, makes you think about all the different possibilities of time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ugh, double.
edit on 9-9-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

i'm not even sure that time really exists.i think its just a word,a label we put on the rising and setting sun,a way to explain night and day.in outer space,far away from earth and without humans time becomes meaningless.
nothing would change if time were to vanish,because time is just a word, not a real physical thing. what would change is i would'nt have to worry about that damn alarm clock blasting away in the morning...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

It does seem things are out of whack....kind of adds to todays overall weirdness..
I would really like to control it and move the crappy stuff along more quickly..and have the sweet stuff slowed down to almost a halt.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
prehistoric people lived on the same earth as us...did they worry about time?...i doubt it...did the american indians enslave themselves to clocks and watches like we have done to ourselves?...i doubt it...we live such fast and hurried lives ever since the industrial age took over the human race and the industrial age was created by rich industrialists, who turned the world into one giant work camp,just so they could buy million dollar mansions and vacation in europe,while their money slaves killed themselves in coal mines and steel mills and earned a dollar or two a day those turn of the century $$$ tyrants forced us to schedule every moment of the day and that is all that time really is ...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

thanx for the link...unfortunately 90% of what is listed here has always happened,in the past and now...

Does that include the one in blue color?
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cerridwen

2nd line.
no...the one highlighted in blue is really strange, when was it written? and perhaps time seems to speed up because our technology always speeds up and drags us along in the process...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerridwen

2nd line.
no...the one highlighted in blue is really strange, when was it written?

Same time as the rest of the other things that you said has happened before.

and perhaps time seems to speed up because our technology always speeds up and drags us along in the process...

I respect your opinion. In my opinion, I am more inclined to believe in the Schumann Resonance theories - until something better comes along.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Please study Schumann's Resonance Theories. It will explain the increase in time... I feel it too.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TegReturns
Please study Schumann's Resonance Theories. It will explain the increase in time... I feel it too.
here are schumann's resonance theories > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Time cannot speed up or slow down, but your perception of it can. We consider time based on measurements of the revolution and rotation of the earth. We measure it how we perceive it, but it's not a physical tangible thing. They say space and time are the same thing, because time is nothing more than the movement of objects in space. Gravity is created by objects occupying space, and that is what causes the time dilation that makes us experience time much slower than it actually is. In reality right now, the sun is moving through space at near 200 miles per second, and the Milky Way is moving around 900,000 miles per hour through space toward the neighboring galaxy of Andromeda. So why aren't we holding on to our hats, experiencing this movement first hand? It's because we're on the earth, a giant mass. We are tiny and the dilation of spacetime caused by the earth changes how we experience it. When human being looks at his or her life as whole, the experience of time will be relative to the whole. 1 year for someone who's 80 is nothing, but 1 year for someone who's 3, it's one third of their life so far. You do perceive time as faster when you get older, but if you stop and watch your clock and count out the seconds it will be consistent every time. It is also interesting to note that the universe is SPEEDING up. Scientists refer to this as dark energy. Dark because it cannot be seen or measured, but we know it's there. Something is making things move faster and faster in the universe and nobody knows what it is. Maybe that also factors in with time seeming to go faster, but I don't see why it would. Interesting topic.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
humans created time, it's not "real".we invented the word and use it's meaning as a way to perceive and give structure to the changing seasons and the passing of night into day...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I agree entirely with the OP about time 'seemingly' speeding up . I can be doing something and look up and somehow three or four hours have passed and I am always so shocked when I see the time. At the same time despite the feeling of all these hours whizzing by before me I actually can never remember what I did YESTERDAY!
So I dont know which of these two problems affects me most.

edit on 5-10-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: typo

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I know this man that is a real clock watcher. He is one of those people that try and plan every minute of every day. Well the other day he is a little freaked out about something that happened to him over the weekend. So here is what he tells me. He can cut his lawn in just under 2 hours. On Saturday morning he starts at 8 AM and plans to be done by 10 AM. Well he drives the mower back in the shed and the clock on the wall shows a bit after 2 in the afternoon. He thold me he thought the clock was just in need of a new battery. But when the clock in the house and his cell phone show that the time really was after 2 that is when he freaked out. He keeps saying over and over "How did I lose 4 hours in my back yard?". I did not even say anything because he is one of those people that just would never even try to understand anything I had to say.
As to what happen to him I do not know. All I have is his story to go by.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join