It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accessing other peoples memories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The title of this thread/post is just a guess. Frankly, I'm not sure what I'm experiencing. Hoping to get some feedback, or see if anyone else has ever had this happen to them.

Like I said, I feel as if I'm experiencing or tapping into other people's memories or experiences. These "episodes" are usually triggered by something external - weather, a certain song coming on the radio, a noise, etc. I get a strange feeling come over me, one that I can't really describe except to say that I feel like I "detach". Sound gets muffled and I feel almost as if I "untether". As this happens, I begin to both "see" and feel these other events. The thing is, it's not like I'm observing them from afar. I'm actually there. I can feel it. I can hear sounds and smell smells. It's a very disorienting feeling, because it's like I'm there and not there at the same time.

Here's an example. I was driving to lunch along a semi-rural back road here in Pennsylvania. It was like there was a perfect synchronicity of stimuli - music I was playing combined with a warm, early-summer day - and I felt the "feeling" coming over me. Suddenly I was in Vermont. I don't know how I knew it was Vermont, but I did. I was driving a red pickup truck, and was listening to music on the radio. The music wasn't the same as what i was listening to, and I've never owned a pickup truck in my life. Again, I wasn't just seeing this in my head. It was like I was there.

There have been other similar instances. Sitting outside on my porch, and suddenly it's a summer night and I'm somewhere down South, in a really nice house while kids that aren't mine play outside. Many other examples.

These instances used to be sporadic, but lately they seem to be happening more and more. Tiny snippets now, though. Almost like pressing scan on a car radio and getting fragments of a song. Today in a Target parking lot I glanced up at an overcast sky and suddenly felt like I was somewhere else. Kansas or Oklahoma this time. Again, I don't know how I know the location. I just do.

So, has this ever happened to anyone else? Not long ago I read about Shamans and their belief in many dimensions of reality. It startled me to hear them describe the fifth, which was a record of the thoughts and memories of every human being. A glimpse into the collective consciousness of humanity. Is that what I'm experiencing? Or am I just batty?

I'd appreciate any thoughts. I'd especially be interested in hearing from anyone else this happens to.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No, I really don't believe you are "batty".... I have been having somewhat of the same experiences. Since I am home most of the time, I thought at first it was just boredom... but lately when I'm in that halfway asleep mode, it seems like I go into an "alternate universe". I am not sure what to think of it, but it seems too real to take lightly, and some things I have experienced in that have come true in this one, only I've been able to avoid some of the catastrophic events because I've already seen them played out to a point.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

Interesting. Sounds like your experiences differ just a bit from mine, in that you're seeing things that affect you directly, where my "episodes" aren't directly related to me.

These experiences don't rattle me or scare me in any way. They feel almost natural, as strange as that sounds.

Glad I'm not the only one that's experienced stuff like this.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
These experiences don't scare me at all........ I just have to get up and think about things for a bit sometimes. I know it seems weird, but I've been researching "alternate realities" and will post as soon as I have something worth posting. No, you are not alone, but some of this stuff is so weird, that when it happens in "my life" I know exactly what to do.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

I don't want to be the one to break the egg...but didn't I see this in a movie?

The subconscious is something that is very poorly understood...and psychologists are bathed in theories about how memory works and function...problem is...none of them have even a glimmer of understanding as of yet.

We are starting to understand the physiological matter...but that is about all for the moment...so memories are very personal and individual depending on the structure they are introduced by...for example:

Dr. Skinner...a loved behavioral scientist thought that memory was instinctual for survival but it could be manipulated to controlled behaviors and responses...so learned or instinctual...memory serves what purpose in survival..and what purpose in social society?

We are miles away....unfortunately...and the answers to these question are always leaving more questions!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

If it was in a movie - which is very possible - then it's one I haven't seen.

I'm open to the idea that it's a trick of the mind. However, it really doesn't feel like that to me. Hard to explain, but it just seems real on a lot of different levels.

I'll probably never know the cause of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am not saying that this has happened to you...but it has happened to many......that being walk-in spirits.

Sometimes a person is just plain weary of the current life they are leading and they want to leave the body they are in and ascend to heaven...sometimes heaven allows this....and it usually happens when people are sleeping....their current spirit and soul will leave their body.....and immediately after that happens ..the spirit and soul of someone else will enter their body.....and continue on a new karmic path...the spirit that enters...is a walk-in spirit...and retains the memories of the person ..that just left that body.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jtap66

I have been seeing through other peoples eyes, until they realize i am present and we both get scared and whatever connection we had breaks. I have also been seeing weird numbers or letters of some type in front of me, they move in all directions but cannot make them out clearly. I woke up this morning and i was wide awake but i was seeing everything computer like...i was looking at my hands and they looked fake....i was also seeing matrix like images all over my room in different colours. I have also developed interests in hobbies i have no clue about, like i took memories of the people i was part of. Recently i developed a fascination for classical music and wanting to play the piano and cello so badly, ive never liked that stuff before. I seem to teleport like how you describe in your post and i feel i have been there before...i can even feel the area like an emotion and remember the past by touching things like walls and trees in the area. I know it sounds crazy but maybe we all are.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Dude... you will totally dig this.

👣

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: cdkelder

Congrats dude, somehow you got yourself spritually awakened.
When you see images through other people's eyes, that is part of clairvoyance.
Matrix like images/colors are energy fields and auras.
The rest are all clair symptoms. IF all these are getting to you, ground yourself. Plenty of such materials
on youtube.

new topics

top topics

join