It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Journalist Reveals the Purpose of NATO's Invasion on Tripoli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
French Journalist Thierry Meyssan gives his side of the story on what really happened during the night of the fall of Tripoli, and reveals the sinister agenda behind the NATO's bombings and the invasion. The media of course entirely covered up the real story behind the invasion to deceive the truth from public.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

Oh, sounds interesting. I don't have broadband, could you sum up what was said in the video? I would love to hear the real reason for this MSMgasm.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

If what he reports is true, then the UN and NATO should all be tried for war crimes. Which many of us ATSers already believe should be done.

Who is Thierry Meyssan

Thierry Meyssan[/B] (born 18 May 1957 in Talence, Gironde) is a controversial French journalist and political activist.

He is the author of investigations into the extreme right wing (particularly about the National Front Militias, which are the object of a parliamentary investigation and caused a separation of the extreme right wing party), as well as into the Catholic Church (Opus Dei, for example).

Meyssan is best known for his controversial book [I]9/11: The Big Lie[/I] ([I]L'Effroyable imposture[/I]), in which he challenges the official account of events of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

2011 Libyan civil war

On August 22, 2011, Meyssan gave reports to the Russian program Russia Today from the Rixos Hotel in Tripoli. While stuck there, he reported that contrary to many other reports, Gaddafi forces drove the rebels from most of the city, said he felt he was in danger, and accused some of his fellow journalists of being spies from the CIA and the MI6. When the host of the program asked him why the presence of Western spies would put him in danger, he replied that he was not explaining all the details of the situation well. Meyssan was the only journalist trapped in the Rixos at this time who claimed to have first-hand knowledge of who was winning the battle for Tripoli. The same day, Meyssan reported that Western agents disguised as journalists at the Rixos hotel had marked him for assassination and that escape routes in the city had been blocked to prevent him from fleeing. He also said that the identities of these spies would be released in due course.[7][8 ]

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks for a little background story on Thierry Meyssan, I will look in to his reports more closely now. I do agree that UN and NATO should pay a penalty for their war, however those organizations are what gives world authorities the power of military intervention to any country.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. Can somebody write a partial transcript for those who cannot watch?

If anyone speaks French, could they please verify the translation is accurate? It seems so to me but I'm not fluent.

We could assume this operation is continuing on in Bani Walid with Qatar Army troops on the front lines with NATO special operations forces supporting them along with NATO dropped LGBs and Apache gunships.

It's basically an invasion by NATO ground forces masquerading as a Libyan Rebel Op.

They are so audacious it blows my freaking mind.

Aerial Photex of HMS Ocean and Apache Helos - 29/7/11 Today the Apache Helos from HMS Ocean took off from the flightdeck to take part in Gun Harmonisation practice. HMS Ocean is supporting OP Ellamy, the UK's contribution to UN Resolution 1973.

www.buryfreepress.co.uk...

edit on 5/9/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Indigo, thanks for posting. I started to listen to the interview, sounds very interesting so far.

Darce: good point askig for a transcript. I ll listen to the interview, and will the post the bullet points here.
(in english)

CU soon, au revoir.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So, I listenend to the Interview and can say the translation in the subtitles are correct.

Bullet points of what Mr. Meyssan reports from Tripolis:

- All of the accusations of the Security Council against Lybia are false

- The NATO mission in Lybia has other goals than the official ones, they are rather following the strategics of US and Israel in the region.

- Tripolis was taken by the NATO, with massive bombardments. The rebel cells just "shooting around" in the streets with no tactics, no goals.

- NATO distributed over 200 000 AK's to the people, and after the taking of Tripolis NATO just spray gunned the population from the air with helo's

- NATO delibretely went after the people of Lybia, destroying crucial pieces of infrastructure, water, electricity

- On the ground the Army of Catar was figthing for NATO, as well as special op's teams from UK, France, Italy and Israel

- There have been like 2 phases; in the first phase NATO was still making sure, not to make too many civil victims. But in the second phase the deliberetly targeted civilians. Resulting in Mass Murder

- Worst colonial atrocities in decades.

