It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is gay marriage a Trojan horse?

page: 8
6
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by rogerstigers
 


You want laws for EVERYTHING

go read a dictionary


I am not sure what your point is here.


Whenever I make a point about why the gay marriage does not support the State you come back with some retarded question about making up some fantasy law that punishes others because you did not get your way.

I am done with this you, obviously, are just bitter.




posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Whenever I make a point about why the gay marriage does not support the State you come back with some retarded question about making up some fantasy law that punishes others because you did not get your way.

I am done with this you, obviously, are just bitter.


Sorry you are under that impression. It is far from the truth, I have no emotional attachments to this issue at all. I am simply pointing out the fact that laws are intended to provide equal protection. If we are suddenly making the mandate that marriage is about procreation only, then one should have to procreate to get the benefits of marriage.

The "state" cannot enforce a preference or assumption that is not backed by law.


edit on 9-5-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by JaxonRoberts
 


Hetero sexual marriage = offspring = future tax payers.


So if there are no offspring then we strip away the legal rights and protections? Sterile couples and couples who choose to not have children should have their marriages stripped from them???

C'MON! SAY IT! SAY IT!!!

Now back to first cousins... It's called INCEST, and that's bad, mmkay! It dramatically INCREASES the likelyhood of genetic defects in the progeny and that COSTS the states more of that precious revenue that you are trying so hard to protect.

Seriously, your arguments have been laden with Strawmen and Ad Hominems, yet you seem to think we should take you seriously...
edit on 5-9-2011 by JaxonRoberts because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts
 

This all could have been solved with a power of attorney and a will. So if they were not energetic enough to do this I doubt they would have gotten a marriage license.



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts
 


Says the guy using big capital letters on the internet to have a rational discussion.



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies
 


A power of attorney is FAR broader than the spousal rights given in marriage (married service members often give power of attorney to their spouses when shipping out overseas), and most peeps in their early 40's think that there is plenty of time to get around to a will later. It was a sudden and unexpected stroke, and your lack of compassion for your fellow human being speaks VOLUMES about you...



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


Since you keep avoiding answering the question, it seems big letters are needed to get through to you...



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
oh my god NO.

WE JUST WANT EQUALITY!

LIKE EVERYONE DOES!

TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

I'm so sick of this DIM threads about Gay rights on ATS.
Wouldn't "equal" mean you would have to marry the opposite sex? Otherwise it does sound like "special" rights. As far as "civil right" not sure. But I do think the DOMA law tries to address this As far as being unconstitutional I agree that this should be left to the states. Whether gay or straight I don't believe anyone has the "right" to be married that has pretty much has been a church function taken over by the government as a revenue stream



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts
 
This says nothing about my compassion. but it does say you assume a lot and have an agenda



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
post removed by staff
And this argument sounds like a 10 year old wrote it. Educate yourself, life is not about getting your own way and being able to do everything you want to. Stop comparing your sexual preference to being of a different skin color. THERE IS NO GAY GENE.
edit on Mon Sep 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77
 


NAMBLA (pedophiles) like to rape children, not gay people. They are rapists who have "sex" with children without consent. What else do you want? Incidentally, what are you doing Friday night?
You sound awfully closeted to me, and wholly ignorant of the world. Some people are just gay. Some people are gay and weren't molested. Your fragile brain cannot cope with the validity of the rant above nor your lack of education and understanding for your fellow man. Deal with it. They will be on the planet with you for a long long time.

The reason it is compared to racism and bigotry is because people of "color" were referred to as In-Human. Not Human. Based solely on appearance. You are judging people based on sexual preference, deeming them some sort of abomination, and why you are so scared of it tells us you are either a moron or a closet case.

Edit: And in this world, I will screw who I want, when I want. As long as it is consensual, its none of your business.
edit on 5-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by discharged77
 


NAMBLA (pedophiles) like to rape children, not gay people. They are rapists who have "sex" with children without consent. What else do you want? Incidentally, what are you doing Friday night?
You sound awfully closeted to me, and wholly ignorant of the world. Some people are just gay. Some people are gay and weren't molested. Your fragile brain cannot cope with the validity of the rant above nor your lack of education and understanding for your fellow man. Deal with it. They will be on the planet with you for a long long time.

