It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Star sculptures appear around the earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

I remember when I first saw one of these sculptures and it reminded me of a myth I read regarding how the earth gives birth every now and then. I didn't give it much thought at the time apart from wondering how anyone could come to that conclusion. After seeing the red spot on Jupiter and the massive scar on the planet Mars, I thought maybe that is where the idea came from. Then I saw this 3 D gravity geode of Earth...

You can spin it around to see the different areas of gravity on earth by using the bar below the image..
What caught my eye was the dark blue 1000 klm wide circle of extremely limited gravity..(thin earth crust) below India. Looking back over to central Africa and there is a depression and a lighter shade of blue. (possibly indicating a previous gravity weakness.)
At present there is a massive gravity peak in the Celebes Sea below the Philippines... the planet Earth is looking Intensely Gravitationally Pregnant, so to speak, in that region.
Anyway... these strange sculptures, in a strange way, have me wondering about that myth I had once read about.... (oh and that funny little asteroid out there that keeps earth company in its orbit.)
edit on 4-9-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
did a window pop up when you all went to this site, one did on me. I thought that a.t.s has a strict rule on people who use scare tactics to sell thier books. Not only that, the pop up was hard to get rid of. GO SELL YOUR JUNK LIES AND BOOKS SOMEWHERE ELSE.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
did a window pop up when you all went to this site, one did on me. I thought that a.t.s has a strict rule on people who use scare tactics to sell thier books. Not only that, the pop up was hard to get rid of. GO SELL YOUR JUNK LIES AND BOOKS SOMEWHERE ELSE.

um...I go to that site all the time without an issue..he has a lot of good info on fukushima for instance. it's not my site, if that's what you're saying

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Oh come on it's fun
(Insert favorite star wars quote here)

Jar-Jar Binks: Dis is nutsen

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The other thing of interest about this region of extreme gravity at the equator, appears to be the direction of the shifting north and south magnetic poles as they advance toward one another.

Accellerating Magnetic North Pole Advance

South Pole Track

I'd like to see the actual Magnetic activity and Pole movement mapped in relation to the Gravity geode. It would be interesting to know if it is the gravitational anomaly in Philippine area that is causing the Magnetic Pole movement.

Link to 2D Gravity Map

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The article says something like "many are wondering why these are appearing in locations around the world.... who's making them, and why?"....as if it is very mysterious. I had to laugh, because the "Death Stars" are actually all done by sculpture artist Arnaldo Pomodoro, and wouldn't one agree that the following prices of a few of these bronze sculptures (sold at auction) satisfies the "why?"
42o,75o EUR
51,15o EUR
16,25o USD
34,375 USD
Sotheby's

I agree that the title is misleading... and a good choice of words for piquing curiousity. Last week my significant other asked me to order dvds online-- Star Wars I, IV, &V to complete his collection. Naturally, I am one of those people who don't really "get" it but I try to pay attention to things relating to the franchise, as it's such an important thing to him, Jedi that he is. So, I clicked on this thread because of the title, and find it is really about Pomodoro's sculptures, one of which we, along w/my brother, saw in Rome two years ago. I just searched online for about twenty mins to see which small contemporary art&sculpture museum it was. I can't remember the name. Anyways, here are some pics I gathered online to add some visual aids to this Death Stars Appear Around the Earth thread. LoL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fc7004a70ae.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/158a00dfee93.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd19b9b99569.png[/atsimg]
Apologies for no dimension info on the above sculptures. That'd require more research than I'm willing to do. The one I saw is about the size of a large sedan-type car (if it was scrunched into a ball). It was in the outdoor space of the museum.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

Thanks for the link, I checked out the movable earth-potato. Good article, and reputable source, refreshing compared to the OP's source for this thread.

Here is a quote from the article to which you linked, above (Goce Gravity-Satellite, BBC Europe), and what I'll tell others I learned today: "Even so, a boat off the coast of Europe (bright yellow) can sit 180m "higher" than a boat in the middle of the Indian Ocean (deep blue) and still be on the same level plane."

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There symbols that will help you find a secret society of mega ultra starwars fans, and I mean worse than the people who dress up and treat may 4th like a holiday

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

what on earth could these things signify? what's the source? illuminati? NWO? I'd love to hear everyone's ideas..because I have no clue.

I would be glad to help you out. It is called Art..... Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This isnt the thread you're looking for.

You can go about your business.

Move along.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0657b9aa78b7.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 4-9-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kkrattiger
reply to post by LexiconV

Thanks for the link, I checked out the movable earth-potato. Good article, and reputable source, refreshing compared to the OP's source for this thread.

Here is a quote from the article to which you linked, above (Goce Gravity-Satellite, BBC Europe), and what I'll tell others I learned today: "Even so, a boat off the coast of Europe (bright yellow) can sit 180m "higher" than a boat in the middle of the Indian Ocean (deep blue) and still be on the same level plane."

Glad someone found the gravitational forces in 3 D interesting. The info would probably make a good thread on its own. I'd like to know if the 'birth myth/concept' has been explored/researched by scientists and not just by artists and film makers.
Eg... ]earth's core changes

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is one sculptor with a particular vision or idea he's working with that has gotten multiple commissions around the world for his work, that's all. It's like saying there's something conspiratorial going on because there are more than 20 commissioned large sized versions of Rodin's "The Thinker" in different places around the world. Artists get famous, they get their work sold around the world. That's just how it works.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by Skate

Yeah I assumed that earth was about to be taken over by the dark lord of the with also.

LOL I was assuming the thread would be some hour long video with some guy talking forever rambling on about Star Wars coming to reality to our planet so I had to post to say the guy is out of his mind, to come and find a thread about sculptures...

Glad Star Wars isn't coming true

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thats not a sculpture, thats a space station!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A new earth within the earth. Not surprising but it does not have anything to do with the death star. If anything it looks more like a positive thing. The recreation of a idealistic paradise on earth.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hey you fellow reply-ers to this thread, I think I deserve some stars for the reply up there. I know it's not REALLY important, but some (most) people need(want) a gold sticker for effort. Ha! Can't believe I'm groveling for recognition of effort. But, hitting "reply" now anyways

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
alright, clearly silly link with not credible source, I'm taking myself to the woodshed. *smack BAD poster *smack dude is pretty solid with other stories; not sure why he put this on his site.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Would be nice if the moon is a death star

And will be better if it comes close to Earth and pick ourselves when Earth is about to to be busted by Nibiru

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

Death Stars appear around the earth

theintelhub.com

Just as we have seen occult type artwork of the New World Order in the Denver International Airport (DIA) and the Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands, we now are seeing Death-Stars pop up worldwide.

What could this occult art and these strange objects symbolize? Who placed them there? These are the questions many are now asking.

Do they relate to the Georgia Guide Stones or even 2012? Do they relate to theories expressed by Dr. Jaysen Rand in his book The Return of Planet X?
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-9-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

Anybody know about the occult artwork in the dutch Schiphol Airport? I can't find anything about it on ATS...maybe because...I can't find it.

Because I am dutch and did see the strange art in the Denver airport I would like to see how 'they' exhibit this sh!t in my own country.

Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join