It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

de ja vu - de ja reve - psycosis - o.b.e - HELP NEEDED

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
this post may make no sense to most of the reader's but here goes.

about 10 yrs ago i began having what i call " my wee turns" maybe 2 or 3 a year that last from 20 seconds to a few minutes, i will be going about my daily business doing general everyday stuff when bamm i see events/things that ive either dreamt about or stuff ive never seen before i will know exactly what people are going to say before they do. ( i know this sounds like de ja vu but it's not)

the scary thing is that i see these things while fully awake, imagine your standing at the kitchen sink at home and visually being able to see your desk at work or see yourself walking down the stairs from the floor above. i know this makes no sense at all lol.

its like watching 2 tv sets at once 1 is reality the other is the vision, like i said before i usually only get 2 -3 a year but ive had 3 this week alone and for the past 2 days ive been having split second flashes it feels like im going to have a massive one.

no one i know has ever heard of it, friends have said ive zoned out while having these events or went very pale. i know im not explaining myself clearly enough but its hard to put into words.

i would like to hear if anyone else has these things or similar events.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you are having simple/complex partial seizures.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is one thing to go into a dream state and/or see pictures in your head when meditating or just falling asleep, its another thing to doze off at random while trying to function. I don't want to spook you or anything, but you should definitely go have your head scanned don't you think?

Also, more detail could help tremendously. What exactly makes you feel a big one is coming, have you experienced increase/decrease in severity besides the frequency? What is split second images? Do you literally see two images, or is the second one like an mental image that appears when you close your eyes?
edit on 4-9-2011 by varikonniemi because: specifics

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Fool you trippin. Why of all things do you call them "YOUR WEE TURNS"? I'm seriously concerned.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
thanks for that and i will look into it in a mo, but i dont doze off i am fully concious at the time eye's wide open.

when i zone out is just im trying to concentrate on the vision and what happening in it and that's why people say i zone out lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xM0J0xJ0J0x
Fool you trippin. Why of all things do you call them "YOUR WEE TURNS"? I'm seriously concerned.

i dont know what else to call them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

De ja vu is generally believed to arise from timing issues within the brain that give the feeling that a situation has happened previously. Basically, one part of your consciousness gets ahead of the others, as your brain multi-processes your "reality" and this gives rise to the feeling.

What you are describing is more along the lines of some sort of seizure with hallucinatory overtones.

It would be wise to get a scan done as the frequency of episodes increasing may be an indication of some worsening condition.

If the scan comes up clean, then I suppose you should just enjoy your unique perspective.

Perhaps your "turns" are a gift for you to learn from, or perhaps not.

(I get migraines that do strange (and generally uncomfortable) things to my perception but they also seem to spark a creativity and depth of perception that exceeds my normal day-to-day state).

Either way, stay well & enjoy your uniquness!

edit on 4/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
thanks for your concerns and i will def get it checked out as i have also noticed along with friends that my memory has been getting worse over the past year

just incase i forget i made this thread lol thanks again for your comments and help

edit on 4-9-2011 by truthseeker10 because: forgetfullness

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have similar happen to me. I could be doing anything,driving,talking to someone,watching a film,just anything and I'll have a 'vision' of a dream Ive had and the dreams are always dreams Ive had months to years before.Theres another thing that happens with me,sometimes my eyes just gets fixated and I stare and my mind goes completley blank,(normally my mind is busy) people who I'm with will talk to me but their voice is like in a distance and I find it hard to answer them,its like some kind of trance,Im aware of my surroundings but cant stop the stare,this lasts 30 seconds to a minute.Ive been having these happen for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There's two types of memory. Normal memory(which is further divided into implicit and declarative memory) and full recall. You don't necessarily have to recall events that have happened to you in this lifetime. Full recall will seem very real. It's when you can't distinguish reality from these visions when you are "crazy."
So what have you been seeing in the visions?
edit on 4-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmindflare

I have similar happen to me. I could be doing anything,driving,talking to someone,watching a film,just anything and I'll have a 'vision' of a dream Ive had and the dreams are always dreams Ive had months to years before.Theres another thing that happens with me,sometimes my eyes just gets fixated and I stare and my mind goes completley blank,(normally my mind is busy) people who I'm with will talk to me but their voice is like in a distance and I find it hard to answer them,its like some kind of trance,Im aware of my surroundings but cant stop the stare,this lasts 30 seconds to a minute.Ive been having these happen for a very long time.