The reason it is compared to racism and bigotry is because people of "color" were referred to as In-Human. Not Human. Based solely on appearance. You are judging people based on sexual preference, deeming them some sort of abomination, and why you are so scared of it tells us you are either a moron or a closet case.

Edit: And in this world, I will screw who I want, when I want. As long as it is consensual, its none of your business.
edit on 5-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)
And stop putting words into my mouth, when did I say that gays are "inhuman"? I also dont remember saying that I am judging anyone. You are defending yourself????, Defend gay marriage, thats what this is about.



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77
 


Not really, your losing the argument and you know it. As far as calling you "an ignorant simpleton", well, thats just what you look like. You are confusing ideas and actions. You are confused and scared and you can only repeat things like "educated" and try to twist it around. Why you are so enamored with it tells us you are either a closet case, or just really stupid with alot of time on your hands- to be so dedicated and against something that has NOTHING to do with you and is not harming anybody. I hate NAMBLA too, but I don't confuse it with homosexuality. YOU LOSE. Deal with it. Its a crazy mixed up world, my friend....role with it. You may even make a really cool gay friend at some point in your life that you can confide in...if you haven't already. Relax, chill out.

Edit: I didn't put words in your mouth, your words pretty much state you feel homosexuals are some kind of mistake and/or wrong....Hmm...wrong for being human....you have issues.

Edit: And ....errr....thanks for the website recommendation...but I don't really think I wanna visit NAMBLA....its not my thing....
edit on 5-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by discharged77
 


Not really, your losing the argument and you know it. As far as calling you "an ignorant simpleton", well, thats just what you look like. You are confusing ideas and actions. You are confused and scared and you can only repeat things like "educated" and try to twist it around. Why you are so enamored with it tells us you are either a closet case, or just really stupid with alot of time on your hands- to be so dedicated and against something that has NOTHING to do with you and is not harming anybody. I hate NAMBLA too, but I don't confuse it with homosexuality. YOU LOSE. Deal with it. Its a crazy mixed up world, my friend....role with it. You may even make a really cool gay friend at some point in your life that you can confide in...if you haven't already. Relax, chill out.
I have known many gays in my time, this has nothing to do with them as human beings and i do not care who people bed. PERIOD. Its none of my business. Gay marriage does damage to the institution of marriage, many would agree on this. You have the same rights that I do, you can marry whomever you wish, you just cant marry another man, neither can I, so you see that the argument of equal rights is a non issue.



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
NAMBLA uses the rainbow flag of gayness on their website, they also point to many gay issues and claim to be a friend of the gay army. Saying they are not gay affiliated is like saying that the CIA is not a branch of the US government.



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77
 


Your argument isn't an argument, its your IDEA, and one that is not thought out well enough. Your idea insinuates that gays will wipe the Earth like some kind of plague turning everyone Gay and stopping life itself from being conceived. Its like something Hitler would say to justify his people ovens and gas chambers. WHO CARES if gays marry? And there is PLENTY of parent-less children around to be adopted by gays and raised properly, and before you say it, straight people have been known to produce gay children. Get off it, you make no sense. You are either insanely stupid and ignorant, or a total closet case.

Discharge, AKA, Hitler:
"NAMBLA uses the rainbow flag of gayness on their website, they also point to many gay issues and claim to be a friend of the gay army. Saying they are not gay affiliated is like saying that the CIA is not a branch of the US government."

Hello? Is anybody in there? I can wave any flag around I want, but it doesn't mean I am a part of it. The KKK waves the bible around sometimes, but that don't mean nuthin. Your so hard headed you can't see that Pedophiles and Gays are 2 completely different things.
edit on 5-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77
 


Institution.. of marriage? I keep hearing this term. But it comes off as rather pointless.. seeing as how straight couples have damaged marriage more than gay couples ever could.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join