It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is gay marriage a Trojan horse?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The personal sniping stops here or the thread will need to be closed.

Simple.

Post in a civil manner or don't. Your choice.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
I don't know what kind of crazy-nonsense world you live in, but in this one - children and animals CANNOT enter into legal contracts - PERIOD!

What are you talking about ? Who can stop someone from exchanging vows - or the equivalent - with anyone or anything they like ?

It's not against any law to talk to children, animals or inanimate objects, so anybody can marry anyone or anything if they want to.

Originally posted by maus80
There is a HUGE difference between whether the sexual organs of two consenting adults can determine their eligibility to enter into a legal contract with each other, and the unprecedented ability to sign a legal contract with a child or an animal.

What should legal contracts have to do with marriage ? There should be no legality or illegality to any marriage whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Reply to OP...

While not gay myself (and married to my soulmate), I have known some folks that indeed, were in gay partnerships lasting for many years, then one died, and the other was left without any kind of benefits, etc.

Having seen this happen to people close to me, I'd have to be in favor of gay marriage...and for equality reasons, not any special benefits...but the same benefits as any other "spouse".

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join