there's 2 of us lol, have you looked into it further?? it sounds exactly what i have

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

nothing spectacular ghost just everyday stuff nothing prophetic.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
this post may make no sense to most of the reader's but here goes.

about 10 yrs ago i began having what i call " my wee turns" maybe 2 or 3 a year that last from 20 seconds to a few minutes, i will be going about my daily business doing general everyday stuff when bamm i see events/things that ive either dreamt about or stuff ive never seen before i will know exactly what people are going to say before they do. ( i know this sounds like de ja vu but it's not)

the scary thing is that i see these things while fully awake, imagine your standing at the kitchen sink at home and visually being able to see your desk at work or see yourself walking down the stairs from the floor above. i know this makes no sense at all lol.

its like watching 2 tv sets at once 1 is reality the other is the vision, like i said before i usually only get 2 -3 a year but ive had 3 this week alone and for the past 2 days ive been having split second flashes it feels like im going to have a massive one.

no one i know has ever heard of it, friends have said ive zoned out while having these events or went very pale. i know im not explaining myself clearly enough but its hard to put into words.

i would like to hear if anyone else has these things or similar events.

I know what you are saying, this happened to me often.

Just today, my sisters were supposed to come over and my text message tone went off and I knew it was from one of my sisters and that it said they were no longer coming. I saw the message in my head before I went and opened it.

Today was actually the first time I have had one of those flashes in a long time, I was starting to think they weren't going to happen anymore. Which is fine by me it will end the confusion of is this going to actually happen or is it just my over active imagination.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I havent looked into it but I did see once something about a young girl that stared and didnt shake out of it,it was on a programme some time ago,,and of course with doctors they labeled her but Ive forgot what. I think Im gonna look into it though

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So, you are doing something (lets say for example) washing dishes, you have something like a "vision" of what someone might be doing upstairs (again just an example)...
I am a little unclear here, so...my question is what you see in the "vision" actually does occur? If it does, is it at the same time as the vision, right after, or much later?

Are the visions ever of something important or just everyday things? Ever had one of something unknown to you?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmindflare

I havent looked into it but I did see once something about a young girl that stared and didnt shake out of it,it was on a programme some time ago,,and of course with doctors they labeled her but Ive forgot what. I think Im gonna look into it though

can you pop back here and post your findings, i will do likewise

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

So, you are doing something (lets say for example) washing dishes, you have something like a "vision" of what someone might be doing upstairs (again just an example)...
I am a little unclear here, so...my question is what you see in the "vision" actually does occur? If it does, is it at the same time as the vision, right after, or much later?

Are the visions ever of something important or just everyday things? Ever had one of something unknown to you?

no, whilst i would be doing the dishes as you say i would see a vision of me walking from my bedroom down the stairs towards the kitchen. its allways from my perspetive like imseeing it through my eyes.

mostly everyday things nothing too exciting, but i have had visions of places and people that i have never seen before

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yeh sure thing

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hi.

Have a look at a previous thread of mine about temporal lobe epilepsy here especially the video, I wonder if any of it will be familiar

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
no, whilst i would be doing the dishes as you say i would see a vision of me walking from my bedroom down the stairs towards the kitchen. its allways from my perspetive like imseeing it through my eyes.

mostly everyday things nothing too exciting, but i have had visions of places and people that i have never seen before

I am so sorry I am no help to you on the cause/solution...but I do find it EXTREMELY interesting.

I have never experienced anything like that (de ja vu, yes but nothing like this). I haven't ever heard of anything like this.

While I agree it might be something of a health concern, it could very well be something else too. Maybe you are experiencing something unique and out of the ordinary. Please keep us posted.

I may come across as a complete cookoo (and I certainly don't know much of anything about these subjects) but could it be possible of some kind of time warp/dimension or something...where you are glimpsing yourself in another parallel universe or something? Geez...does that make any sense at all? I don't know if I am getting my thoughts across clearly...again...I don't know anything much about these topics, so I could be using the wrong wording to begin with.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well this wasnt very good to read about stareing.

Visual Disturbances There are several different types of visual disturbances that can occur before a seizure. Sometimes, a person will stare for an extended period of time before the seizure begins. If the person enters a trance-like state, this staring might only be noticed by third parties. Rapid blinking and eye movements are other warning signs. Some people have also reported blurred vision, vision loss or seeing a bright light before a seizure. Read more: Pre-Seizure Symptoms | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

Source

Also one of my old threads came up when I googled dreams

My thread about remembering dreams

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join