It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's approval of the American public slips to an all-time low.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Obama's approval of the American public slips to an all-time low.

President Obama's approval rating of the American public has fallen to an all-time low, according to a new Gallup survey of White House residents and employees.

Fewer than one in 10 Americans earned the president's favor, according to the president. That is down sharply from six in 10—the percentage of Americans Obama approved of shortly after his election in November 2008, and the lowest level yet for his administration.

"They're not doing a very good job, frankly," said the president. "Most of them, I mean. Some are. But not many."

The public doesn't pay enough taxes. There are "things we need to pay for as a country," the president stressed.

Americans also are lousy consumers, according a cross-tabulation of responses by Energy Secretary Steven Chu, who said recent regulation of light bulbs was a good thing because "we are taking away a choice that continues to let people waste their own money."

Read more at:

reason.com...

Well, I must say this isn't totally unexpected coming from him....he did say that Americans shouldn't worry about the financial crisis, since the experts are on it.....lol

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
is this from the onion?
edit on 4-9-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
HOLY COW! I can't believe this is not incensing the people against him!

This puppet is ridiculous. The fact that his mother is jewish doesn't sound any alarm bells?

Actually, alarm bells be d////mned. I will probably be banned for even pointing out this FACT.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

This puppet is ridiculous. The fact that his mother is jewish doesn't sound any alarm bells?

Actually, alarm bells be d////mned. I will probably be banned for even pointing out this FACT.
WOW, I didnt know that, it explains how he has been able to come to power. Alarm bells are ringing in my ears now.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Expect a false flag attack/event soon to boost his ratings up again...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That's ok Obama,

Not too many people approve of you either.

In fact, you have a good majority of the World looking at you with nothing less than disdain and hatred.

Sucks to be you Obama. Run along now. You're finished and your 15 minutes are up.

edit on 4-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
thank you for posting this... i needed a good laugh today, almost made me forget about the dental work that i just had done

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

What do you think the public will do?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77

WOW, I didnt know that, it explains how he has been able to come to power. Alarm bells are ringing in my ears now.

So only ONE PERSON gets it?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Shouldn't it be (by the American people)...not (of the American people)? As for not many people approving of our President......that is to be expected....but I don't think many are bothering to see the entire picture.

edit on 4-9-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!

You just can't let people go and dig their own holes, can you?

edit on 4-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
...obama doesnt approve of us?...
...gosh (sniffle)...
...just breaks my heart (sniffle, sniffle)...
...gotta go cry about it now...
...scuse me (sniffle, sniffle, sniffle)...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Now, I think that Obama is a clown ( just like every other recent US president ).

However, I think he's copping a lot of unfair flak for matters which are probably far beyond his control. I mean, if the American public had elected McCain in 2008, then I highly doubt that the current state of the USA would have been any better.

The outcome of opinion polls, just like general elections, are largely defined by the most ignorant of the populace representing a statistical majority.

Of course, if the economy is awry, then it must be the president's fault; if unemployment is high, then it must be the president's fault; if your favourite sports team is losing, then it must be the president's fault.

People, generally, will blame everyone but themselves for their own shortcomings, and the obvious bogeyman for these people to knee-jerkly blame for all that is wrong with the world will, inevitably, be the current president.

I doubt that approval ratings mean anything else other than how brassed off with their current life the interviewee was at the time of being questioned.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Whatever the mainstream media tells them to do, naturally.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Whatever the mainstream media tells them to do, naturally.

Oh, naturally... Rather ironic statement coming from someone who does not seem to be able to see past their own bias, no?

It's an Opinion article... Satire.

It does a fine job of providing opportunity for those to spout off without actually reading, though.
Once again, people see what they want to, not what is there...

edit on 4-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I read the article. nowhere is the gallup poll linked or referenced, I find that dubious. all the quotes are from people in the white house, not the president, and the one quote that is attributed to him is from a speech given last week

I call BS

the very best thing you can say about this blog is he took some unrelated quotes and wove them together into a semi sarcastic piece of pure opinion

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
were you guys taking this seriously? rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was originally a skit on ONN, this is too funny!

Sarcasm is wasted on ATS, i can't believe how many this post has pissed off

ETA: i'll find a video of the skit, it was really funny... kind of an snl sort of thing
edit on 4-9-2011 by TheThirdAdam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Were not going anywhere untill we realize that the president doesn't call the shots. His job is simply to take the heat, for everything, and to read scripts.. He is the spokesperson nothing more.. Although his hair has gotten mighty grey ever since his election.. Stressed out much???

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
were you guys taking this seriously? rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was originally a skit on ONN, this is too funny!

Sarcasm is wasted on ATS, i can't believe how many this post has pissed off

ETA: i'll find a video of the skit, it was really funny... kind of an snl sort of thing
edit on 4-9-2011 by TheThirdAdam because: (no reason given)

if that's true, the sad part is it got picked up by a million blogs as truth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join