Thats in short the message of Mr. Meyssan.
Another cruel war for profits

Sad, but true.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Libya was supposed to have its chemical weapons stockpile destroyed by April of 2011 per the Chemical Weapons Convention.

Well if they didn't want to do it.....somebody else will step in and get rid of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Thank you for clarifying the authenticity of the translation, at first I thought they did left out some of his statements.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Thanks svetlana84! I hope the mods don't mind me bumping this thread from time to time.

Kinda odd how it has just fallen off the radar. Maybe it's a long-weekend thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I wonder what the Zionists have planned for a place like Libya. what really is the point of the invasion? Could someone please elaborate? i thought these uprisings were religious in nature, how is the CIA and MI6 fanning the flames?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Well isn't that just the gazillion dollar question. I'm not too sure what the greater regional goals are of these instigated and fabricated uprisings, but I have a feeling that Turkey knows something is up.
edit on 6/9/11 by Darce because: I meant fabricated

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

I wonder what the Zionists have planned for a place like Libya. what really is the point of the invasion? Could someone please elaborate? i thought these uprisings were religious in nature, how is the CIA and MI6 fanning the flames?

My opinion on the Libya take-over: What is the point of the invasion ?
Oil, oil, oil and the strategic position in the middle east. NATO and the US have been vry supportive of Gaddhaffi in the last years, Tony Blair visited him in 2004, Gaddhaffi visited France some years ago, putting up his tents on the Elysée, Berlusconi from Italy even visited him for the anniversary of the revolution. Weapons deals, oil deals, shady renditions of prisoners from the UK/US to Lybia you name it.

Now suddenly, he is the "bad guy" with human rights violation, and the Western Powers are the "good guys" spreading "democracy".

Basically the industrial/military complex has just found another playground, another country to rape.
I think this video explains it (in 2min) much better than I can:

Economic Hitman:

About the "religious nature" of the uprisings:

I do not think the uprisings had a religious nature. Then again, in this region religion has a very important cultural role, and it is the best cause to mobilize people.

What really shows the bigottery of the western allies, is that many of the rebels are very religious, living and fighting a Jihad and those guys now are the transitional government. And all the major companies are now in to make deals with them for the oil.

To put it simple the official point; The jihadis in Afghanistan and Iraq =Terrorists who have to be destroyed
Jihadis in Lybia = "Rebels" fighting a good cause who have to be supported.

All this has been planned years ago. Hear General Wesley Clark on the subject

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting report which shows the perspective of another French journalist from the other side of the liberation (invasion) of Tripoli.

Not sure how to embed yet, but be warned this video is NSFW and has some brutally violent footage of people being shot in it.

France 24: REPORTERS - Tripoli Birgade and the Fall of Bab Azizia Libyanym

Here we see the "Rebels" as a reasonably well trained liberation force. It's interesting to see how they portray themselves as simply fighting for the right to listen to rap music. We also get a glimpse of their leader with suspected ties to al-Q and what appears to be a tight control over what information is being released by the "Rebel's" and their activities to the MSM reporters. It's also very interesting how the Irish man "Sam" who claims to be civilian leads these men in a reconnaissance force under a NATO command structure. They had expected little resistance upon entering Tripoli due to the NATO bombardment which preceded their advance. They put on a great show, but clearly resistance to their advance was indeed minimal, though they lost 80 of 200 men in their "Lion's Brigade" in 2 days of fighting. It's interesting to note how little fighting the "Rebels" were involved in during their advance, and how much destruction was caused in Tripoli from the NATO bombings and perhaps other forces entering the city ahead of this reconnaissance team tasked with being the first "Rebels" to enter a "liberated" Tripoli.

IMHO, some of the best reporting on the conflict so far.
edit on 11/9/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

It seems I was correct.

Gaddafi Loyalists Claim to Have Captured 17 Foreign Mercenaries

Gaddafi loyalists said Monday that they had captured 17 mercenaries, including French and British "technical experts",who had assisted the rebel-led Transitional National Council in its assaults on Bani Walid. "A group was captured in Bani Walid consisting of 17 mercenaries. They are technical experts and they include consultative officers,"

"Most of them are French, one of them is from an Asian country that has not been identified, two English people, and one Qatari,", he added.

top topics

join